KaylaM123

Wedding Day Make Up Help!

[ Edited ]

My wedding is soon approaching and I just went to Sephora to purchase some make up. The ladies were very helpful and I believe I bought a bunch of great stuff.

So far, I purchased the following:

• Hourglass Veil Primer
  • Hourglass Veil Fluid make up
  • HD High Definition Powder (Make Up For Ever)
  • Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hr blush
  • YSL glossy stain.

I was just curious about mascara and the setting sprays...and any other recommendations.I want a waterproof mascara for volumizing. My lashes are already pretty long—what would you suggest? Also I was curious if I should get a make up setting spray? Is this necessary when I already have the primer and other make up? Just curious. Would you recommend anything else for my lips? I just want my make up to look the best it possibly can for the longest amount of time. Thanks!

jennypenny1995

Re: Wedding Day Make Up Help!

(0) Hearts

Go watch Lisa Eldridge's bridal video on YouTube.  It has her in front of a pink background, I believe, NOT her most recent one for special occasion color like Jessica Biel.  Amazing advice from a someone who can make anything look great!

laurabt

Hi KaylaM123, Clarks18 is right, the MUFE HD Microfinish Powder has to be used very sparingly to prevent the white cast in flash photos.  However, I've used the Hourglass Veil Primer (which has SPF) & had no issues with it looking white in wedding photos with flash. 

The YSL Glossy Stain is perfect for weddings, I always recommend it for brides.  You might want to apply a matching color lip liner before the stain, if you want a little more defined look. I recommend MUFE Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil.

MUFE Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil.jpg

My favorite volumizing mascara is Lancome Hypnose Custom Volume Mascara, and it does come in waterproof.

Lancome HYPNOSE WATERPROOF - Custom Volume Mascara.jpg

And I always give brides a thorough spritzing of MUFE Mist & Fix at the end of their makeup application to help set & lock the entire look.  It keeps them from having to do touch-ups throughout the day. 

MUFE Mist & Fix.jpg

:smileyhappy: -Laura

clarks18

You might want to give that Makeup Forever HD Powder a test run with pictures. I've heard that that particular powder can cause white flashback on the skin in photos. Usually when having wedding photos done it is recommended to stay away from products with SPF, or HD products, and even products with Lavender oil can cause that.  Also you should try all your makeup on before hand to see how your skin reacts with the products and play around with the look a bit.  That why you can tweak it a bit before the big day if need be.

Tarte makes a great mascara called Lights, Cameras, Flashes, and it also comes in waterproof. It has a big brush that helps create volume.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • clarks18
    • laurabt
    • KaylaM123
Photos3
  • Lancome HYPNOSE WATERPROOF - Custom Volume Mascara.jpg
  • MUFE Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil.jpg
  • MUFE Mist & Fix.jpg