aviscardi

Using a dabber fragrance vial in a travelo? or atomizer

Has anyone found a way to use a fragrance thats in a dabber without a spray.... like transferring it to a travelo or something similar?

I have a see by chloe vial thats a decent size but i hate using dabbers

dannyc

Re: Using a dabber fragrance vial in a travelo? or atomizer

[ Edited ]

I did it with a trial bottle of burberry brit. It works fine as long as everything is screwed on properly, even then I still get some leakage. I have the different Sephora brand ones (the old one that looked like a tube & the new travelo knock-off) both leak. The last time I was traveling I thought I was set for perfume, until I opened the pouch where I keep them & everything had a dry white film (alcohol?) & the atomizer was empty :smileysad:
I personally love dabbers & get a sense of that glamorous old Hollywood feel whenever I use one.

*Edit* & I was finally able to post my comment without getting an error message! 

mafan

(0) Hearts

I have a number of them.  They're great for samples that don't have a spray or to carry along a favorite fragrance. 

The only one Laura showed seems useful to fill, but the one that I had (and I don't remember if it's this one or one that they carried before, sorry) leaked out of the filling part, so be sure that everything is tightened up properly.  (Silly me, it had my extra special fragrance in it that I wanted to wear to a wedding and which I had filled 6 months earlier.  I forgot to check it before we left.  Lucky me, I didn't put too much into it!)  I have several that came in earlier fragrance sets and I love them for travel or for using sample vials of a fragrance I like.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Sephora brand? A lot of reviews seem to say that they leak

beautytester

(0) Hearts

I saw that, too. I have 2 old ones, one of them I put in purse and it doesn't leak. Haven't tried the other one. o.O

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I tried some of the previous Sephora brand ones and had problems with leakage.  I often wondered if I was doing something wrong...

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Aviscardi, check out our atomizers, they're perfect for what you're looking for, and great for travel too!

Sephora Collection Silver Universal Atomizer

Sephora Silver Universal Atomizer.jpg

http://bit.ly/K4ZKdp

:smileyhappy: -Laura

aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

ok so i see in the 3rd description it lets you pour perfume straight into it?

Ive looked into this but there seems to be a lot of reviews about it leaking or evaporating, spilling etc. and i guess you can only fill it but not like you would with a "travelo"?

annonymous1

no you have to spray your perfume into the bottom of the base, it gets really messy

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • dannyc
    • aviscardi
    • annonymous1
    • beautytester
    • mafan
    • starletta8