Nicrohr

"Super High-End" Beauty Favs? Wish List?

[ Edited ]

Have any 'super' high end beauty favs or wish list items?  I'm looking for inspiration for a birthday (and Xmas) indulgence gift for myself.

I've long been a fan of higher end beauty like Bare Minerals, Nars, Too Faced, etc.  Love them, just don't see them as 'unattainable' any longer and curious what's out there to "save up for."  

I recently tried a Givenchy and a Dior lippy though, and I'm in love -- I feel like they are a step up from my usual stuff!?  I also got a Clarisonic Aria, which I thought was gimmick but turns out I LOVE it (though perhaps that's not really super high end).  

Maybe it's all in my head, but just humor me :smileywink:...

I thought I'd see what people have found to be a serious but worthwhile indulgence :smileyhappy:.  Maybe really luxe product, a specially designed case, a set, a really expensive wish list product...

Do your worst!

SirenPrincess

Re: "Super High-End" Beauty Favs? Wish List?

My immediate response when I saw your title was "Tom Ford!"  But now that I've read all the details ... things I think are really worth it--YSL lippies (both the glossy stain and the glosses), Bobbi Brown eyeshadow palettes, D&G foundation, and Dior mascara.  Oh and a truly high-end perfume, but I'll leave that to your preference :-)

mimibel

[ Edited ]

image.jpgWishlist item: Suqqu cheek brush and 3 ES brushes. Soft as a kitten paw says Lisa Eldridge. *twitch*  and yes, I want the smaller cheek brush... even though I'd like the bigger one for a dedicated slave to pet me to sleep with (but that's another story), when it comes to putting on my makeup, I'm not a fan of big brushes. :/

They are sold out at Selfridges and hard to find elsewhere though it's said Suqqu brushes are made by Chikuhodo. More research is needed before dropping this dime likely sometime next year. I blame Wayne Goss for convincing me that anything rougher will microexfoliate my delicate baby butt cheeks. :smileywink: 

Second wishlist item, waiting for next Guerlain collex: Meteorites. I want a LE box but this current one is warm and I need cooler paler ones. If the spring collex is a bust too, I may get the regular ones in teint rose and a LE later. 

Last item. Ladureé Petals blush. They were out of the petals when I bought the pretty container. I want them. I need them. It's ridiculous. 

*Bonus Item* Crème de La Mer. Likely for Holiday or more likely Valentines Day. 

Nicrohr

Oh yes, if I didn't have an ultra moisturizer that I love, this would have put Creme da la Mer on my list big time :smileyvery-happy:!!!

It might still make it on for Xmas, or something, I had wanted that for a long time - thanks for the reminder.

lol, I love the part about the brushes.

Laduree Petals Blush:  That container looks sooo cool.  I am checking this out now :smileyvery-happy:!

mimibel

image.jpg

Size reference, part of my little haul from earlier this year.

mimibel

image.jpgIf you do like larger brushes, the face brush IS in stock at Selfridges...for a mere £168 plus the £25 shipping, of course...

Which moisturizer do you use, if I may ask? Good enough to put you off from being tempted by Crème La Mer? This made me curious, I must admit. 

Ladureé packaging and containers really appeal to me, I like pretty and functional. Etude House has some pretty dresser items as well in their Etoinette collection...but they aren't quite as posh. 

spoiledbrat

@beautytester and others, the Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion is up there with the Drybar Lemon Drop Brush (DLDB)!  If you have not tried it, it will blow your hair back! You can have a SA make you a sample. You can always email them for a sample. They have a little pouch and a little tube; luck of the draw. It pays for itself in what it will save you with other products, less facials, etc. It makes Exfolikate seem like tap water! :smileywink:

Greyes

HeYyY Spoiledbrat!

I can email a BT Mod and ask for samples? Say I wanted a foundation sample? I could ask for that? 

ChicDabbler

Sephora can't make you samples unless instore, and mods can't mail you samples except for the 3 samples with online purchase.

You can definitely get samples of anything including foundation instore. If you have a specific brand in mind and email them directly, they may even be generous enough to send you samples without purchasing, but it's a hit or miss. =)

spoiledbrat

Greyes - i meant email Dr Brandt - to my knowledge the staff in the store will make you a sample, but i am not aware of that service online - did not mean to confuse anyone :smileyhappy:

Greyes

AH thank you! Ok! I get what you mean! I usually go into Sephora and ask for samples no problem, I just have been super busy that I haven't been able to physically shop at Sephora. I was just hoping that I could get those types of samples through online shopping!

>(8D) Thank you for clearing that up!!!

ChicDabbler

lol, Exfolikate feels so abusive on my skin. I have commitment issues with skincare, but when I found myself unwillingly but repeatedly in front of the Dr.Brandt counter asking for a sample of it, I know it's time to put it on my HG list (instead of asking for samples of it for the 4th time, but it's so expensive!!!! T.T)

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh goodness, Now i need to try the Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion! 

spoiledbrat

yes arielaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you do need to give the Dr. B a whirl! Maybe that could be my next product review post, but i try to recommend budget friendly items. This seems like a splurge, but seriously once you use it you will see such a difference and it will save you money in the long run. One facial or the small tube? I would take the small tube over a facial. The large tube is a better value :smileyhappy:  To everyone that wants to try it but does not want to part with the cash; a) get a sample every place you can including Sephora b) email Dr B for samples; at a minimum you will get 1 or 2 foils and just maybe a baby tube! :smileyhappy:

spoiledbrat

@ Kiki - The sizing is whack - I know what size I am and it is just a number. In HS and college I was a 3, which is now a 0 but with a larger waist. The average woman in America is a 14. Most of my coats are an 8, but if a 10 makes me a fatty than alright with me. Health matters more than size.

I know you are trying to get your kit together and I do hope you get this brush set if it is your hearts desire. Have you explored all the avenues to get a better deal on it?  There has to be a way to get a discount on that set. What brand is it? I looked at the MUFE set and it doesn't seem as special as this brush set IMHO. You know best.

Kiki1517

I have the first set and did get a deal on it. Kandee Johnson on YT had a 50% off code for her bday in July I believe. For $899, I think I need a 70% off code hahaha!

spoiledbrat

My high end beauty fave is not a cosmetic; does that count? Not waiting for Christmas either. I want it ASAP! I ordered the Marina Rinaldi coat that Melissa McCarthy is wearing on the cover of Elle in the teal shade - it is to be here Monday - according to their sizing and the smallest size, a 10 is a plus size! That is ridiculous. Since when is a 10 a plus size? If it is too big I can alter it myself :smileyhappy:  Nonetheless, I am excited cause the color is gorgeous IMO! Hope I can rock it as well as she did :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

I swear clothing is getting smaller all the time (or I am just getting bigger and in denial haha!) I am a size 8/10 and have the hardest time finding things that fit, I can only imagine how hard it is for girls that are bigger than this size because it's quite depressing. I don't feel like a size L should be too small on my frame, but apparently it is. Now I'm craving a milkshake. :smileytongue:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Well, I just pulled the 3 most expensive item from my list:
- Sephora traincase (the pink sparkly one)
- SK-II treatment mask
- Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion

upload_20184063615596715.jpgupload_1900859131177149764.jpgupload_7556419662982167493.jpg

Nicrohr

Okay the Dr. Brandt Microderm is coming up a lot, I am going to have to put that on my loves.

Oh, and you reminded me there are some relatively expensive masks I want to try...

I have also been wanting to try SK-II line, so I may put this on my list!

beethousand

I've been really impressed by Tom Ford's line - the lipsticks are a tad overrated, but the brushes, the blushes, and the eyeshadow quads are amazing.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Where is this line sold? :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kirstensf
    • hydee77
    • spoiledbrat