annypoo

Your thoughts on Tarte's Pure Maracuja Oil

[ Edited ]

I am thinking of investing in Tarte's Pure Maracuja Oil. I've read reviews saying it made people's skin less oily and softer, but I've also read it helped people's dry skin. What are your thoughts on it?

I have combo skin. I get oily on my nose and forehead, but I have occasional dry patches on my cheeks. Also, how do you sleep with it on without getting oil all over your pillow? How do you apply it?

MarciaBrady

Re: Your thoughts on Tarte's Pure Maracuja Oil

I absolutely love it. It kept me moisturized through the polar vortex and has done wonders for my skin in general. It's slower to soak in that some face oils, but still absorbs quickly enough to not be a problem for sheets and pillows. It's definitely one of my must have products.

Shrewdle

I like it. I've finished two minis that I got from Sephora as samples, and now I am using the huge "collector's edition" bottle I got from the Tarte F&F sale. It doesn't break me out and feels soothing to the skin. I also use it on my eyelids (have dry lids) and also use it to coat my eyelashes to condition them every night after showering/washing my face.

Instead of the "2-3" drops on the bottle, I find myself using more like 4-5 drops for the face/neck, another 1 drop for my eye area/eyelashes and then another 1-2 drops specifically on dry patches and/or on my dry hands. 

I love how it is a natural oil and there are no scents added, which is a huge bonus! I just make sure to put it on at least 30 minutes prior to sleeping. There hasn't really been any rub-off onto my pillow. 

Heatoyos1

I like Tarte maracuja oiil at night, and Boscia Tsubaki oil (bit lighter than maracuja oil) during the day. 

I think that the best way to try Tarte maracuja oil is in their $10 kits (that include the oil and small maracuja C-brightener eye cream.) One version was called Bright by Night (released in spring 2014), and another was called The Bright Time (I bought a couple in the Sephora Black Friday sale.) 

They can be found on Ebay, but I would wait until a version of these mini kits is released again. They are a great introduction to both products, and the packaging is adorable!

melanito

i've used maracuja for a year or so now and it's amazing. i was using josie's then health food store argan oil for a number of years.  I gave the maracuja a try when I got a tarte set and it made my skin blemish free and amazing looking. argan oil improved my skin appearance greatly but still made me break out some..(but overall improved my acne).  I found the maracuja is amazing if you have acne prone skin compared to the argan oil, which is a bit heavier. It really calms down and reduces pimples.

I'm using tarte's again now. i was using the garden of wisdom one that used to be super comparable and was 20 for 4 oz! but they recently had to find a new supplier and I find the new versions are heavier and have made me break out and really smelled awful. i added some ylang ylang to counteract the smell and it smelled lovely but it made me break out with biggie pimples, which for me defeats the purpose of using it.  i guess the deodorization process that tarte is and GOW's old supplier was using not only removes odor but also makes the oil lighter/more absorbable (the non-deodorized versions are a bright yellow while the deodorized ones are basically clear). If anyone knows a good alternative for tarte's that's deodorized please let me know. garden of wisdom is working hard to find a deodorized version again and has kindly been sending me the latest versions..so if they ever get the deodorized version back I highly recommend them.

Do try tartes first because as I said if you get the non-deodorized versions they are heavier and might not work the same.

trishalyn

I've been using it for about 6 months now and it absolutely works for me. It has high vitamin c content so if brightened up my skin tone which is what I was looking for. I've used boscia tsubaki oil and Josie maran but  it felt like they were not being absorbed into my skin.

Brie514

I find it helps enormously with dryness. I combine mine with natural raw honey in the winter and apply it by itself  over my serums in the humid months.

I haven't found anything better to help with the havoc Canadian winter causes. 

carrierose

Maybe I'm not allowed to say this, but your better off finding whatever 100% pure oil your looking for on Amazon or another site.  For example, Josie Maran slaps her name on Argan Oil and the price goes up from approximately $26 for 2 ounces to $48 for 1.7 ounces.  For the same responsibly sourced, organic argan oil.

HarlemJPN

I use 4-5 drops and use it on face, neck, décolleté. You just smooth it on and then pat it in. Don't rub it in -- pat it, smooth it. Your skin will absorb it and take it. Your are merely smoothing it on to ensure that you evenly apply it across your skin.

My skin absorbs it just beautifully. It is lovely, and it hasn't caused me breakouts. The largest size of it is on a bananas sale right now @ Sephora. Good opportunity to try now!

annypoo

That's why I'm considering it. Who can resist a sale?! :smileyhappy:

HarlemJPN

(0) Hearts

Not me! When I buy something on sale and my partner looks at me with that look, I just tell him how much I saved, not how much I spent. :-)

TheSocialQuota

Agree with redwagon, a few drops on the fingertips and patting onto your face (or the lightest of swipes across broad areas of your face). I think the skin best receives oil after cleansing, mine sucks it up after a shower or lightly cleaning my face. Any other time is a waste because it will transfer. See if makes a difference with your pillows. :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

[ Edited ]

I tried it and didn't find it as moisturizing as the josie maran one. I like to apply it an hour before i go to bed to make sure it's fully absorbed

annypoo

(0) Hearts

are you referring to the josie maran 100% argan oil?

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

yes

blackunicorn

I love it too! I use it at night and it brighten my complexion.

redwagon44

[ Edited ]

I really like that oil. I apply it at night occasionally, and find that it helps my face stay less greasy the next day.

You only need about three drops of it. I put it on my finger tips, pat them together, and then lightly pat all over my face. If you try to rub the drops into your skin, you will apply way too much. Patting the oil on helps it go on lightly so it finishes like a moisturizer (no worries of staining your pillow case that way!)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • melanito
    • carrierose
    • aviscardi
    • Heatoyos1
    • trishalyn
    • annypoo