Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Fragrance Inspirations: What makes you want to try a new fragrance?

humid weather

humid weather
Anonymous Insider

Re: humid weather

What do you mean? Could you please elaborate on that? thank you!

Usually after a breakup, when I'm craving something new....

Usually after a breakup, when I'm craving something new. Or when I walk past an amazing smell on someone else that reminds me of something familiar.
Anonymous Insider

the packaging and if someone on youtube says it smells good!

the packaging and if someone on youtube says it smells good!

Re: Fragrance Inspirations: What makes you want to try a new fragrance?

Personally, it's when someone has a better sent then me!!! Smiley Very Happy

If I happen to smell a new fragrance in the store that appeals to me, I normally always buy it. I always love new seasonal lineups as well!

Magazine Ads

Magazine Ads
Anonymous Insider

What inspires me to try a new fragrence is trying a new trend as well. Because it is just as easy to try wide-leg jeans as it it is to try a new floral scent. Changing your look and scent altogether is both refreshing and a fun way to spruce up your look and give you confidence.

Anonymous Insider

Who ever endorses or creates a fragrence. I knew Katy Perry's Purr would smell good because shes so fun loving. Yea so.... yep.

PEL;)

Anonymous Insider

Honestly?? When they stopping selling or producing my signature favorite scent!!!

Spoiler

Usually the notes that are listed describing it, but gett...

Usually the notes that are listed describing it, but getting free samples helps me make my mind up about what to buy

When the ads are about the actual fragrance and how it smells instead of what name is behind it, or the image it's trying to project.

Although I have an embarassing number of perfumes I guess you could say I am still kind of looking for "the one". For a while it was Ralph Lauren's Romance but then it just got so popular that it kind of lost its charm for me 😕

I also went through my GAP Heaven phase while everyone was going gaga over Dream but then that also got too popular.

Funny thing is I still have these on call should I need a fragrance that I know works!

I get excited when a trusted name comes out with a fragrance. I'm always open to trying new scents from brands that I know well and also more boutiquey brands that I may not be familiar with.

One thing I an NOT a fan of are celebrity brands. No offense to anyone but I don't get buying a fragrance endorsed by a movie star/singer that has no experience with scents... just not for me.

I'm always trying limited edition summer fragrances and those released by brands that you may not automatically associate with perfume, like Adrienne Vitadinni, Banana Republic etc.

islandqt---I own a lot of celebrity fragrances but it has nothing to do with the celebrities themselves. I buy them because I like the scent. I couldnt care less about Paris Hilton but I LOVE her Heiress and Cancan perfumes. They smell amazing, last a good time and I always get compliments on them but I wear fragrance mostly for myself. I like to smell good and I like to wear fragrance that I love to put on every morning.

Anonymous Insider

A new memory that I want to remember.

Summer

I am a perfume junkie. I have a cabinet full of fragrances and it doesnt matter how many I run out of, I always have more than what I need for the year. I love to smell good, I love it when people compliment me on my fragrance. I am not ready to leave the house without it, its like deodorant. When I go to Sephora or ULTA I take a bunch of those paper things and sniff and repeat until I find something I really like. I NEVER forget a good fragrance so when I'm ready to get a new one I always remember it. I always sniff the perfumes in magazines although they dont always smell the same when I get to the store. I love it, they are my little treasures. I get a lot of them as gifts too. I am a sucker for pretty bottles but wont buy them if I dont like the scent. I never buy fragrance online because I dont want to deal with the hassle of having to return it if I dont like it. I like to try new ones all the time, there are only 2 fragrances that I have bought more than once and they are Hilary Duff With Love and Ralph Lauren Wild. However, I really love my Escada Taj Sunset and Marine Groove and do plan on buying those again as well. Right now I am LUSTING after Island MIchael Kors Palm Beach and will absolutely get it when needed.

Whats the notes on the Micheal Kors??  I want the new Dior Addict so bad!

Anonymous Insider

i love how you sound like your confessing to being a perfume junkie! lol! arent we all?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I like to smell sweet yet flirty with a little twist!

Either samples found in magazines/ads or if I am looking for a specific blend of note(s).  Also inspired by nature and mood. 

2 Replies
testing