cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

What happened to Cargo

Haven't seen it in Sephora stores since 2009. Did they axe the line or something...

Cargo was such a great little company with gorgeous colors and such innovative ideas; the prices where pretty decent for what you paid for too. Those quads they sold had huge eyeshadow pans and the best pigmentation by far, all for only 28 bucks! Hard to find anything to match that. One eyeshadow at MAC costs almost 19 dollars in Canada...  So you know I'm on the hunt for any deals I can come across elsewhere, without forking it out for MAC.

Does anyone know what happened to the line...

Re: What happened to Cargo

CARGO Cosmetics no longer exists.  I'm not sure when they went out of business exactly.  They used to have a website where you could purchase their products, but that's gone.  Sad really - I'm Canadian, and CARGO was originally created/founded by a Canadian.  She sold the Company and it went downhill after that.  This happens a lot with Canadian companies, unfortunately - Tim Hortons is also an example.  They're still around, but nowhere near as good as they used to be.

In Canada, Cargo doesn't seem to be sold in any stores - only on the Cargo website, which is in USD, even though Cargo is a Canadian brand, and on the shopping channel website, which charges expensive shipping. I've switched to Clinique tubing mascara instead.

I was bummed when we stopped carrying Cargo. The products went 50% off for a whie and then poof! they were gone. You can find them at SIJCP's now.

What did you like from the brand though? I could probably suggest something else for you if you'd like. I really liked the foundation because they had such a wide range of colors, and it was lightweight like a tinted moisturizer but ACTUALLY gave you coverage. We at Sephora are sad too!

Anonymous Insider

janer1988 wrote:
I really liked the foundation because they had such a wide range of colors, and it was lightweight like a tinted moisturizer but ACTUALLY gave you coverage.

Their foundation is seriously amazing. I require more coverage than the lightweight gives me but there's a really nice glow from it that you don't get from any other liquid foundation.

I have some issues with the really strong rose scent, though.

Sephora inside JCPenney still has it 🙂

go to cargocosmetics.com until feb. 20 (2011) and get all plant love products for 50% off with the coupon code LOVE11

i recently ordered, think i posted above and got some delicious eye shadows at a great deal. I hope it's ok to post here as sephora doesn't carry cargo anymore.

another plus for my maple leaf friends is that this is a canadian company.

oxstc

Anonymous Insider

For those in Canada, Cargo has a counter at Sears.  (Specifically, the one at the Eaton Centre for the Torontonians.)

I just found out you can order Cargo from their website. (do a google search boys and girls!) And they have a great sale on their eyeshadow duos. I ordered a bunch of stuff earlier today. Also make sure you join the insider club for 20% off  your order. 

oxsupertrixiecat.

Anonymous Insider

awwwww sad face just realized they were gone

i too, enjoyed cargo very much over the years. I believe one of their lip gloss pans/pots was my first ever sephora purchase. I also owned a few of their blushes coral beach blush, rome, and hongkong....though benifit has great powders/blush boxes...i thought cargo was just as good. I always wanted to try their plantlove makeup as well. it surprises me the brand was not that popular.

The line is still around and you can find it at Sephora inside JC Penney's. 🙂 As mentioned, they are also at ULTA.

It was a mutual decision between Cargo and Sephora to end their partnership. If you're in the US, It is still sold at Ulta and CVS.com in the US, however Ulta doesn't ship to Canada. I've also seen it at Sephora inside JCPenny (at least my local locations still carry the line, plus its listed on their site's store locator).

Cargo Cosmetics is a Canadian company. Try checking their website Cargo Cosmetics. They have a store locator to help you find a location close to you. I am assuming that you're in Canada because you mentioned Canadian prices. Hopefully this helps.

I LOVED their Lipgloss Duo Smiley Very Happy

I just noticed that tonight they weren't carrying it anymore. I was looking for their plant love lipsticks. I thought they were great and I loved the idea they had of having the box it came in being plantable. I actually did that with the lipstick I bought from them and it grew really pretty flowers. Made me happy to see my little plant and knowing it came from my lipstick lol.

Anonymous Insider

Sephora quit carrying Cargo brand and I was so disappointed because I especially love their oil-free foundation and eyeshadows.  You can find Cargo brand at Ulta stores or at Ulta online, but I'd much rather buy from Sephora.  Hope this helps you...

Yup, they sold out the line last year.  But you can still...

Yup, they sold out the line last year.  But you can still find it at ulta if there is one near you or online.

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing