asenada

Trouble finding the right coverage/shade/spf combination for foundation or bb cream

I keep trying different BB creams cause I'm looking for matte finish, medium (or more) coverage, broad spectrum SPF (25 or higher) and a shade that works for me.

Smashbox BB Cream (Fair) is GREAT in everything but the shade. It's just tad too light and the other shades are too yellow. Dr Brandt BB Matte (light to medium) is too orange.

Any recommendations? THanks!

asenada

Re: Trouble finding the right coverage/shade/spf combination for foundation or bb cream

(0) Hearts

I went in yesterday to try some out. Stila color was a little off - a bit on the orange side. Got a sample of Tarte 12-hr and the color is good. transfers easily though.

ellevee09

Re: Trouble finding the right coverage/shade/spf combination for foundation or bb cream

I had made it my mission to find the perfect BB Cream and I tried so many but I kept coming back to Stila stay all day 10in1. I don't know what it is but when I let it set, my face looks flawless. I don't even need a finishing powder. Its perfect for me. I have combination skin and I'm not a big fan of the dewy finish. Go to Sephora and get a sample. Its the Silver one. I hope you find one that you like, hun. :smileyhappy:

STILABB.JPG

orkira

(0) Hearts

I personally wouldn't get the Dior Nude one as it is def. not a matte finish (at least on me it's not) the Tarte BB one however on me is def. matte.  I use both and I like both but if I had to pick one to get I'd get the Tarte one as it has more coverage then the Dior and you are looking for a matte finish.  I would recommend putting a moisturizer on prior to putting the Tarte BB cream on as it can be a little bit drying without.

carolang

Try the Tarte 12 Hour BB primer in Light! The coverage is enough to cover all the acne marks/redness on my face. I blend with a Real Techniques buffing brush (<$10 at Ulta!). It's matte but not too flat. It's got a nice silky texture being a primer. Not enough coverage? Some people I know like to dust a powderfoundation over it lightly. It is SPF 30. It's the second color level. My skin is very oily and it chews through foundation but this doesn't break down on me. Be sure to moisturize well underneath. Good luck!

asenada

(0) Hearts

I'll go in and try it. but isn't BB supposed to moisturize? So it does sound like this kind is drying then like reviewers say? still worth a try.

ezinabee

(0) Hearts

I really like the Tarte BB Treatment. The coverage isn't medium though, unless you really pile it on, so I wouldn't get it. Seeing as you've been having issues with BBs being too yellow, I would guess that you have pink undertones, and if I were you, I would avoid bobbi brown. Their foundations and powders always look very yellow. I would probably try Dr. Jart BB creams. The coverage is wonderful, although I don't recall exactly how matte they look. 

-Elina

michmo

(0) Hearts

I agree with laurabt about the Tarte BB Tinted Treatment if the shade is good.  I find it to be relatively matte--(satin), it gives good coverage for a BB.  

But I also wanted to add that I didn't love the application at first when I was using my fingers.  I switched to a brush and think it is absolutely great now.  So I recommend using a brush with it.  

laurabt

Hi Asenada,

Take a look at Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in 01

Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30.jpg

Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen in Fair or Light

Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen.jpg

Diorskin Nude BB Creme, Light 001

Diorskin Nude BB Creme.jpg

:smileyhappy: -Laura

asenada

(0) Hearts

Thanks, Laura,

I tried the Clinique at the store. The scent is too strong.

I haven't tried that particular Tarte BB, but the bad reviews put me off.

The Dior Nude is not enough SPF.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • ellevee09
    • carolang
    • orkira
    • michmo
    • laurabt
    • ezinabee
    • asenada
Photos4
  • Diorskin Nude BB Creme.jpg
  • Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen.jpg
  • Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30.jpg
  • STILABB.JPG