Zejna

Wedding Makeup

Hey lovelies,

I'm a bride to be and need your advice.

If you could recommend the ultimate wedding day makeup and skincare products what would they be?

jennypenny1995

Re: Wedding Makeup

(0) Hearts

Go look at the newest video by Lisa Eldridge on YouTube.  Then, go watch her bridal video that she recorded awhile back.  She has amazing taste and knows exactly what does and does not look good on the big day.  Congrats!

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

Congratulations!  I always suggest to my brides to not stray too far from their normal makeup routines.  It is the face their fiances feel in love with!  You definitely want your face to look flawless and matte (for photos) but trying new products too close to the wedding day can be disastrous and lead to breakouts. 

I also suggest you apply your normal makeup colors but with a heavier hand, more like stage makeup where lights cause your makeup to look faded.  You want the person on the last row to see how beautiful you are.  However, you don't want to look clownish or slutty, so find a happy medium. 

I love a bride in a natural, muted look. But if you normally where red lipstick, turqoise eyeshadow, and false eyelashes with black eyeliner, by all means wear it!  Stay true to who you are!

Best wishes to a bright and happy future!

midniterae

(0) Hearts

Congrats! Have you set a date yet?

I'm getting married in November and my BFF is doing my makeup. She is either going to use MUFE HD foundation or my Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation. I think she will be using MUFE though. And the MUFE concealer palette. 

I'm not sure what else she using yet. She works a lot with MUFE products. 

As for skincare, I'll be using my regular stuff which includes my Ole Henriksen truth serum and eye cream. 

Zejna

(0) Hearts

Another bride :smileyhappy:

The wedding is in August so it's fast approaching. I've heard good things about MUFE HD products so I will definitely give it a go. Thanks for the great advice.

Good look on your wedding day!

Zejna

(0) Hearts

Ladies thank you for your great advice and for congratulating me :smileyhappy:

I also need to mention I have slightly oily skin, especially the T zone and around the chin. I am not sure if this changes the product recommendations.  

jellybean917

Flawless skin is definitely a must! I'd avoid any harsh products a few days before the wedding, in case you have any reactions or redness. good call by starletta - don't try something new right beforehand!

Makeup 100% depends on your personality though! Personally, I'll want to go with a timeless look at my wedding, avoiding anything too trendy. One of the most important things to me is my eyebrows. Mine are dark and I tweeze very thoughtfully, but I fill in just a little bit with the Diorshow Brow Styler (http://www.sephora.com/diorshow-brow-styler-ultra-fine-precision-brow-pencil-P238433?skuId=1178219). Anastasia's Clear Brow Gel (http://www.sephora.com/brow-gel-P69304) is awesome. It's like hairspray for my brows!

Congrats! <3

starletta8

Congrats!

One of the most important things is not to change up things right before the wedding!  Find something that works, and stick with it.

A must: avoid SPF- flash photography will create a white cast.

I also recommend a great primer- I love either Laura Mercier or NARS for your face, and NARS on your eyes.  Guerlain finishing powder is also amazing.

laurabt

Hi Zejna, that would be a list longer than I can post here, lol.  But if I could choose 1 area of focus, it would be flawless skin.  I recommend going with a long wearing foundation that is ideal for special events & photography like Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, or Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation SPF 15.  A matte finish (not dewy) is going to photograph better, so make sure to use a good amount of setting powder, which will also help your makeup last longer.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

MUFE HD Invisible Cover Foundation.jpg

LM Silk Creme Foundation.jpg

Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation SPF 15.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • midniterae
    • jennypenny1995
    • starletta8