drrragon

Your favorite blotting papers?

Just wondering what everyone's favorite blotting sheets are, and why.

Oily skin is very new to me so I never had any use for blotting sheets until just a few months ago.  So far I've tried Palladio Rice Paper and e.l.f. blotting sheets.  I love the Palladio because each sheet is pretty sturdy, large, and has a bit of powder.  The e.l.f. is very flimsy in comparison and probably doesn't soak up as much oil.

Would love to hear which blotting papers others use and what you like about them!

LCResz

Re: Your favorite blotting papers?

(0) Hearts

Bobbi Brown blotting papers. I purchased the carrying case too. My friends love to ask me for sheets, they really are high performing. 

Candy357

(0) Hearts

Neutrogena one's or uh Kleenex (blushes)

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

inexpensive CVS ones :smileyhappy:

polishlover10

Haha I'm definitely the cheapo that hoards napkins in my backpack to use when I want. Subway gives me so many napkins, and they're sturdy and cover the whole face. Free, too!

aviscardi

Ok i bought the boscia linens in green tea about a month ago and LOVE them. I saw theres a trio with 1 original, 1 green tea and a case. and some were talking about different scents like vanilla.... are these LE? brought out throughout the year, there was also a peppermint one

aviscardi

[ Edited ]

Ive only just started using them a few months back. I don't always use them daily, more so when i feel hot and towards the warmer months. i use the Clean & Clear ones as well

I actually thought about trying different ones since mine are running low. but i want to see it on the sheet when i use it lol, and i don't think the "linens do that". Plus the clean and clear are 50 for $6-7 so i want the best bang for my buck.

1Emily

I love the Clean & Clear ones! They're cheap and SO effective! I love that you can see all the oil come off so there's no doubt you got all of it. :smileyhappy:

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

I have heard that about the toilet seat covers.. Does that give anyone an urge to cut it up in a bunch of squares to take to and from? lol >.<

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I love Shiseido Pureness blotting papers. They're a bit pricey but have done the trick for me when needed.

beautylovingirl

I use the Clean and Clear oil blotting sheets. I used a lot of other ones and found that these work just as well.

leahleanna

Oh goodness, I got totally hooked on blotting papers ages ago when I received a set from Mary Kay as a gift.  So convenient and easy...love! I buy the ELF ones now, based solely on the price and purpose...I can't justify shelling out more for the equivalent of a scrap of paper towel. 

rainbow781

I actually read somewhere that the toilet seat covers will work as blotting papers. Not sure if it actually works, but since we are raiding public restrooms anyway.....

AlwaysGlamorous

They do work!! I do this in a pinch at concerts, bars, etc! Blotting papers still work better though because I notice my foundation coming off on the seat covers but never on my Boscia Blotting Linens. 

drrragon

LOL @ toilet paper!  I, too, have used it on occasion (like beautytester said, you gotta go there sometime, LOL) and was secretly wondering why people didn't just do that rather than carry blotting papers around everywhere.

It sounds gross but I sorta like the way I can actually see the oil soaked up by the blotting paper, there's something satisfying about it!  And, it seems more grown-up to pull out a small slim case of blotting papers rather than putting toilet paper on my face!  Functionality-wise I think toilet paper works pretty well though. :smileyvery-happy:

ChicDabbler

Actually in many Asian countries they don't provide toilet papers for public restrooms, so when you are travelling, you have to carry TP anyways. I like the TP brand with the bear on it, you can separate the ply, and sometimes if I spot a dry/flaky patch when wearing powder, I run a little water on the paper and press on the spot. =X. And of course you can use it to do minor make up clean up etc etc.

makeupobesessed

So true, when I went to China, I had to carry a roll around with me, and use the hole in the ground....which I refused to do most of the time, but I had a few emergencies where I had to break down and do it.

crayzeeRN

Hahaha, not gonna lie drrragon, I do this all the time. Don't have room in my scrub pockets for blotting papers! I do find blotting paper to work better though- I don't see foundation come off on them, but I do see small amounts of foundation come off on the toilet paper.

drrragon

kenny said the same about the TP picking up foundation!  Whew!  I'm glad you guys mentioned that.  There had to be SOME reason for me to use fancy grownup blotting papers (and incidentally buy more stuff from Sephora)!

crayzeeRN

#enable.

drrragon

[ Edited ]

hahahaha!  even for something as humble as blotting paper, ohhh we love enablement here!  although you guys could probably get me to buy even toilet paper if you told me a particular brand was great for blotting, lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • polishlover10
    • aviscardi
    • melissabt
    • drrragon