drrragon

Your favorite blotting papers?

Just wondering what everyone's favorite blotting sheets are, and why.

Oily skin is very new to me so I never had any use for blotting sheets until just a few months ago.  So far I've tried Palladio Rice Paper and e.l.f. blotting sheets.  I love the Palladio because each sheet is pretty sturdy, large, and has a bit of powder.  The e.l.f. is very flimsy in comparison and probably doesn't soak up as much oil.

Would love to hear which blotting papers others use and what you like about them!

kenny

Re: Your favorite blotting papers?

lol, it makes me feel a little better that other people do this too. Yes, it is much more glamorous to use actual blotting papers (especially Boscia's holiday peppermint ones). Usually cheaper 1-ply toilet paper does better at blotting without picking up makeup... :smileyhappy:

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

Holiday mint sounds so good, I mustve missed these...mine are the just plain.

drrragon

omg kenny are you testing to see if i actually buy the toilet paper??  hahahaha

kenny

maybe... Just noting my personal observations :smileyhappy: While not the most preferable in terms of its intended use, it works best!

kenny

*best in terms of using tp not compared to blotting papers!

crayzeeRN

Somehow I forsee some of BT checking different public bathrooms to see which ones have one-ply TP...

ChicDabbler

Lol, too bad April fool's day is past. I'm very tempted to do a TP blotting paper comparison post. =P

kenny

lol..... no buys...

crayzeeRN

@beautytester 

Oh. My. Gosh. PLEASE DO hahahaha

drrragon

(0) Hearts

YES!!!  @beautytester please please pleeeeeease do the toilet paper comparison post!!!!  Or maybe we could do a TP blotting challenge and rate various TPs from home, office, schools, etc. LOL!

ChicDabbler

Hahahahahaha. Oh you guys. Ok, give me a couple weeks to figure out the details and supplies. Unlike skincare, I don't actually collect TP, you know.

kenny

I like Boscia's, it soaks up oil without smuding or removing makeup. But if I don't have any on me, toilet paper really does work in a bind, although it does pickup some of your foundation or such.

katie1724

I always liked the Sephora brand blotting papers -- I used to use the rubbery blue ones, but it seems they have changed, and I haven not tried the new version(s). I don't use any now (though I should!) -- I just dust powder across my t-zone.

ChicDabbler

Usually Benefit POREfessional last me through the day, but as for blotting papers....

toilet paper. =X. mostly because I never remember to bring blotting paper with me, and I gotta go there at some point, and it works.

Otherwise I've only used Boscia, which is good enough for my oily T-zone. 

melissabt

My favorite are the Shiseido Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Papers. It has a tiny bit of power too, which is nice.

http://www.sephora.com/pureness-oil-control-blotting-paper-P173647?skuId=622613

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • polishlover10
    • aviscardi