makeupobesessed

Vita Liberata promo

I just placed an order and decided to use the promo for the Vita Liberata tanning mousse and glove.  Has anyone else tried this tanning product?  I'm kind of obsessed with self tanners right now.

Also,  how do you figure out what each sample is worth based on how much the full size product is?  I realize this may be a dumb question, and I think I know it, but I want to make sure my math is correct.  Thanks gals.

beautylovingirl

Re: Vita Liberata promo

(0) Hearts

@dianabt- Thanks again. Your the best!:smileyhappy:

dianabt

No problem, I know we all love Beauty Talk and may not feel the same way about things but it's just makeup and we should unite together for our passion for beauty and skincare! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
ChicDabbler

Yay! *hug*

I like it better when we are discussing about beauty/products (whether we are agreeing or disagreeing) rather than opinions about how people posts.

*runs away*

makeupobesessed

;-)

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@dianabt- Thank You for intervening on  this and I agree what you as a mod are saying. Thanks for everything you do!:smileyhappy:

dianabt

Thank you all :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
DTalksAll

I'm a member of a few different forums & have noticed a trend on ALL of them; Every forum will get a new user who doesn't know how to use the site. Every forum will have duplicate threads.  Every forum will have a troll, bully, mean girl... It happens, that's why there are mods... to keep the site clean. If you don't like it, then report it to a mod, or move on. I know it's frustrating, but it happens everywhere, not just BT. Instead of calling it out harshly  on the threads, send the member a polite PM and report it to a mod. There's no need for the negativity. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@dianabt- I agree and want this too BE a positive place.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Well if you don't want to be called then let me have my opinion on dead threads I  can express my opinion just like you and yes we have MODS on here but I still can have my opinion and feel free to create all the DEAD threads you want I can easily look over them but that's my opinion on the dead thread situation and that's the one I'll keep.BT is supposed to be fun but it's also supposed to be informative so you do it your way and I'll do it mine it's perfectly fine to move on and ignore each others post. And I don't think every time you get on here and see injustice has been done to me I'm going to express how I feel whether you or anyone else likes it.

dianabt

HI everyone, 

Please know that every post that comes through is viewed by a moderator and seen.

We do allow duplicate postings so users can get a variety of answers. Of course if you are posting 3-5x all over the community we  do reserve the right to remove any excess. 

We want Beauty Talk to be a fun place where everyone is welcome with their thoughts and opinions-That being said, the internet can be a tricky place and sometimes our feelings and emotions don't come through correct through our words so please remember our favorite Sephora value "Respect for All" when participating and sharing with everyone. :smileyhappy: 

I'd also like to note that failure to abide by any of our guidelines, bullying, fighting, harassment or spam is not allowed and can lead to warnings, if not expulsions from our community. 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Welcome-Getting-Started/BeautyTalk-Guidelines/m-p/21/highlight/true#...

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
makeupobesessed

Thank you Diana.  I apologize for any trouble.  I love BT!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Everyone has their own opinion and if someone doesn't know how to use the search bar while there on here going to a totally different search engine doesn't make sense either.

beautylovingirl

@makeupobesessed- Well that's just your opinion but to me there's no sense in having a dead thread. I never said BT belonged to be but I'm an active contributor so I think I have the right to express my opinion and dead threads or duplicate threads are not necessary. And it's not about new people asking  a question they can ask anything but they still can take the time to research when the option is there.

makeupobesessed

This forum has moderators for a reason.  They are the ones who enforce the rules and such. Every time I get on here, I have to read how there was some injustice done to you on BT.  Is it really that serious?  Just don't look at the dead threads. Its uninviting to new people if they are made to feel as if they are doing something wrong.  Maybe some do not see the search option at first, or are not as tech/blog savvy.  

At the end of the day, does it REALLY matter?  BT is supposed to be fun, and if I want to create a post that may or may not be a duplicate in your eyes, I will because as you said, we are all members and entitled to our opinions.  I personally like to get some new peoples opinions that may not have been on at the time the question was originally asked.  

Again, a PM would be nice.  I dont like public drama nor do I appreciate being called out.  I am not an attention seeker.

makeupobesessed

Full size 4.22 oz @ $54

Sample size .84 oz = $10.75

Correct?

Yay to me and my math skils!!!  I mean beautytesters math skills ;-)

ChicDabbler

You got it! lol. =D

makeupobesessed

It was worth a promo code then...I would've selected it regardless, and I never really base what code Im going to use on this formula, but someone had recently done the same to another product and it made me think about it.  I just try and either chose a promo I really want a sample of, or if there isn't one I'm dying for, I chose whatever seems the most interesting, or a VIB code.

Thats why I really love VIB codes, the sample is usually bigger that a BI promo...with the exception of VIBEMERALD--an empty bag!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

I feel like I hit the jackpot with the Origins Plantscription eye cream for VIB code, but other than that there isn't much difference between VIB and really good BI code. I wish vibemerald was the bag + one pantone emerald mini/deluxe sample item. =/

Lol! glad to know I'm not the only one who has dead thread sometimes. I try not to get butthurt, and sometimes I get more/better response when posting it again, or when someone else posted (the hair thread =X). I also find the BeautyTalk search toolbar a bit clumsy at times, Google actually is better sometimes when I'm trying to find things on BT. =)

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Lol, yay math! If the full size is $X for Yoz, and the sample is Z oz, then:

(X/Y)*Z = $ value of the sample.

=). Sometimes you can see the sample size when add to cart, or when clicking on it and enlarging the image, or find a picture/image of it in email on google and look at fine print on the bottom.

makeupobesessed

Thanks beauty tester, I am going to try it and see if I was correct...or I will try it when my brain is ready.  work all day makes my brain not work until Ive had time to regroup in the evening.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 38 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • dianabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • makeupobesessed
    • beautylovingirl