Sephoraadmin

Fragrance Inspirations: What makes you want to try a new fragrance?

[ Edited ]

beauty4ashes

Re: Fragrance Inspirations: What makes you want to try a new fragrance?

(0) Hearts

What makes me want to try a new fragrance?

I love variety since the fragrance I choose depends on my mood.

I wish Sephora had those little fragrance plastic sample containers as Nordstrom carries.

No matter how lovely something smells in the bottle, it has the tendency to change on me sometimes & the scent is not for me.

brookithewooki

I find that wearing perfume -- or body mist, scented lotions, and the like -- is like role playing. Somedays I feel like being a flirtatious, young, and fresh girl, so I give myself a little spritz of Justin Bieber's Someday perfume. Or, maybe I feel seductive and modern and choose to mist myself with Victoria's Secret's Gorgeous perfume.  The sentiment that with different scents I nearly become a different being draws me to wanting to try new fragrances.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

I totally agree with brookithewooki. I choose the perfume I'm going to wear  based on the kind of persona I want to have that day. It sounds a bit silly, but I think many of us do that. Like whenever I feel bold and edgy I always wear some Kat Von D. Maybe it's just a mood thing, or wanting to highlight certain aspects of our personality with certain fragrances.

Also, I am always eager to try a new fragrance if I know it has jasmine in it. One type is native to Pakistan -- where my family is from -- and my parents have kept jasmines in our front yard for as long as I can remember, so I guess I have a bit of a sentimental attachment to that scent. :smileyhappy:

etherealbliss

(0) Hearts

Honestly, the appearance of the bottle is what makes me want to try a perfume lol.  I love beautifully designed bottles that I can display on my dresser and have been known to not purchase a nice-smelling perfume because the bottle was ugly--silly as it sounds.  I will also want to try any fragrance with oriental notes because I am drawn to sweet (but not overly), rich scents.  

canseethruu

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

What me wants to change or try a new fragrance is the season. I have come across MANY that I would love to have for summer! I have the fever for a change :-)

Justso89

Magazine perfumed pages really inspire me to lift my bottom from the couch and go try new perfumes :smileyhappy:
Julesy1717

(0) Hearts

the packaging

angelclarice

(0) Hearts

I love Jasmine and floral scents so if I hear something has jasmine in it, I will check it out.

kerrstarr

(0) Hearts

The strip samples I find in the magazines get me every time!

Oh, and yes- the fragrance samples from Sephora!

bearsmom

(0) Hearts

When I can find a description of the scent.  I have allergies and I get migraines so I can't really sample any frangrance, I have to keep to scents I know I can handle.  I would love to find one that says "Smells like rain, freshcut grass, and clean laundry with notes of Grandma's house, Ivory soap, and Barbie glitter lotion. NO flowers." It would have to go home with me!!

katie1016

(0) Hearts

If the sample is good.

dottiemay1221

(0) Hearts

I recently received a sample of Tokidoki's Adieu perfume in a mini rollerball.  I love it!  Having a sample of their perfume come in this type of packaging really made it convenient for me to try the product.  I will definitely purchase it when I run out of the sample.  I wish every line would provide a sample of their perfume in this type of packaging. 

spamantha

(0) Hearts

usually when i change my wardrobe for the seasons or a special event i like to change my fragrance. i have specific ones to go with specific styles.  

i do however wear the female version of my boyfriend's cologne when i really miss him

miriihunz93

the fragrance sampler ads they have in magazines, inspire me to try something new

basmah

(0) Hearts

A mood change made me want to change from my usual floral- Chanel # 5, Arpege, Stella McCartney's Stella and a  peony based boutique scent to a richer, darker, yet still partly floral Bulgari Jasmin Noir. It's wonderful and suits my more mysterious side. I  found it in the Newport NJ Mall Sephora with the help of scent expert ,April!

I travel into NJ once a month to shop at this Sephora, as the staff is wonderful, helpful, and patient, even with someone like me. I have visited Sephora's all over NYC.

The staff in NYC behave as is one if going to steal something, or that the customer is an annoyance who interrupted their gossip session. The complaint I hear most often from friends,(not willing to travel to Jersey) is that if one dares to go into a Sephora in NYC without a full face of makeup and a designer suit, one is ignored- or watched as a criminal. Who goes into a Beauty Emporium in a full face of makeup? How can you try anything on? It's crazy. The service in NYC has always been the same. "Snotty" is the unfortunate word.

In the Newport Mall, if they are out of something, they will check in the back, and often find it!  If not, will give you an approximate day of arrival. In NY, they won't even look in the back. "Sor-eeeee" was the answer I got at the upper 60's shop on third or Second Avenue.

I'm leaving tomorrow for Jersey, to do my pre buying shopping. My buying day is the first, and I'll be happy to see Aysha,(complexion) Tim, (color Master) April, (Scent expert) and the lovely Dana, Manager of this store who knows what the customer Needsnot only what she Wants. I've bought things there I Never would have thought of (Eyebrow kits) until it was shown to me, and let me do one side of my face myself. Who knew the eyebrows were Essential in framing the face? Not I, until shown. Thanks to all the staff and Management at Sephora at the Newport Mall Sephora- and I will continue to recommend it to my friends whoa re too 'scared' to enter a NYC Sephora. Sopping for scent was new to me, but the Sephora

"wall" helped,as April helped choose from among those recomended. It was a pefect fit,and allowing me to try the scent for a week made up my mind, between three differnt scents. Thank You Sephora!

chewcifer

definitely if i smell a magazine strip or smell a tester...

(0) Hearts
definitely if i smell a magazine strip or smell a tester in store!
kimby1989

a celeb face and the bottle shape

(0) Hearts
a celeb face and the bottle shape
x5starchickx

Honestly, I'll go out of my way to smell a certain fragra...

(0) Hearts
Honestly, I'll go out of my way to smell a certain fragrance if the bottle has an appealing look. (for instance, I saw MAC turquatic's bottle & automatically fell in love); other than appearance, fragrance is the main factor for buying a new perfume!
paola9235

(0) Hearts

smelling it on someone else, which is not always good because fragrances smell different on each person

juicycandy243

(0) Hearts

The bottle of the prefume is the thing that really catches my eye in a store full of hundreds of perfumes,I have unfortunatley bought a perfume without even smelling it, the bottle was too amazing I couldn't resist and I ended up not really liking it,but I now love it because of the bottle and how it looks amazing on my counter.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 204 replies
  • 198 hearts
  • 197 in conversation
    • cocobella
    • Sephoraadmin
    • makeuplover400
    • chewcifer
    • corrin99
    • shoddy