Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What's a good eye cream for dark circles?

I have dark circles under my eyes that need to go away. I'm not sure why I have them since I get enough sleep and none of my family members have intense dark circles.

What eye cream(s) would you recommend? I'm 23 and I don't have wrinkles nor puffy bags under my eyes. I just need something for the dark circles. Any help is appreciated!!

Re: What's a good eye cream for dark circles?

Hi @chrissysays

Based on your concerns, I'd recommend Shiseido
White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream, Benefit Cosmetics It’s Potent! Eye Cream, or Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel. 

These are all great eye creams that address dark circles and are going to provide hydration to that area. 

The Biossance Eye Gel is out of stock, but we should be getting some soon! I've heard that squalane is supposed to be like the next argan oil or coconut oil. (; 

XOXO,
Marieke

Re: What's a good eye cream for dark circles?

Hi, chrissysays!

Dark circles have be attributed to so many factors that extend outside of sleep cycles and genetics. For example, allergies, merely having skin that is thinner along the undereye region, or even being too rough with the skin along the region when rubbing your eyes or removing your eye makeup can all contribute to dark circles appearing more prominent. 

Vitamin C is a quick aspect to key into for a gentle, brightening eye cream as vitamin C serves as an anti-oxidant to help prevent free radical damage (to ward off signs of pre-mature aging likes fine lines/wrinkles and even pigmentation damage) and maintain cellular integrity of skin by supporting collagen production (thus making skin more resilient and not as thin). 

Caffeine is another ingredient to keep an eye out for. It serves as a diuretic which aids in flushing excess fluid build up from the skin (thus firming and tightening to give a smoother appearance and texture) while also constricting blood vessels so the coursing flow of blood along the undereye region appears more diminished. 

Vitamin K, while not as commonly seen in products, aids in the repair of leaky or damaged capillaries which when in poor condition can leech excess blood and thus cause dark circles to appear even darker.

Tarte's Maracuja Eye Cream is packed with vitamin C from the incorproation of passion fruit extract, Benefit's It's Potent Eye Cream incorporates vitamin C and anti-oxidant packed apple extract to brighten along with peptides to strengthen skin, and First Aid Beauty's Eye Duty Remedy is a caffine boosted treatement with a subtle tint to illuminate tired undereyes while brightening with licorice extract.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing