What discontinued Products Do You Miss the Most?

I was wondering, what beauty products that Sephora has stopped selling or cosmetic companies have stopped making do all of  you miss the most? Have you been able to find other beauty products to replace them? The products I miss like crazy are:

1. Benefit Cosmetics "Depuffing Action Eye Gel" In the morning, sometimes my eyes get a little puffy and tired-looking. This product was the most effective and fast-acting way to get rid of puffiness and make my eyes look brighter in one easy step. I'm so sad that it's gone! Smiley Sad

2. Tarte "Rise & Shine Lip Gloss and Stain" This combo of pretty-colored long-lasting lip stain and plumping colored lip gloss is the prettiest lip color I've ever tried. It looks better in photos than anything else I know of. Sephora recently stopped carrying this. I'm glad it's still avaiable on Ulta, but I'd rather buy it from Sephora so I can get Sephora beauty points!

3. Bare Escentuals "Brilliant Gold Beauty Duo" This is such a fun little set that includes a top quality and heavenly soft brush as well as a case of highlighting powder that adds a beautiful golden shimmer to your complexion. It's more convenient and easier to use than any other complexion-brightening product I've ever tried. I love my "High Beam" and "Girl Meets Pearl," but this product is so much faster and easier to apply. I know it was a limited edition, but it's just such a great value that works so well, I really wish they'd bring it back. If they did, I'd buy one for myself, of course, but I would probably pick up a couple for gifts too.

What about all of you? What no longer available products do you miss the most? Have you found good replacements for them? By the way, if anyone knows of an effective replacement for any of the products I mentioned, I'd be most grateful to hear about it! Smiley Very Happy

Re: What discontinued Products Do You Miss the Most?

(0) Hearts

Dior Lip Serum de Rouge in 740 Rosewood was MLBB. 

(0) Hearts

Kat Von D Autograph pencil eyeliner... I saw some left over stock in the sale section yesterday so I figure at this point I have no hope of them coming back Smiley Sad   I have been trying to replace this eyeliner for awhile now but haven't found anything as soft and non-irritating to my sensitive eyes... if anyone knows a good dupe for this I will be forever grateful... but for now I am still on the hunt Smiley Wink

(0) Hearts

Oh and Urban Decay eyeshadow in Zephyr... I guess I can still buy it on their website so it's not technically discontinued... but I just like shopping at Sephora Smiley Very Happy

(0) Hearts

NARS penny lane cream blush was my HG 😿

Rouge d'Armani Sheer 514 lipstick. Bllaaaaggghh. It was from two spring collections ago and it was just the most perfect nude. And the consistency was perfect and it was super comfortable to wear and I just loved it to death. Bad on me for not buying multiples. When I realized it was discontinued I went to every department store that sells the line and no one had it and it was no longer online either. Been looking for the perfect dupe ever since. Nars Cruising is kiiiiinda close but darker (but still a nice shade). But it's not the same. Sigh! 

image.jpg

(0) Hearts

Seriously... the Armani Sheers are incredible aren't they! I have three different shades and love them all Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

The Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner.  It used to be available in a variety of colors, and Smog was (and still is) my go-to.  Now it is only available permanently in Perversion, and I don't like black eyeliner.  You can still find it on discount in some places, but it's only a matter of time before it's gone.  I love the color, the brush tip, and the staying power.  My eyes are very hooded, so finding a liner that stays is a constant battle.

(0) Hearts

i always used avon  elegance perfume if anyone knows of anything similar i,d be very grateful.

(0) Hearts
My most missed product, Urban Decay's Matte Eyeshadow line. ESPECIALLY, the color Illegal. What I hate is they discontinue these products with no notice! I have been searching HIGH AND LOW for a substitue and finally found it in the Lorac Unzipped Pallete. A color called Unconditional. Unfortunately, it is a pallete only color. I basically need Tobit a ton of palletes for this color or even my substitute will be short lived Smiley Sad

Out of curiosity does Sephora get some notice of products being discontinued? It would be GREAT if Sephora could post when they know something is going to be discontinued.

(0) Hearts

Shu Emura Eyelash Curler :***(

(0) Hearts

I really miss the Shu Uemura products, that seem to be no longer carried anywhere in the US, including Sephora.

Also, while I was in Scotland, I tried some of the new Soap and Glory makeup products and really enjoyed them, and I am wondering if Sephora will ever carry them?

[ Edited ]

@lizzytotoro:  Shu Uemura can still be purchased at their official US site (should show up in search results if you look up shu uemura usa).  The selection is not nearly as good as their other global locations.  However the infamous eyelash curler is available to purchase. 

Around Spring/Summer 2010, L'Oreal decided to pull all physical retail locations of Shu Uemura out of the US.  Canada on the other hand has a few retail counters at select Holt Renfrew department stores. 

I miss the physical department stores.  All of their associates and MUAs I experienced were always well trained and friendly.  If I had better awareness of the brand, I probably would have tried their products years ago.  And as many people have mentioned on BT at various times, apparently the awareness of the online website is also lacking in attention. 

(0) Hearts

Tarte Trueblood palette. I didnt try it, but when I wanted to buy it, it was long gone Smiley Sad

(0) Hearts

Sephora's bubble bath & body butters.

Lush's candy fluff and karma powders.

Seriously missing Stila Illuminating Concealer in Fair!!!!!!  Still haven't found a suitable replacement... Smiley Sad

I also really miss Benefits Geargia Peach, one of their blush-in-a-box things.  The color worked well with my skin.  I did find it in a gift set over Christmas though, wondering if it is discontinued or just not sold at Sephora.  Many years ago Benefit also had a comic strip inspired acne care line.  Although I am very pleased with their skin care improvements, I miss BooBoo Zap and the similar concealing/treating pencil.

I was so disappointed as well that Benefit discontinued the Georgia powder. I have never been able to find a dupe for it. Smiley Sad

@bearsmom - I'll be sure to pass along your request to bring those back. In the meantime, check out the following products on your next in store visit:

Givenchy Mister Light Instant Corrective Pen in Mister Milk

The most comparable to Stila and also had an added SPF for sun protection. Smiley Wink

Soap & Glory Dr. Spot Invisible Spot Fighting Gel

The ingredients in this spot gel and formulation is similar to the BooBoo Zap.  The only difference is the application. 

Last, but definitely not least is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Blissful. This blush, like Benefits Georgia Peach has no shimmer and stays put throughout the day.

I recommend asking for some samples to take home so you know if it works well with your skin and complexion. I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Tiffany

(0) Hearts

I just wanted to let you know, Tiffany, that I have been using Givenchy Mister Light since a month after this post.  I love it!!!  I also like the Tarte blush in Blissful and use it from time to time.  I never tried the Soap and Glory, but I did notice BooBoo Zap is back.  Smiley Happy  Thank you!!!

(0) Hearts

I miss the Crest Mint slicks lipglosses - so smooth and tasted so good!  Also, Germaine Monteil lipsticks.  I was not into this brand when it was around but had purchased some lipsticks at a chi chi yad sale (unused) and they have this wonderful texture and color payoff.  I finally found the perfect coral but, alas, will not be able to replace it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • image.jpg