jenstace

What is the best makeup/skincare product that you have ever used?

I'm really interested in researching and trying new products and want to know what everyone would say is their all-time favorite product and why?

LolaVal

Re: What is the best makeup/skincare product that you have ever used?

(0) Hearts

These are my essentials:

Best SPF - Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection + Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ for Face and Body - So smooth, non greasy - fresh easy scent - it is unlike any SPF lotion for my sensitive and sometimes oily skin

Best Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free - great coverage yet it feels very light on my skin

Best Concealer - Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Concealer - Great coverage in neutral shades (they just added additional shades), a little goes a long way

Best under eye brightener - Benefit Eye Bright - Love Love this!  I have dark circles and I applied this on top of a light touch of my regular concealer and it completely transformed my eyes.

Best Blush - Stila Custom Color Blush in Self-Adjusting Coral - highly pigmented and gives a natural glow - lasts all day long

Best Bronzer - Sephora Collection Bronzer - I have light skin and I use Los Cabos - it's not shimmery and is great for contouring!  This is much less expensive than Guerlain - which are amazing as well.

Best Eye Shadows - I love UD Naked Palette, Smashbox Palettes, and Mac Eye shadows - they all are highly pigmented and last all day long

Best Eye Liner - Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Liner - I don't regularly wear eyeliner but this product is amazing! It is really easy to apply and it stays put!  (I haven't used foundation for a long time but Bobbi Brown also carry great foundations in great shades!)

Best Eyelash Curler - Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler - I was so disappointed when Sephora stopped carrying this brand.  I've tried at lot of different ones, but this is the best. It's now only available through Shu Uemura website.

Best Mascara - Maybeline waterproof mascara - I have tried so many expensive mascara yet none can compare to this!

Skincare:  I have sensitive and combination skin that sometimes breakout near my cycle and due to stress at work.  I've been using Clarisonic Mia for almost 2 1/2 years and it has complete changed my skin!  This is my routine:

Eye makeup remover - Sephora Waterproof eye makeup remover - This is very inexpensive and removes all my eye makeup without hurting my skin.  I've heard great things about the Lancome one but I'm allergic to Lancome products so I can't use it.

Makeup cleansing wipes - Simple Cleansing wipes - I got these at Target!  They are great for my delicate skin!

Cleansers - I use Clarisonic Acne Daily Clairifying Cleanser at night with my Mia and in the morning, I use PTR Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel.  I love both products - they completely remove dirt and makeup and keep my skin clear and ready to absorb skin care products.

Eye Creams - I alternate between Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles and Shiseido Future Solution LX Eye and Lip Contour Regenerating Cream.  These are amazing!  They smell great and are very moisturizing and the Anti-Dark Circles brightens my eyes without feeling like it was trying to rip out my skin.  I'm in my early 30s and I'm all about preventing wrinkles, so I slather the Future Solution Cream all over my lids, under my eyes and around my lips to laugh lines.

Brightening Mask - Shiseido White Lucent Power Brightening Mask - This mask really rejuvenates me.  I try to do it once a month and it makes my skin feel fresh and dewy.

lovelyred139

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

For skincare, it's a combination of Anthony Logistics Glycolic Cleanser (recommended by the lovely lylysa) and Pur Minerals' Mudd Masque with Pescalite.  The former required me to up my moisturizing game, but my gentleman caller visited recently and said my skin looked much better than usual.  Given that it wasn't particularly troubled before, just some acne scars and large pores, I think it's a fair trade.  The Mudd Masque dries so tight that it clears out blackheads in lieu of manual extraction -- it's pricey for a masque, but it saves me quite a bit in professional extractions. 

For makeup, I second Spyski on Tarte's BB cream (assuming it's the "tinted primer treatment" one).  It's long-lasting, matches my uber pale skin like nothing else I've found, and doesn't cause breakouts.  For a light/medium coverage product it also does a good job -- neutralizes redness and covers my broken capillaries.  I'm also slowly falling in love with BECCA's Beach Tints.  I've always had trouble blending out liquid blushes so that they looked natural on my fair complexion, and BECCA's formula makes it so, so easy.

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

Maracuja oil easily, it's a multitasking game changer and has improved my complexion drastically!  That and the Guerlain Terracotta loose kohl eyeliner makes the application of a daily smoky eye super fast and simple :smileyhappy:

jenstace

(0) Hearts

Thank you all for answering!  Can't wait to look up these products =]

rainbow781

(0) Hearts

Lets see, well the first one isn't exactly a product, but my skin would not be half as good as it is now without it, its the Clarisonic Skincare Brush. I also love the CHANEL Inimitable Mascara, the first time I put this on I was like woah I didn't even know my lashes were that long.  I am also a big fan of the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum, after only two uses my skin was waaaaaaaay brighter and most of my dark spots had faded. And last but not least the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush, I have never owned it but I tried it on and fell in love, the colors are BEAUTIFUL and I honestly have never wanted a blush so badly! I hope this helps out your beauty research! :smileyhappy:

katie1724

[ Edited ]

For skincare, it's Retin-A Micro (for anti-aging) and Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream (so rich and moisturizing -- the only one that hydrates the crepey under eye skin).  I also *love* glycolic acid facial cleansers (Anthony Logistics) and the Clarisonic Mia.

Re: cosmetics, I love Labello lip balm (it's the exact same thing as Nivea here, which you can find in drugstores), Smashbox Halo, Burberry Eyeshadow (the formula is outstanding) and Chantecaille Cheek Shade blush (it's sheer).

desertbr4t

Giorgio Armani Eyes to kill Intense eyeshadow.  They have about 20 colors and they are so so soft cuz they are a between cream and powder.  You get a hefty amount for the money.  

clesephorafan

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay and Too Faced Shadow sets are AMAZING! 

Smashbox Primers are my favorite for under my makeup. 

Smashbox has a great prism powder that I love as well. 

Rosebud Salve is the best moisturizing lipgloss. 

Too Faced Shadow Insurance is the bomb for under your shadow too!

I'm still looking for my own favorite eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. 

Good luck!

elnxio

Urban Decay's de-slick setting spray: works wonders for my super oily skin. blotting sheets shift my makeup around and adding more powder just makes me cakey so this spray is my ultimate HG fighter against oil. 

Shiseido's Ultimate Oil Cleanser: the best makeup remover! removes any waterproof makeup and primer/sunblock. 

Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner: i've tried so many other brands and formulations for dark eyeliner and this is by far the least budge-proof. it stays put on my oily lids much longer than anything else i've tried. 

Cerave Lotion: may drugstore HG; much better than any of the higher end brands ive tried (and many i have tired). feels light, absorbs quickly, yet leaves my skin perfectly moisturized throughout the day. 

jennypenny1995

Most Surprising That It Actually Works: Beauty Blender

Best Foundation: Tarte 12-Hour Foundation

Best Powder: Tarte Finishing Powder

Best Brush Cleaner: MAC Brush Cleanser

Best Brushes: Bobbi Brown

Best Touch Up Stick: Bobbi Brown

Best Mascara: Clinique High Impact Mascara

Best Cheek Color: Tarte in Exposed

Best Lipstick: Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color

Best Gloss: NARS (but horrible smell...just the formula!)

Best Skin Care: Tie--Renee Rouleau vs. Murad

Best Body Lotion: Renee Rouleau's Avocado Lotion

Best Eye Color: Benefit World Famous Neutrals in Everyday

arielaaaaaaaa

I Love my Beauty Blender!!

I was always using my fingers to apply my liquid foundation, because i have such dry flakey skin a brush just makes it look horrible, so using my fingers was my only option, but when i saw the beauty blender i gave it a try and it makes my foundation look so nice, i use less cause it makes it covers a whole lot better. 

Graceann

I absolutley love the Revlon nearly naked foundation! its coverage is amazing and it feels like a tinted moisterizer, light and airy,.z.png

Spyski

I agree.

Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel has really worked wonders for my combo skin as well. I use it after a tonic water such as LUSH Tea Tree Water or the Boscia Clear Complextion Tonic (which I've been using as of lately).

Bobbi Brown's Bronzing Powder is a can't live without product yea-round! It's the perfect shade of matte for my skintone and really makes a difference especially when you need to put a little "liveliness" back into your skin so you don't look like a one shaded zombie on those non-tanned winter days.

Tarte BB cream. If I had to choose one face mosturizer, primer, SPF, and foundation it would be this. No questions about it!

sephoramusthave

I have a ton of holy grail items.....I'll try to keep the list as short as possible!

1. Lancome Dual Finish Foundation---fave powder foundation. Excellent coverage, lots of product in pan, excellent packaging, and never breaks me out or irritates my skin. And their color selection is fantastic. My skin tone changes with the seasons (fair in winter, light most of time, medium after summer) and I can always find a perfect match.

2. Loccitane Ultra Rich Face Cream----Best face cream for my skin. Its super hydrating, not greasy, face is so calm and baby soft, smells so fresh and clean, little goes long way.

3. Dior Addict Lipstick---I love the formula and color selection. I'm on my 3rd tube of shade 454 and on my first tube of shade 745.

4. Urban Decay eyeshadows----So soft, pigmented, blends perfectly. Best formula on the market.

5. Benefit Boxed Powders---I'm absolutely gaga over every single box. Dallas is my fave bronzer and Dandelion has been my go to lately.

6. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows---Best cream shadow, hands down. So creamy, pigmented, and doesnt dry out before I wipe the jar clean.

7. Buxom Big and Healthy Lipstick---Super long lasting, creamy, pigmented and hydrating. I eat, I drink, and its still fully on lips. And they have some amazing shades.

8. Bite Beauty Lipstick---creamy, pigmented, moisturizing, gorgeous colors.

9. thebalm mary loumanizer---fave powder highlighter. No glittery particles, little goes long way, and it can also be used as eyeshadow.

10. Stila Convertible Colors. Gorgeous colors, little goes long way, natural looking, blends perfectly over makeup.

violalea

(0) Hearts

Wow i will need to check them out :smileyhappy:

helpful

I've used Clinique Dramatically Different Gel for years- it's perfect for my combination skin, definitely a favorite of mine! I also love Urban Decay De-Slick spray. I wouldn't want to be without either of these!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • jennypenny1995
    • clesephorafan
    • rainbow781