ChicDabbler

What is your most expensive but worth every penny products?

[ Edited ]

I'm a couple hundreds away from Rouge, so I'm just gonna cover my eyes, block my ears, ignore my bank account and RUN for it! And make spending less my New Year resolution/challenge for 2014.

In that spirit, I would like to know what's the most expensive item you have that is worth every penny and why? fancy makeup? skincare made of gold?

On another note I have several of everything except.....hydrating mask and toner. So, what's your favorite hydrating mask? I know there's Fresh Rose, PTR cucumber, OH blue/blackberry....anything else? your favorite?

jrperk

Re: What is your most expensive but worth every penny products?

I would have to say my Clarisonic. I used the 20% coupon when it (Clarisonic) first came out years ago. I replace the brush regularly and keep it clean, and it's the best thing I've ever done for my skin.

infinitise

I think the most important part of makeup is the complexion, and the most important part of skincare is removing them well.. 

so a good foundation (honestly the drugstore foundation in my opinion dont even come close to the Guerlain, YSL, chanel, and Armani..) 

and a good cleanser that is gentle an natural with a clarisonic.. 

if you do have some extra, the Tria hair removal device 

meecheroo

Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer $55. I've used it for like 5 years now, but once I accidentally broke the bottle because it's made out of glass -- what a waste! lol

I also really like the Sugar lip treatments I've gotten as samples, but I don't think I'd pay for those, but they're still awesome.

thesupergirl

My other favorites that. I'm loving right now is the ole henriksen truth creme and the eye cream. Seriously these are worth the price! 

sephoramusthave

I don't think that ever paid more than $50 for any *one* makeup item so the most expensive item would be that or lower. The most I've ever spent on any one skincare item was $150 ( caudalie premier cru la crème---and no its not worth it).

Lemme just give you a list of must have products that I get from Sephora.

1. L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream----I went through at least 6 or 7 of these jars, its literally the only face cream that suits my skin when its dry and sensitive. I only use it at night because I do find it pricey, and I do have other natural creams that I love that work well for me in AM use. (But they aren't sold at Sephora). 42 bucks a jar and worth every single penny.

2. Too Faced Shadow Insurance----I cant tell you for how long it took me to shell out 20 bucks for something that you cant see lol (my day cream costs less than that!). But I am on my second tube right now of the original, I bought the champagne one as well and I havent used powder shadow on its own since I've had this baby. And it lasts for months.

3. buxom lip creams and lip glosses----I have always pretty much hated lipgloss, but I swear this item *converted* me. I got a couple point perks once ( one was 500 one was 250 point perk) that had a full sized lip gloss, 2 mini glosses/creams, and 2 mini lipsticks and I fell in LOVE with the formula. I like the lip creams better because the product is more pigmented and creamy whereas the glosses are more sheer than anything but they are so minty and cooling and not sticky and they don't leave that gross ring around my lips 20 minutes after applying. I used up a couple of minis a while back, have a full sized lip gloss in april that's very well loved, and I just recently bought a set with 6 mini glosses that cost $29 which I do find expensive, but I love them so much that I don't care. 19 bucks a piece for full sized.

4. buxom full on lip stick. I'm a fan of push up stick lipsticks in general---they are slim and compact, and with bright colors or red colors I don't have to worry about staying inside the lines because the sticks are thin enough that I don't have to worry about it. I've gone through 2 mini's and one full sized, and I repurchased the full size that I ran out of a while ago (las vegas). So pigmented, moisturizing and minty. I shall collect them all ( in time....). 19 bucks each.

5. urban decay palettes or singles----both pricey, although you do get more for your money when you buy the palettes. I have BOS, naked basics, and singles of sin, sin/mushroom, and Woodstock.

6. kat von d lock it tattoo foundation. 34 bucks but worth every penny. it covers like no other, lasts like no other, doesn't irritate my skin, and one bottle lasts for months. I have 4 in all different shades to make sure that I have a solid match year round.

poshified

Makeup: Tom Ford eyeshadows and blushes, Guerlain Meteorites and eyeshadows, Chanel Illusion D'ombres, Hourglass Ambient powders and lipsticks

Skincare: Algenist Overnight Restorative Cream, Lancome Energie De Vie Recharge Daily Lotion (I use it as both serum and toner.)

Fragrance: I Love New York for Mothers

midnightangel

For me, this would have to be Lancôme Génifique cream serum. Oh my gosh, I love everything about it! The light texture, the Victorian rose fragrance, and most importantly the hydration. I will probably never buy it again but it was a worthwhile splurge and will last me a long time.

Unfortunately I don't have any recommendations for a good hydrating mask as I don't use them, but best of luck finding one you love.

Cheers!

JenBlush

My most expensive makeup item has to be one of the YSL lipsticks! I thought about it for a while until i bought it,  and i am so glad i did! The formula is so great and creamy! It is worth every penny!

My most expensive perfume is my Flower bomb! My boyfriend actually surprised me with it. I never even knew about it until he gave it to me. I started searching it and saw how expensive it was! But wow, it smells so good!

fhgarman

Officially my new Clarisonic Mia 2. But the most outrageous thing I buy for the price is Kerastase Oleo Relax Masque. It's a $62.50 conditioner! But for my dry, thick, frizzy, curly, unmanageable hair-that-drives-me-crazy, I will never use anything else!

ShinyMagpie

Absolutely hands down my Clarisonic plus. My first one lasted over five years and I bought a new one a year ago. It is the best thing I've ever done for my skin. I love that I can use it in the shower. When I did the Obagi routine five years ago I really felt like it pushed the system to the next level. 

I definitely feel like my products work better and my skin looks so much better. If I skip it for a while for any reason it shows. I also use it on my neck, chest, and the back of my hands. Love that thing. 

katief241981

Great. Thanks beauty tester for starting this thread and mimibel for the review of opal.  Looks like my hard earned money will again be going for to sephora to try out the opal!!  Enablers!!!  Haha.  Oh. P.s.  I want to try the facial steamer machine too.  It gets great reviews.   My friend has one and loves it.  I think k it's by DDG??

jennypenny1995

obsessiveangel

my hg product must have is the mj highliner gel crayon! it is THE ONLY eyeliner that doesn't smudge on me (i only use it to tightline my eyes and/or the waterline= i can't vouch for it working well on the lids)!!! <3 the product!!!

melde

I thought the Nars light reflecting powder was a lot for what it was, but every day I only use the teeny tinyest amount and when I put it on my face I just looooove it.

BeautyJunkie325

Probably my Clarisonic - I've really seen a reduction in my breakouts on my forehead and chin, I think because it is really removing all my makeup at night.  Then it would be the GlamGlow mask in the white jar.  I just got the YouthMud Eye Mask and it did plump and brighten my under eye.  

jettagrrl

My Clarisonic Mia is hands down the best skin care investment I've made.  I also love Exfolikate - so pricy but you only need a pea-sized amount for each use (1 - 2 times weekly).  Leaves my skin so smooth and glowy!

mimibel

My most $ is this.

I haven't been using it long enough to say how good it is, but there is a little visible improvement in eye and lip lines. Not sure if it would be something appropriate for you but here it is. 

http://www.sephora.com/opal-sonic-skin-infusion-system-P257102?skuId=1347038

rdesigns

I have been using the Opal for about a year and a half, on and off. I can definitely see the difference when I quit using it.  It does take a while for the effects to become really noticeable (it is cumulative).  If you use it at least once a day for a few months it really does work - you just have to be patient and consistent.  I also like to use it on my upper lip as well.

jenpred

(0) Hearts

Would you ladies happen to know if the Opal helps with milia? I have a little bit around my under eye area, and other than have them manually extracted, I don't know how else to get rid of them :smileysad:

rdesigns

For milia, I use Eminence's Naseberry Eye Exfoliant once a week.  I have been using it for a couple of months now, and I no longer even get milia anymore! :smileyhappy:  

The Opal is not designed to help with milia.  naseberry-eye-exfoliant-1101.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 78 replies
  • 127 hearts
  • 42 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • hydee77
    • chupi
    • obsessiveangel
    • saturnwings