Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

Re: If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

@ellie50 @Silky696   This thread is an old thread back in 2012

Re: If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

I prefer having a choice of a free product. Would be nice if instead of a choice between 2 products, one could have their choice of any mini product or a brush. (I absolutely love Sephora brushes - much appreciate the Rouge gift ones).

My experience with mini-makeovers has been dismal at best.  Plus, I question how sanitary a full make-over would be when I witness how customers use testers (esp lip and eye products). I can't count the number of mis-matched foundations I have walked out of the store on my face, only to have to return after I've seen them in good light.  It's better to get 3 samples, try them and then select.

OMG ! Id be ecstatic! I fought the demon for many years, and when I finally decided that I don't give a s-it what others think, I found I had missed so much, not growing up with make-up! I have had a couple3 of make-overs at Dillard's, and am always amazed how much better I look ! I am now 4 days older than dirt, and a Cancer Survivor. Time to do what I want.

Michelle

This thread is 3 years old, so I'm going to assume that Sephora is probably not considering this idea anymore.  Which is probably for the best.

I'd have to say no too. Unfortunately, I find many makeup artists are not familiar with applying makeup on those that do not have traditional Western features.

I agree with other members who suggested gift certificates. 

No, I am able to get a complimentary makeover now. I would prefer a discount towards a purchase instead. It would be a lot more useful for me. I am usually out of town celebrating my birthday, so it wouldn't be convenient to go into a store for a makeover. I second the dirty brushes as well, if I am going to get a makeover, I would appreciate not having someone else's dry skin or acne juice all over my face. That would not be pleasant at all. Give me a discount & I will use the heck out of it!

I would say no, I already have free makeover's from becoming VIB or Rouge that I don't use... I have very sensitive skin and I don't feel like many Sephora employees take that into consideration when doing makeovers.

Like others, I would prefer a discount coupon so I can get the items that I know work for me.

Anonymous Insider

Sorry but no. I think a gift certificate like the $25 off $50 would be much better. That definitely gets me out there spending money. A makeover doesn't. 

I wouldn't because of the time difficulties. If I got a makeover at Sephora for my birthday, I would do it in the early morning when the store wouldn't even be open yet. I think this would be a really nice gesture for those who aren't VIB Rouges! Glad to see that Sephora is planning to add more to their programs! 🙂 

Nope. Last time I had that happen, I looked like an oompa loompa. No thanks. 

No makeover for me as well.  I think it's very hit or miss for most people and also unsanitary.

I noticed for a lot of GWPs at department stores they have an option to "build your own gift" , which I think would be awesome if implemented as a custom birthday gift at sephora.

It would be fun to be given a list of deluxe items, pick 4-5, and have them put in a cute bag for you 😄

LOVE this idea!

No..It is very unhygienic - brushes are reused nonstop without proper cleansing and sanitation. The sephora employee puts the same brush that he/she used on 21331321x customers and reuse the same brush again on you next. Was it properly sanitized? No. Was it even washed? No. Did the employee try to clean it before putting it on you? No. When I asked to be cleaned the employee does a sloppy job by doing few quick sprays and rub it with a napkin.From my experience of having the worst breakout, I will never again use make up from "testers" section with uncleaned brush on my face or beyond the palm of my hand. In addition, the "testers" products are used which houses molds, bacteria infestation (literally breeds bacteria from all those 234342 people touching, licking, rubbing, etc onto dif), contains fecal matter (some people do not wash their hands), and..... some people will literally put the testers stuff on their mouth directly and put it back in (lip gloss, etc).   Can sephora please do something about this? 😞  I had a really bad break out from this experience. Like maybe have various sets of brushes and once used on a customer, toss it into a cleaning bins where it is or will be properly washed and sanitized (soap...alcohol.... and then U.V. light system or anything to kill bacteria, etc)... or use disposable brushes. And maybe have a sink on those make up stations so that the makeup artists can wash their hands with soap when touching people's faces.

I would only get this service done, if sephora had different sets of testers just specifically used on people getting make overs so that it limits the amount of people touching the tester products + use of disposable items (i.e. temporary mascara tips). And if the brushes are properly sanitized.

No.  I never get makeovers at any store and don't understand why stores keep offering it.  I'd think it draws in people who rarely buy makeup but is less compelling for those who do.  

Coupons I'd actually use…so I agree with most others below.

I'd prefer a high value coupon that can be used online or instore. I find that i travel for my birthday so i may not have time to come in for a makeover

I used to live in Alaska so lived 8 hrs away from the nearest Sephora.  Though a complementary makeover would be nice and the free bday items are a bonus, I would love to see a discount off a purchase!  Or maybe one item.

I would also prefer a coupon of some sort. I don't live close to a Sephora, so I online shop!

No, I'd prefer a discount certificate such as 20% off entire purchase.

Anonymous Insider

I would totally go, what a fun idea for before a birthday party or dinner!

Anonymous Insider

I'd rather have some sort of discount or coupon. I'm not sure if I'll ever take advantage of the free makeovers that  Rouges get. First of all, I have sensitive eyes and have eye allergies/infections frequently. It makes me nervous having anyone use brushes/products on my eyes that have been used on others. I'm unsure how clean they actually are. In addition, I'm very conservative and try to be what I consider to be age appropriate for me. Most of the staff that I see in my Penneys Sephora are younger and a bit more adventurous than I am with colors. They look beautiful, but it's out of my own personal comfort zone. 

My my loves list is getting to be a mile long, so a discount of some sort would be highly appreciated and put to good use.

testing