Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

philosophy purity VEGAN face wash alternative

I'd like to hear some recommendations for a VEGAN face wash that you use that is similar to Philosophy's Purity: not a milk or oil cleanser, not foaming, but somewhere in-between like Purity, that doesn't dry out your skin but still cleanses well. Thank you! 🙂

Re: philosophy purity VEGAN face wash alternative

@lylysaand @veronika23, thanks so much to both of you for an enjoyable and educational convo! So very helpful. 🙂

You're welcome, Kate123! I hope you got a giggle from the vegan police gif (watch the movie if you haven't before, it's a short scene but memorable).

And thank you, Veronika23! You're so sweet!

I did see it a year or so ago and LMAO!

@kate123  thank you as well! You are certainly in good hands with @lylysa. She's awesome!  Hope you'll stick around the forum!

I'll visit as often as I can! 🙂

This is why I'm not the vegan police. 😄 One can get So Very Vegan that one might not want to breathe perchance one inhales a microscopic insect. 😄

As to bees, though, the bee's personal products, so to speak, are honey, beeswax, royal jelly... all the stuff they use to go about their daily lives. Vegans believe that we have no right to take these things from them, basically. I love honey, but agave is a wonderful replacement. And to be honest, when I really think about where honey and other bee products come from -- bee spit, vomit, whatever -- I'm like eew, no thanks. 😄

Just tossing these gifs in from Scott Pilgrim.... 😛

Image result for vegan police gif

Image result for vegan police gif

Hahaha!!! 😄

@kate123  hahaha thanks! I do enjoy learning more about the subject I guess that's why I was asking.  I know you aren't the police but it's nice to talk to a friendly face about it to learn more so thank you 🙂

And it's nice to talk to a friendly face who's not calling me a snowflake or something for being a vegan! 🙂

Aw sorry someone would say such things... I don't get that. On the other hand snowflakes are beautiful and unique so next time you could say thank you... they'd be all confused 😄

Or just take this Xena approach...

Image result for xena delicate flower meme

LOL!

Yes! 😄

It's always well-received when someone comes across as informative and considerate enough to share their side versus someone who just "polices" and judges. The same goes for folks who may not understand a concept a fully, it's better to go in with an open mind and want to gain knowledge versus walking in with a "I'm right, you're wrong, but let me hear it anyway" mindset.

It's a mutual thing. 🙂

Right on @lylysa 🙂

It'd be a whole other story if it was a "I need a vegan face wash because non-vegan face washes are horrible and disgusting and should be wiped off the face of this planet!" or "Why even care if it's vegan or not?", but that doesn't seem to be the tune that folks play much around here (thankfully...except for the trolls *shifty eyes*).

So very true. 🙂

Ooh, here's one I'll get a sample of: FAB's face cleanser (check out Logical Harmony dot net's First Aid Beauty vegan products list). There's a section in the Q&A that directly addresses FAB vs Purity!
http://www.sephora.com/face-cleanser-P248404?skuId=1217710&icid2=products%20grid:p248404

This formula is definitely richer in consistency than the Purity, but it's a wonderfully effective cleanser. 

Also as a side note, Beauty Talk doesn't allow for outside links so you may wish to change up the Logical Harmony URL (change the ".com" to "dot com" at least) to have it remain posted. Otherwise, it may be removed by Moderators and you'll wonder what happened to your post. 🙂

Thanks about the link, I forgot about that!

So you've tried the FAB cleanser? I have a few other of their products and have loved every one so far, so hopefully this will be a good choice for me.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 53 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing