vanityprincess

Why would anyone wear black lipstick

I understand for the purpose of catwalks and Edgy fashion modeling, and halloween, but I can't find a good reason why any women would wear it out. Multiple studies show that men think red lipstick is okay but find it to be a turn off because it makes a woman look less "kissable." So imagine how a deep satin black is going to make them feel. I just don't understand, you shouldn't wear it. It's not flattering and if we are in highschool it sreams "trying to hard" I feel like bright red lipstick is only barley acceptable for highschool, because it will only look non-sultry if the rest of your makeup is toned down.

Panda168

Re: Why would anyone wear black lipstick

Did anyone else noticed that this was originally posted back in 2011? lol

tuesdayninja

I love the look of black lipstick and I quite enjoy a dark bold lip! I really couldn't care less if it meant guys found me "less kissable" because I don't wear makeup for them anyways! I wear it to look better for myself!

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

I love dark lipstick! I recently wanted to try an almost black or dark purple lipstick that is matte but I don't know where to find a  good inexpensive,cruelty-free one.

DrProducts

(0) Hearts

The original poster shouldn't wear black lipstick, but someone with a different aesthetic can. To each her own. I'm not that goth, but I've done it, and my hubby is ok with it. As a matter of fact, I've decided to get green lipstick as well. Yolo!

MsStacey1990

I like blacklipstick, not something i would wear everyday! but for halloween, parties, events! etc etc I did a look with black lipstick :smileyvery-happy: and people loved it.. 

MintShake

To me..black lipstick reminds me of decaying flesh x_x 

emmaclaire

That's helpful to this discussion.

Honestly though, look at the comments here.  Look at all the people saying they love black lipstick.  Look at all the people saying they wear black lipstick.  Your comment is a slap in all of their faces.  I'm sure they don't care because they are confident enough not to listen to such small-minded nonsense, but really?! You could just have easily as said it wasn't your preference or you don't like such a dark lip color.

calamityjane85

She is the black sheep.

*Har har - snort*

kenny

[ Edited ]

That's right, I forgot "bold lips don't look good on anyone". Thanks for your input!

quotidianus

[ Edited ]

I know, it's great!  The Fantasia on Decaying Flesh look is terribly au courant, and the thing for fall 2014!  Get out your black lippies, girls!

glam zombie.jpg

comfyrock

Ooh, so very Corpse Bride (exaggerated features, not the blue tones)!  I love Tim Burton.

jozkid

It would be one heck of a ride to live in Tim Burton's brain for a day!

itscarin

I've never had or seen decaying flesh, so I wouldn't know.  LOL

comfyrock

[ Edited ]

Black isn't usually a dominant tone in decomposition, as far as I recall.  Lots of other colors, unless you're talking necrosis or frost bite.  I could be misremembering.

LindenAnn

Nope, you're right. Decomposition is more blue/green/brown and gross yellowish white.

Frostbite and necrosis are blackish at certain points, but that's from the oxidizing hemoglobin in blood and the color goes away after it breaks down.

comfyrock

Thanks, Linden!  We focus on early stages for safety training.  They usually include pics of the latter stages just for gross-out effect.

LindenAnn

Just be glad they can't include smell for the gross out effect! :smileyvery-happy:

nebel

I once ordered a compound for my doctoral research which I later found out had the common name "putrescene" because it is the diamine compound given off by decaying flesh.

I just needed the molecule for its structure, but I wound up not using much of it because it was rather stinky....

jozkid

Perhaps this wasn't the right part of the thread to read right before lunch. :smileyvery-happy:

calamityjane85

Lol I was about to post that. Really not sitting well with the steak and rice. Nope not at all. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 109 replies
  • 476 hearts
  • 63 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • vanityprincess
    • itscarin
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe