Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Fragrance Inspirations: What makes you want to try a new fragrance?

When the bottle is really pretty or different i just have...

When the bottle is really pretty or different i just have to check it out

Re: Fragrance Inspirations: What makes you want to try a new fragrance?

The changing of the seasons.
Anonymous Insider

There are usually 2 reasons for me to want to try a new fragrance..(I always wear fragrance, since high school, remember "Eua De Love"? )  The 2 reasons are:

1. I am tired of my usual, aka, signature fragrance.  My mother would know when I would enter a room because she would "smell my scent".  People to this day in the office make the same comments.
  2. The other factor is usually if a new fragrance has been launched by a company that i have had a fragrance that I have loved.  I have found that some companies produce fragrances with the same type of notes, which mix well with my body chemistry.  I am sure you have smelled a fragrance weather it be in an advertisement in a publication, or "sprayed" by a department store person...and the notes are just so wonderful...but, put it on your skin and wait a few minutes, those notes are no longer the same.    That being said, I do have a few  companies that produce fragrances that mix well with my body chemistry such as: Channel, Calvin Klein, Coach. 
  3. OK, I still am drawn to the counter and take a look a few trials on my arms when the urge hits me, or when I get a whiff of a wonderful aroma that passes me.  I am not shy to stop and ask them what they are wearing.

When I want to change things up a bit!

When I want to change things up a bit!

argan oil

argan oil
Anonymous Insider

I never wear perfume, actually. I like scents that occur naturally in a product because of its ingredients (Tea Tree Oil, Shea Butter, etc.) Clean smells are really what I go for, not the tar-based stuff in perfume.

Anonymous Insider

The start of a new beginning. When I'm entering a new cha...

The start of a new beginning. When I'm entering a new chapter in my life, I want to experience the sensation of a new fragrance to monument this mile stone.
Anonymous Insider

Simplicity in the Fragrance catches my attention and I begin to desire the fragrance. Also, a soft hint of fragrance sor of like a lingering effect with subtly light smells gets my attention.

Anonymous Insider

When I can't smell my own after I apply it.

When I can't smell my own after I apply it.

There are a few potential reasons that make me want to try a new fragrance:

1. If I feel I'm getting in a rut beauty or fashion wise, then for me a new fragrance is a great way to shake things up.

2. I'm often lured by the unique or the exotic. When I heard how unique Thierry Mugler's "Womanity" is, I knew I had to try it and I love it!  Also, Kenzo KenzoAmour "Indian Holi" sounded very exotic, and I fell in love with that after I tried it too!

3. To expand my collection: it always makes me feel put together if I have the right fragarance for my mood and the appropriate fragrance for different occasions. To fit all those requirements, I need more than one signature scent!

4. Reading an article about different fragrances makes me want to try some of them. For instance, I read in Cosmo that people really tend to notice citrus scents so I tried a few of the citrus scents that they recommended.

The change of the seasons really brings out the mad scientist in me! I am open to all kinds of scents whether it be floral, oriental, spicy, musk. Just as long as it smells good on me, because of our unique body chemistry not everything that smells great on others will smell just as great on you! i have tried so many different kinds and every season, I get inspired to try more. The warmth of the summer steers me towards more oriental scents, spring makes me want to try floral scents with fresh notes, winter and fall directs me towards more musky or woodsy scents. sometimes I even wear men's cologne, it just smells so different on a woman! At the moment my favourte fragrances are: DKNY Delicious, and Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger. 

A new scent inspires and awakes the mind.

Anonymous Insider

a pretty bottle

a pretty bottle

When I hear a Youtube beauty guru talk about one that they love.

Anonymous Insider

To find one that smells stronger and lasts longer.

Anonymous Insider

every new smell brings a new memory

an attractive bottle

an attractive bottle

Clean or Rustic styled bottles. Not too bulky.

Clean or Rustic styled bottles. Not too bulky.

What makes me want to a try something new is if it captur...

What makes me want to a try something new is if it captures that sweet and flirty fragrant smell i am looking for. Example: Sarah Jessica Parker, Covet.

when im in a god, confident mood, also new seasons, chang...

when im in a god, confident mood, also new seasons, changes in life!

Many things make me want to choose a new fragrance.  Probably first and foremost would be, like a lot of others posted, the change of season.  The other things that inspire me is wanting to receive compliments and smell a little different each day.  I don't have a signature fragrance, way too boring ( no offense to anyone who does have a signature perfume).  I am a fragrance junkie who has all kinds of perfumes new and old.  I love to try old fragrances that bring back special memories of being younger.  I also like to try the newest perfumes to see how they will smell on me.  

testing