ChicDabbler

What is your most expensive but worth every penny products?

[ Edited ]

I'm a couple hundreds away from Rouge, so I'm just gonna cover my eyes, block my ears, ignore my bank account and RUN for it! And make spending less my New Year resolution/challenge for 2014.

In that spirit, I would like to know what's the most expensive item you have that is worth every penny and why? fancy makeup? skincare made of gold?

On another note I have several of everything except.....hydrating mask and toner. So, what's your favorite hydrating mask? I know there's Fresh Rose, PTR cucumber, OH blue/blackberry....anything else? your favorite?

jenpred

Re: What is your most expensive but worth every penny products?

(0) Hearts

Ooooooh THANK YOU!! I've had milia for a few years now, and am so over it! I will definitely be looking into this! May I asked where you purchased yours from?

rdesigns

[ Edited ]

I purchased it from a spa that I went to, but I know that Skin1 online carries it (and if you get on their mailing list you can get discounts). The bottle is rather large, and you do not have to use very much of it, so I expect that it will probably last about a year. 

The nice thing about it is it only takes 5 minutes a week to exfoliate.  You just put it on, let it sit for 5 minutes, and then take it off.  Really easy!  I follow it with their Raspberry Eye Masque, and I am really pleased with the results :smileyhappy:

yhst-136819546654763_2268_737437670.jpg

daisydaisies

I love Eminence products. Great quality, and I agree that the eye products last a long time. I haven't tried this masque, though - I will have to go and see if my local Eminence dealer has it!

jenpred

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yeah, this product sounds amazing! I'm thinking it will also help hydrate - I never thought to exfoliate the eye area! I just emailed the company, hopefully they can send me a sample! Fingers crossed!! Thank you for the recommendation :smileyhappy:

rdesigns

I never used to exfoliate my eye area because most exfoliants are much too harsh and damaging to the delicate skin around the eyes, but the eye area can benefit from a gentle exfoliation!  This product is gentle enough to not damage the fragile skin around your eyes (I have even used it on the top lid as well).  If you cannot get the company to send you a sample, some websites sell the sample or "travel" sizes of Eminence products, so you might want to search for it.  Good luck! :smileyhappy:  

jenpred

(0) Hearts

Eminence actually replied to me, and while they don't offer samples, they provided me with the online retailer that sells the sample sized products. Yay! Can't wait to try them both! Thanks again!

rdesigns

(0) Hearts

I am so happy to hear that they replied to you so quickly.  I hope it works as well for you as it does for me :smileyhappy:  I even tried it on my husband last night, and he was quite happy with how easy it was to apply and take off.

kimchikween

I've used mine for about 3 months now (in my mid 30s) and have seen my undereye area much improved.  It used to be that undereye concealer would look really cakey despite how much I moisturized, but now that skin is soft and smooth. The dark circles are much easier to cover up.

What's also nice is that you can use it for other serums.  I'm testing it out for my dark spots/hyper-pigmentation - getting the serums deeper into the dermis.

shortstuff07

I got mine last winter, and I will say that it was worth the purchase.  I get capillary breakage from sinuses/allergies, and this helps heal them and correct fine lines from sun damage.  It really helps get the product deeper, so you don't need as much to achieve the desired result.  It also helps eliminate puffiness, which is awesome!  I also use this with an old tip and acne spot treatment on the days I get Pompeii style zits, it helps reduce swelling and get the medication a little deeper.  

mimibel

Bothe excellent ideas. I have capillary breakage around my nose, what product do you use for healing them? I like the de-puff effect too! 

shortstuff07

I've used Hydroxatone's Intensive Under Eye healer, and I'm currently testing the Juice Beauty Stem Cell Under Eye Healer.  I like the Hydroxatone, but it's tested on animals so I won't purchase it.  (I got it as gratis for helping with an event, so it was free initially.)

ChicDabbler

@mimibel. Oh do let us know if Opal really works! I'm a 20some but I'm always on the lookout for anti-aging stuff for my mom. I know you can't erase lines completely, but I love her and I want her to be the most youthful/prettiest of her age group at least. =P

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I'll report but it won't be in time to buy it to go Rouge. So cool that you are on the lookout for good things for your mom too! :smileyhappy:

katief241981

Mimibel - please let us know what you think after you have been using for a while. I have been very curious about the Opal.  

mimibel

[ Edited ]

Sure thing! I've taken some before and during photos to document so that is how I can judge the improvement is visible BUT...the serum is very hydrating in itself and I'm using the Opal to apply Strivectin as well. I'm also using more hydrating products and a gentle Glycolic peel too so my results will be an aggregate of these things :3  my skin was pretty dehydrated so some effect I'm seeing may just be due to bringing my moisture balance back to a better level, but time will tell! 

I have little smoker lines and some fine forehead and eye lines, they are all getting the Opal treatment. I'll report but it will be a couple of months. 

missey1973

Bobby Brown Extra Line Toner. I love it.

DMP908

Moisture Surge Overnight Mask by Clinique

thesupergirl

Josie Maran argan oil, 

marc Jacobs honey 

UD vice 2 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Oh I forgot about Marc Jacob Honey! It's great, albet not fantastic. I do already have Daisy and Dot, maybe I should get it to complete my collection. =P

missjr

I would have to say my Clarisonic Mia is the most expensive skincare product that I own and is definitely worth every cent.  This cleansing brush has exceeded my expectations and I look as if I've had a facial everyday.  It's the perfect tool to remove makeup and to exfoliate skin.  When the skin is cleansed, it allows your serums and moisturizers to work.  When I wake up my skin is positively glowing!

katief241981

Oh, and a T3 hairdryer! LOVE IT!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 78 replies
  • 127 hearts
  • 42 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • hydee77
    • chupi
    • obsessiveangel
    • saturnwings