Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What is the best primer for fine lines?

I'm 29 years old with combination skin. I cleanse, moisturize, and use a lightweight serum daily. My skin is healthy and looks great bare, but as soon as I apply foundation, concealer, or even a BB cream, I suddenly have fine lines everywhere! They're especially bad around my eyes. It's incredibly frustrating because it makes me appear much older than I am. I don't even use full coverage products, just light coverage to even out my skin tone and give me a healthy glow.

Could someone please recommend a primer that helps minimize fine lines? I'm not looking for an anti-aging product since they tend to have very harsh ingredients in them that my skin just doesn't need yet. I just want something that will fill in those fine lines, not settle into them.

Re: What is the best primer for fine lines?

This post was exactly what I was looking for! I just turned 30 and thought my skin had turned on me but the lines are only their when I wear makeup. Has anyone tried the Tarte Timeless smoothing primer for this? 

Hi @blueeyes133!

@alexasteph beat me to suggesting YSL's Touche Eclat Blur Primer, but I would also like to suggest the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. This is a great for a smooth and even application of your foundation, and will help your makeup glide over any fine lines. It's definitely worth checking out! 

Cheers!
Nikko

@NikkoBT YSL is clearly a favorite around here! And based on other YSL products I've used I'd say with good reason. I've never used anything by Hourglass before, but I do like the idea of mineral-based products since they tend to be less harsh on your skin. I may just have to buy a bunch and see which works best, haha! Thank you so much for your recommendation!

@blueeyes133 I'm just a year younger than you and I totally understand the "Where did these comes from!?!?" lines you're referring to. My favorite primers are Benefit POREfessional and YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer. Both are very smooth and wear well. 

I use an eye cream daily as well as part of my skin care. That can sometimes effect how your makeup wears. I haven't really found one I'm totally obsessed with, but I have really liked First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Eye Cream, which is what I'm using now. Argan oil is great too. I press that around my undereye and up to my temples before my eye cream, then primer and makeup and that does a good job of keeping those wrinkles away. 

I hope this helps!

@alexasteph It's scary how these pesky little lines appear out of nowhere! Anyway thank you so much for your recommendations! I'm a huge fan of the YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch concealer already so that sounds very tempting, though I've heard that the POREfessional has its cult following for a reason. Also great recommendation about using argan oil! I have a tough time with eye creams as they tend to irritate my eyes, but patting some oil on is a great idea to add some more moisture. Thanks, you rock!

@blueeyes133 You're welcome! Definitely try some argan oil if regular eye creams are too irritating! I think you'll see a huge difference. I like Josie Maran's. 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing