Camidumas

What happened to Lip Tar? Are there other "food grade" primers/long-wear lipsticks?

(0) Hearts

I put Lip Tar in 'clear' in my basket, wanting to see how it worked as a primer that had 100% ingredients in it that I recognized as edible.  A couple of days later when I went to make the purchase, all Lip Tar singles had vanished from my cart, and most Lip Tar singles are no longer listed on the Sephora site.  My Lip Tar purchases are even gone from my shopping list.  I am quite disappointed.

Is there any information about why this happened and whether the singles will be back in stock?  I had intended to replace all my lipsticks with Lip Tar.

Does Sephora carry any other hyper-pigmented long-wear lipsticks or lip primers that are similarly "food based"?  Every other lip primer or long-wear lipstick that I've discovered has ingredients that read like a chemistry set.  When I can, I like to understand the things that go into my mouth, so if I can't conveniently get Lip Tar, I'd like to find an alternative that offers the same SUPER BRIGHT matte colors (my favorite Lip Tar color is Anime, a cartoony hot pink that looks more like paint than lipstick), excellent wear time, and human-readable ingredient list.

Thanks.
Camidumas

Re: What happened to Lip Tar? Are there other "food grade" primers/long-wear lipsticks?

(0) Hearts

That's great news - glad to hear it!

keelybt

Re: What happened to Lip Tar? Are there other "food grade" primers/long-wear lipsticks?

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Camidumas,

I completely understand where you are coming from!  No need to worry, the Lip Tars should be back up on the site within a few days.  Sorry for the confusion!

xo, Mia

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • miabt
    • Camidumas