Nicrohr

"Super High-End" Beauty Favs? Wish List?

[ Edited ]

Have any 'super' high end beauty favs or wish list items?  I'm looking for inspiration for a birthday (and Xmas) indulgence gift for myself.

I've long been a fan of higher end beauty like Bare Minerals, Nars, Too Faced, etc.  Love them, just don't see them as 'unattainable' any longer and curious what's out there to "save up for."  

I recently tried a Givenchy and a Dior lippy though, and I'm in love -- I feel like they are a step up from my usual stuff!?  I also got a Clarisonic Aria, which I thought was gimmick but turns out I LOVE it (though perhaps that's not really super high end).  

Maybe it's all in my head, but just humor me :smileywink:...

I thought I'd see what people have found to be a serious but worthwhile indulgence :smileyhappy:.  Maybe really luxe product, a specially designed case, a set, a really expensive wish list product...

Do your worst!

Loricaaa

Re: "Super High-End" Beauty Favs? Wish List?

LOL...well you asked for it! :smileyhappy:

Omorovicza Essential Set

1. Omorovicza Essenstials Set.jpg

Cle De Peau Concealer

5. Cle de Peau Beaute.jpg

Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad- Seductive Rose

2. Tom Ford Seductive Rose.jpg

Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate

4. Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate.jpg

Tom Ford Lipstick (a buncha shades, but if I had too choose one it would be Bruised Plum)

3. Tom Ford Lipstick.jpg

Ohhhh and if I could magically get all the Tom Ford brushes too... :smileywink:

solveig

I am right there with you on all things Tom Ford :smileywink: That eyeshadow quad looks insanely gorgeous, and don't even get me started on the brushes. Oh, and I adore his packaging.

evno

I've been obsessed with Dior products lately, starting with all of the lip products. They feel so good and last pretty long, so I'm saving up. :smileyhappy:  

upload_1474518300638549172.jpgupload_8320182497417865024.jpgupload_254088522884212548.jpg

I like Givenchy's lipsticks, too.

upload_1037416292430589423.jpg

Also, I've been eyeing Guerlain's meteorite powders for a while. They're really pricey, but you get a lot! (1.05 oz. of powder!?) Plus, they're so darn pretty.

upload_3688521401033894767.jpg

mimibel

image.jpgThis is my fave ES palette, I wish they would release more shadows with this formula. Powder but creamy, colors are all the most subtle multicolor shifts with very very fine multicolor glitter. They pack on and build color or sheer out, all stunning over a black cream too. I wish I'd bought 2, they are high now on ebay when you can find one...

KayyLynn

I have been contemplating the Cle de pau concealer, even more so that I hit pan on my concealer today. I am also wanting to try a Tom Ford lipstick. Some things on my list I plan to buy that I consider "higher end" would be Dior eyeshadow palette in rosey tan, Kevyn Aucoin Celestial powder and sculpting powder. A couple purchases I enjoy would be my Chanel bronze universal, face powder and the glossimers........ I really enjoy all the items I buy from Chanel!

carolang

Guerlain meteorites was my first foray into indulgent products... and I don't regret it! Teint beige is perfect for my neutral skin tone. It's not sparkly. I have a bareMinerals illuminating mineral veil and that has straight up sparkles but this is just a great setting powder, it definitely adds that touch of something extra that you can't pinpoint - just like everyone that has it says!

solveig

I would really like to try some of Tom Ford's makeup, especially the lipsticks and eyeshadow quads. But there is no way I can justify spending this amount of money on a product.

glossyguru

A really expensive product on my wish list right now is the Make Up For Ever 12 Color Flash Case! It's $99, but so universal and useable, I want it so bad!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

This looked SO COOL!  This is on my fantasy list because I think it is super neat, I love how it looks -- and I never use bright color in my make up lol.  So I can't buy it for me, but I think it would be such a cool indulgence if it was your thing.  Love the kinda retro style of this.

ladysybil

Chantecaille "Just Skin" and Sunday Riley "Good Genes." They're both super expensive but they make my skin look so amazing.

hydee77

[ Edited ]

This here is probably the most expensive product I have ever lusted over.  I have the small bottle from the "Discovery Set" and it is just....awesome.  $145! for the full bottle!  Cha ching.

L'Artisan Parfumeur
Mûre et Musc

mure et musc.jpg

rikkie

I scored some L'Artisan Parfumeur body lotions on super clearance recently for $8 each (but didn't get the perfumes they had there even though they were an amazing deal too.) I put a bit of one lotion on the back of my hand to smell it properly and I was still getting strong wafts of scent while typing at the computer hours later. Insane sillage and lasting power. I swear the only comparable thing in powerfulness of scent I've experienced is Tom Ford Black Orchid. 

Are their perfumes as potent? I had Premier Figuier and Fou d'Absinthe (which I swear is masculinity distilled, I can't imagine it being unisex like some people claimed!) 

lovelyred139

Last year for my birthday my sister gave me a rather generous Sephora gift card.  I ended up getting the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation -- way out of my grad student price range for a staple product -- but I'm in serious trouble now, because I'm hooked.  My skin can get a little dry and patchy in the winter (New England weather), and this is one of the few foundations I've played with that doesn't emphasize flakes.  I used to hate makeup application in the winter, but this took so much of the fussing out of my routine.  It's not a great line if you have a darker skin tone, but for the preternaturally pale like myself it can be a fantastic product.

Crescent312

I'm luusting after Guerlain  meteorites , ysl glossy stains and ysl touché éclat!!!

kalex

Do you have anything from Edward Bess?  I have a few different things (lipstick, Quad Royale, eye shadow singles) and I really like them all.  

This one is on my WL -

upload_591497721806416438.jpg

knadala

Chanel Vitalumiere foundation and Guerlain meteorites!

spoiledbrat

@missie - you poor little dear sweet precious girlie; maybe mommy needs to come and take da wittle gurl sopping so she can get sum sings foe harselwf :smileysad:

kirstensf

The Eve Lom cleanser, the Guerlain bronzers and Meteorites, and the Intensive Exfolikate are all worthy indulgences in my opinion.

consolvo

[ Edited ]

I happen to know already that the Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser will be in my stocking this year! Obviously, I haven't sampled it yet, but the reviews are very good and I can't wait!

I'd love to try the whole line...

upload_5834108924132661232.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/ceramic-slip-cleanser-creates-flawless-skin-miniscule-pores-P309310?skuId=141...

Missie772

That is a NICE stocking stuffer! I get stuff like socks, chapstick, toothpaste, hand cream, and maybe a nice lipgloss or mascara and candy/chocolate in my stocking stuffers!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kirstensf
    • hydee77
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • consolvo