cabarsc

When can we expect the sun safety kit to be released for 2014?

kbmatthews

Re: When can we expect the sun safety kit to be released for 2014?

It's also available to Canadians!! Just placed an order to ensure it was true! :smileyhappy:

shoeaholic

(0) Hearts

Yay it's finally available online!  I skipped the 2013 kit last year, so I definitely need to restock my spf supply! This kit looks very usable, even without a Tarte or bareminerals brush.  Happy that Rouge members get first dibs, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed there will be enough for everyone!  Enjoy the sun, everyone!

Heatoyos1

So, I was looking at product info for last year's Sun Safety kit 2013... 

Oh man, it was $30 for 19 products (including a mini Bare Minerals brush), instead of $32 for 16 products. 

Plus last year's kit had less tanning products--which is good, at least for me, because I don't use them. 

I shouldn't have looked at last year's!! :smileytongue:

DTalksAll

and there's so many repeats this year. Why can't they get new items? :smileysad: 

jojobe

Was hoping this would come out before Mother's Day like previous years, but this year mom will be getting something different. This has been her gift for the past 4 years. I love these kits and always find something great.Plus I love the mini Fresh lib balm.

DTalksAll

Remember when they used to come out late March/early April?

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

The 2012 Sun Safety kit looked pretty awesome, too. :smileysad: I can understand why it would become a tradition to get your mom one every year. 

I'm bummed that they release them so late now. In Socal, we pretty much did not have much of a winter or spring. On Christmas day, the weather was in the 80's, and people were sweating.  

Heatoyos1

Awww, I hope that your mom isn't too disappointed that she'll be getting something different. Traditions are nice. 

Heatoyos1

I just bought my $32 Sun Safety kit today! I had called beforehand to make sure that they carried them, but I had to ask for it when I came in because they had them in the back. The SA says that they won't be putting them out until next week.

The burlap bag looks like the same one with pink sun rays as the SiJCP Sun Safety kit for $27. The $45 Summer Crushes Favorites set is also packaged similarly in a burlap bag but with golden sun rays. 

I considered getting the SiJCP one, but for $5 more, you get 16 products instead of 11. I wasn't interested in the $45 set, plus they do not donate money to the Skin Cancer Foundation. 

I was so tempted to buy a second $32 set, but want to leave some for others. 

Heatoyos1

I'm taking my mom to Disneyland tomorrow for an early Mother's Day celebration, so this is just what I needed!

LariTheLoud

What the heck! I was at Sephora yesterday and specifically asked about this, and they said 'oh we have it in the back but we're not allowed to put it on the floor yet.'

Argh.

meagboho

(0) Hearts

That's so strange...its like the SiJP sales that half the sales associates werent told about...

knuevekm

(0) Hearts

I have two free standing Sephora's in town. I called one and they said they didn't have it (not even in the back) and I called the other and they had them out on the floor already. inconsistency is frustrating!

So, If you have more than one Sephora in town, call around! 

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

I hate the inconsistency, but it's nice that you have two free-standing Sephoras in the same town! :smileywink: 

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

I wonder if you could have spoken to a manager? That would be very frustrating. 

I called first to make sure that they had it, so if a SA told me "No" when I got to the store, then I would have definitely mentioned the phone call, and spoken to a manager if that didn't work. I drove there specifically because they said it was in stock. 

Maybe they are really not supposed to sell even the ones in the back, and they are sticklers for the rules? I guess it varies store to store, or even SA to SA?

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

I guess so. :smileysad: I suppose I could have questioned a little bit or asked them to pull it out of the back, but... sigh.

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

I know what you mean, I hate making waves, too. So I wandered all around the store looking for it, before I finally asked a SA. :/

Heatoyos1

So the difference between the $32 kit versus the $27 kit, is that the $32 kit has the same products as the $27 kit, but also has these extra five products: Clarins sunscreen, Dr. Dennis Gross Glow Pad, Dr. Dennis Gross Glow Moisture, Fresh mini lip treatment and Origins Green Tea moisturizer. 

The mini Fresh lip treatment cost $5 when it came in the holiday gift card holder, so that's the $5 difference just right there.

Also, I believe that all of the sizes are the same, except with the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. I believe that the $32 kit has a 0.15 oz. one, and the $27 kit has a 0.03 oz. one. 

I hope this helps someone to better choose between the two kits!

knuevekm

I totally agree with everything this Heatoyos1 said. I went through the same thought process when I was deciding which kit to buy.

Heatoyos1

I guess great minds think alike? :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 116 replies
  • 138 hearts
  • 51 in conversation
    • mflshopper
    • DTalksAll
    • shyvicki
    • hydee77
    • jen81