NessaJ313

non-sticky waves

I have slightly wavy hear and want to find a product to help bring out the waves without making my hair crunchy or sticky...I want it to stay soft without frizzing. Any suggestions?

carolang

Re: non-sticky waves

(0) Hearts

My hair is curly-wavy but more wavy-straight right now since its longer and the curls are weighed down - if I want to make the texture a little more even throughout (and even a tad big curlier) I use the Herbal Essences mousse (its for curly hair in a purple bottle). It is awesome! Might be a cheap alternative to try. As it first dries it looks very defined but when it is all the way dry it doesn't look crunchy or anything, and its very soft! I actually will use the mousse then put hair spray on my wet hair and that really helps to keep any flyaways down. As for when my hair is dry, a little bit of pomade is the best thing to tame flyaways (very very little bit rubbed between fingers until any little bits are dissolved). Good luck!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Living Proof is an amazing line to calm frizz regardless of straight, wavy, or curly hair! They don't use heavy ingredients and rely on polyfluroesters to smooth locks rather than rich silicones and waves.

Try to look into lines also designed for curly and wavy hair, that way you're offered a variety of options. Deva Curl, Kinky Kurl, Ouidad, Carol's Daughter (Hair Milk line), Bumble and Bumble, and Redken's Curvaceous are all stellar. My hair is long and wavy and I use Redken's products, their conditioner can be applied as a leave in and the light weight cream formula also acts as a soft styling cream.

janinebt

I second Melissa's suggestion. We actually had a brand training with Living Proof yesterday and got to play with this product. It's amazing! SO lightweight, but with amazing hold.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
melissabt

Hi NessaJ313,

I suggest the Living Proof Amp² Instant Texture Volumizer. Braid of curl sections of the hair and then apply this to the hair for a flexible textured look. It also adds tons of volume!

amp.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/amp-instant-texture-volumizer-P378142

<3 Melissa
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • carolang
    • NessaJ313