emmaclaire

Your REVOLUTIONARY products?

So I've been on a serious Sephora bender this past month or two, and in that time (and those hundreds of dollars... eep) I've stumbled onto two products that have seriously changed my skin for the better!  I've always had good skin, but as I've gotten older it's been getting worse (wtf I thought it was supposed to do the opposite)!  I now have fairly oily combo skin and get serious blackheads, dullness, and roughness regularly.  HOWEVER, I went out on a limb and got Soap & Glory's "Greatest Scrub of All" and the Glamglow Supermud... WOW.  My skin has absolutely never looked better!  

I just did the supermud mask to test it out, and it seriously demolished ALL of my icky blackheads on my nose and chin, zapped the small red blemishes on my cheek, and normalized the oil on my face.  I'm still in shock!  The Soap & Glory scrub not only feels amazing (not too abrasive that my skin hurts but a satisfyingly scrubby and polishing texture) but made my skin just glow - and it's SOOOOO smooth and soft!  The Glamglow was expensive enough to make me cringe, but it seems like it'll be worth every penny, and the Soap & Glory scrub was so reasonable!

So what are your REVOLUTIONARY products?  They can be anything - skincare, fragrance, cosmetics... or anything in between!

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: Your REVOLUTIONARY products?

(0) Hearts

Oh nice i will have to check out that Soap and Glory scrub! Most of my skincare works together and i can't single out a single product that does wonders except for the OH Truth serum! I love this. Hydrating, helps with my acne scars and smellls AMAZING!

Kathleen86

(0) Hearts

Clarins Bright Plus HP Gentle Renewing Brightening Peel (shwew such a long name!)...Sephora doesn't carry this but it carries the rest of the line. It's indicated for 2x/week but I've been using it morning/night as a toner (I can use this on my neck even without sensitivity). It is slightly sticky for day but actually looks kind of glowy under makeup. My pores are a lot clearer since adding this in. Skin is definitely brighter.

For makeup, Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer..I had this sample sitting in my drawer forever since in general I am not that enamored with primers. I tried it and it evens out the skin quite a bit even without makeup! Went out the next day and got the full size.  

jinxski

Woah, that sounds so wonderful! I need to go check those products out soon, haha

I think the moment I tried Asian sunscreens [Biore, Shiseido, etc] I knew I wasn't going to go back to the traditional oily ones. They're gel-like and stay put all day, without clogging my pores or messing up my makeup. Definitely revolutionary! :smileyhappy:

emmaclaire

Holy moly, that sounds fabulous!  I'm adding the Shiseido sunscreen to my loves as well haha!  Definitely get a sample of the Glamglow at least, it's expensive but it really truly works miracles.

jinxski

(0) Hearts

It seriously is! If you go for the Shiseido try the Anessa line, it dries matte and is so thin and easy to apply.

Next time I head into Sephora, I'll be sure to grab a sample :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

I LOVE Asian beauty products period. Hello, cute packaging! :smileyhappy:

12BPretty

I LOVE Sephora's 8 hour mattifying moisturizing sunscreen!  Searched for a long time to find a moisturizer that feel too heavy or make my face feel greasy.  I had entirely given up on finding one with sunscreen even though I already have sun damage and know how important sunscreen is I could not STAND how it felt.  This product changed all of that for me and all for only $22!

http://www.sephora.com/8-hr-mattifying-moisturizer-sunscreen-P378257?skuId=1433747#BVRRWidgetID

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Oooh, this is such a good recommendation, I think I'm going to add this to my loves and pick some up!  I wear a ton of sunscreen but I hate how greasy they can be, especially because my skin is already fairly oily!

wendyomgwar

WOAH! I'll have to try the Glamglow, blackheads are my weakness! Seriously those buggers arrg I'll probably get an instore sample before I buy the full size. And Bobbi Brown's Hydrating eye cream is so good to me! Also love my Clarasonic Mia I remember the first time I used it! My skin had never felt cleaner, it also makes taking off  makeup such a breeze! Which reminds me! The CoverFX makeup foam remover is really good too!

emmaclaire

Yes!!!  You should definitely get a sample in the store, that's what I did as well.  I was SO skeptical because I've tried a bunch of products (from Biore to the pore vacuum cream, etc.) and nothing REALLY worked.  I put Glamglow on for a few minutes and my blackheads were almost 100% GONE and my pores were nearly invisible - it was INSANE!  I'm sure if I left it on for longer it would be even more effective, I just freaked out because it felt like it was  making my face super tight and I didn't want to dry out my skin (which I didn't at all, and the instructions say you can leave the mask on for as long as 20 minutes - I only got through about 7 LOL).  I'm obsessed!  I had the absolute worst blackheads and huge pores on my nose and chin, it was pretty yucky!

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Oh man! I'm so excited to try it now! I seriously have the same problem! My blackheads on my nose won't go away no matter what, i'm so ready to get rid of these bad boys haha.

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

Fresh lip treatment and Gucci rush perfume.

kd006

(0) Hearts

My two products that seriously have made a WORLD of difference on my skin are my perricone md blue plasma, which i've talked about a million times, but I seriously can't rave about it enough, and Murads Post-Acne Spot Lightening gel. It seriously has helped me so much with not only my acne scarring, but also hyperpigmentation. It just feels like alcohol going on your face, which I know sounds scary, but I seriously love it. My face feels so clean and you can definitely tell it is doing something to your face! Amazing products.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Dior One Step Essential Serum has eliminated so many steps in my routine, ie moisturizer, toner, serum! If that scrub smells like all the other Soap & Glory product, you can bet I'll be picking one up! :smileyhappy:

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

It does!  I love that smell, isn't it just so fresh and wonderful?!  I was trying to think of how to describe it, and the closest I could get was some sort of lovely mixture of mint, savory herb (maybe rosemary??), and citrus.  Someone in a review said it smells like grass lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • poshified
    • 12BPretty
    • jinxski