Would you buy Limited Edition makup packaging?

mafan

Would you buy Limited Edition makup packaging?

I see Lancome has some new limited packaging out for mascara and eyeshadow.  This is the picture from email that I got, which only shows mascara:

mascara.jpg

but you can see here that there is eyeshadow, too: http://www.sephora.com/lancome

Personally I can't see worrying about limited edition mascara.  You shouldn't keep it for a very long time, and it's not like it's a limited edition formula.  It's also not something that I would end up displaying somewhere.  Maybe the shadows would be different, since for me a shadow palette would last longer and the colors/combo might be limited as well.

I know this sounds funny from someone who has all 3 big Disney palettes, but I can see there that even if you used up the shadows you would still have the packaging.  (I will say that I like the Disney style much more than this Lancome style, too.)

For me, a special edition perfume bottle would be different -- I have enough that bottles stay around a while and even empty ones would be pretty to display.  I just can't get my head around a limited edition mascara unless I liked the brand and/or needed a new mascara anyway.

So, would you buy mascara because it was in limited edition packaging?

lolo01

Re: Would you buy Limited Edition makup packaging?

Totally agree personally wouldn't spend on a "limited edition" máscara. .. I did splurge on the Ariel palette and cant wait for the rest of collection she is my fav princess. Eyeshadows and mascaras just seem on two totally different levels to me :smileyhappy:

miabt

I have to admit that I'm a sucker for packaging!  If its something that I love, I will sometimes get a few different items from a collections (ie blush/bronzer, lip gloss, lipstick, etc) but usually, I'll just splurge on one item from the collection just to "have it".  Silly, I know :smileytongue:

xo, Mia

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I wouldn't buy mascara because it was in limited edition packaging- but if I was looking for one of those mascaras, I'd pick up the fun tube if there's no price difference.  Why not have something fun to look at for a couple of months?

mafan

Oh, I agree, if I was looking for it anyway, it's always nice to have something fun to look at.  Especially if it's the same price.  I just don't see mascara as the best place to put your special packaging, I guess. :smileyhappy:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

How about the MAC Archie's Girls eyeliners? You literally sharpen away the cute hearts.  Plus, they're $1.50 more than the normal pencils, same shades.

drrragon

Well I was soooooo tempted to buy the Jasmine mini eyeshadow palette JUST for the adorable packaging....but special mascara packaging just doesn't give off the same vibe.  For compact mirrors or eyeshadow palettes, they can be keepsakes forever.  But like you said above, mascara is just something that gets thrown out eventually and doesn't seem particularly special.

Spyski

[ Edited ]

I agree mafan!

What's the point in having limited edition mascara tubes when most likely you're gonna throw em away anyway? I mean, I understand the marketing concept of this, trying to get people to buy something just because it's labeled "limited edition" and inspired from a fashion designer...but it's still not a cute mirror (something you can re-use) or a perfume bottle (something that will look pretty on the vanity) or even a palette (which usually consists of limited edition colors). These mascaras are plastic tubes, and are actually kinda ugly IMO and they of course cost more than the originals. 

Unless you're a die hard Alber Elbaz fan (which I don't even know whom he is honestly) then I can see why you would want one of these. lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 31 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • drrragon
    • consolvo
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan