1Emily

Two questions: BRONZER AND MOISTURIZER!

First, can anyone recommend a good cool-toned contouring bronzer for very fair skin?

Second, I thought I'd get a jump start into next season's skin care and find out about deep moisturizers. I have oily skin, but in the winter, I get dry, flaky patches to go with it. I've been using an Aveeno moisturizer with salicylic acid since maybe this spring. It works alright to retain general moisture, but I wouldn't say it mattifies (it may even make the situation worse) OR really takes care of those dry patches, but I've been using it at night since it doesn't help keep me matte. Should I find a deep moisturizer for winter nights? Or should I stick with light formulas?

kenny

Re: Two questions: BRONZER AND MOISTURIZER!

I reccomend Sephora Collection Bronzer in Los Cabos. It's relatively inexpensive, and does have some gray in it so it will be more flattering for lighter skin and for contouring. It actually reminds me a bit of TooFaced Milkchocolate Bronzer.

As far as moisturizer goes, unless you have extreme acne (which you should go to a derm for), I highly recommend not using a moisturizer with salicylic acid. Although it can mattify, it tends to be too harsh and cause dry patches in more sensitive areas on your face. I also recommend Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, it's light enough for oily skin, while still being moisturizing.

clarks18

I have skin just like your's very fair and oily.  For contouring/bronzing I have two different products that I use.  I just rotate between the two because I like them both.  I use the Too Faced Solei Bronzer in Milk Chocolate.  It can be a little dark but if you take the time to blend it it looks good.  I also use a blush by MAC called Baby Don't Go.  It's a cool tone taupey/brownish color.  I kind of like the MAC one a little better I feel like it looks more natural on me.  The Too Faced one is a little too warm.  

Moisturizer I use Clinique Dramatically Different Gel for day.  For night I use another Clinique product called Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer.  They have two different formulas.  One for oily skin and one for dry.  You would want the one for skin types 3,4 which is the more oily skin.  This night time moisturizer is great in the winter and summer months.  I've been using mine since January and I love it.  I wake up in the morning and my skin doesn't feel like a grease pit.  I hope you find some products that work great for you!  

1Emily

I've been using a travel size Chocolate Soleil I got for Christmas, and I've been finding that, like you, it is a little warm. I'll check the Mac one out, thanks!

I've thought about Clinique, but after I tried their Superbalanced foundation, I really wasn't impressed with the brand. Perhaps I shall give them another try!

maltipoo66

Hi!  I don't have a similar skin type so I can't recommend a moisturizer, but for a bronzer for contouring fair skin, the Tarte matte waterproof bronzer is perfect:

http://www.sephora.com/matte-waterproof-bronzer-P262113

1Emily

(0) Hearts

I've thought about that one, maybe I'll get it! Thanks! :smileyhappy:

kissenmakeup

I suggest the TOO FACED Milk Chocolate Soleil for very fair skinned gals <3 

Moisturizer- Clinique Dramatically Different Gel works for my oily combination skin =) I have oily but can get some dry and flaky patches from skin treatment, I always stick with light formulas.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • kenny
    • maltipoo66
    • clarks18
    • 1Emily
    • kissenmakeup