vanityprincess

Why would anyone wear black lipstick

I understand for the purpose of catwalks and Edgy fashion modeling, and halloween, but I can't find a good reason why any women would wear it out. Multiple studies show that men think red lipstick is okay but find it to be a turn off because it makes a woman look less "kissable." So imagine how a deep satin black is going to make them feel. I just don't understand, you shouldn't wear it. It's not flattering and if we are in highschool it sreams "trying to hard" I feel like bright red lipstick is only barley acceptable for highschool, because it will only look non-sultry if the rest of your makeup is toned down.

SDdenm

Re: Why would anyone wear black lipstick

LOL!!! 

chelsd

[ Edited ]

Self expression is a beautiful thing. No external approval required.

FireSpinner

Two words. Just. Because. 

It's like asking why I ride a motorcycle or spin fire lol

Panda168

[ Edited ]

Why would anyone wear shorts and Ugg boots?

.... Personal preference.

I don't think women are wearing black lipstick to necessarily attract men. I think people wear black, or any color lipstick, because they want to. Personally, I want to pick up that blue lipstick from meltcosmetics... freaking beautiful if you ask me, but if you ask my boyfriend he'd say that it looks like I was freezing to death. It's not healthy to live your life mainly based on what studies show as being acceptable or what anyone else deems acceptable either. If I did that, I wouldn't have done A LOT of things that I have done in my life. 

dollface131313

i love that melt color so much! i have seen it looking amazing on so many girls but not sure if i could rock it 

i'm going to choose to avoid responding to the original post here since it made me kinda angry lol

if you get the blue post pics!

Panda168

(0) Hearts

I think it's out of stock right now. I checked last night. 

Smart to ignore it :smileyhappy:.

YouAreAlways

Why is on the catwalk any different than every day? I hate that some thigns are okay in once place but not the other. Unless its like a bar or something.. 

AlwaysGlamorous

[ Edited ]

Well sorry I'm not sorry that wearing red lipstick is how I get that extra pep in my step. Sorry I'm not sorry that it makes me feel more confident. Sorry I'm not sorry that I couldn't care less if a man thinks my lips look "kissable" or that I'm "trying too hard". We all know I'm wearing it for the other ladies of the world anyways! 

Edited to add: If black lipstick is to someone as red lipstick is to me, by all means sister, wear it, live it, love it. 

YouAreAlways

Sing it!

ghkim

multiple studies show that men like it when women wear nothing at all, ie buck naked. soooo . . . . good luck with that.

JustACostume

Honestly I wear lipstick because it's fun, do I care what guys think? Not at all my makeup is for me, I did not spend $20 on this lipstick for a guy. I like having my lips match my hair, my hair is pink and blue, I like looking like cotton candy exploded all over me. It's what I find fun and if it makes guys think I'm "less attractive" than good they can stay away, it's like natural selection except with social situations.

karma3p80

In your original post you say "I just don't understand, you shouldn't wear it." Personally, I don't feel the need to understand someone else's makeup choices, or decide what is acceptable or not. I do feel the need to accept people for who they are and be grateful that not everyone is the same. What a boring world we would live in if we were all the same, if there wasn't any "black lipstick"!

1SultrySCENTNut

I think people wear Black Lipstick simpy because it is their choice of coor and style. I have seen many younger people, women and men, wear it as well as older people for promotional photo shoots and stage make up. I even have met some women in the 30-55 age group who wear back lipstich when their nails are painted black and they are wearing their favorite little back dress to go out.Some people woud say the same thing about us wearing the color PINK. ( yes, I know it sounds crazy, but because the lifestyle they choose, they would think that wearing a Pink Lipstick is Revolting and Unattractive )

I would not wear Black Lipstick, but that is my choice and style and I have always accepted the fact that  no ones style is better than anothers because everyone thinks differently.

Just adding my 2 cents on this topic and what I wrote is NOT to offend, but to DEFEND everyone who has a style " outside the box " or is very UNIQUE.    :smileywink:

emmaclaire

Well said, and I think your point about some people hating pink lipstick is spot on - just because something is mainstream doesn't mean it's universally loved (like pink lipstick) and just because something is unusual doesn't mean it's universally terrible (like black lipstick)!

IttyxBittyxMe

29706FBB-DA1B-46AD-87DE-BCF9C66FD8A3.PNGBecause I look good in it? Do I really need any other reason? My boyfriend hates makeup in general though somedays I manage to put on something he likes. Regardless of such I don't get dressed to impress him (all depending on the occasion anyway) and I most definitely don't put on makeup to look good for him. Everything I do I do for me.

IAmLadyLiterary

I love your skin, seriously, you could rock neon green lipstick going to the grocery store, you can pull off anything!

ShinyMagpie

Gorgeous!

Panda168

I really like this on you, especially with the eye look you have :smileyhappy:

AlwaysGlamorous

I agree with other BTers-- The range of shades you can wear is beyond! :smileyhappy: 

JayReed

I am SO jealous! I love dark colors, but I haven't found a way to "pull them off."

ghkim

those lips, those eyes, that skin! you look amazing!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 109 replies
  • 476 hearts
  • 63 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • vanityprincess
    • itscarin
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe