ChicDabbler

Train case, worth it?

[ Edited ]

I've been wanting a Sephora train case for a while but they are soooooo expensive! I've seen people on here talking about Caboodle, which is much cheaper (but not as pretty in my opinion). Are the Sephora ones more sturdy? out of better material? I saw this and I'm tempted....SO tempted.....

s1572700-main-hero.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/embossed-traincase-pink-quilted-P383449?skuId=1572700

(Personally I prefer a color other than pink. I used to be more tomboy and angsty, but BT has made me more mellow and all pink and girly...)

Persuade/dissuade me. >.<

lylysa

Re: Train case, worth it?

It was from a while back so the powder is pretty settled in :smileytongue:

Not to mention the powder happened to smudge when my case was closed (shadow cracked and made its way out of the case and onto the inside of the train case) and with it jingling around for a while I wasn't able to just lift it on a surface level.

gongju87

I have a huge black train case I bought from Ulta, I think it was made by caboodles. Anyways it is the same size as the Sephora cases, much cheaper, but good quality; I bought it 3 years ago and it is still holding up! I do have to agree that Sephora's designs are cuter (that pink is fab), but mine is plain black and was worth the cost savings.

That being said, there is not a train case, unless it was a stacked roller case, that is big enough for all my makeup now, lol So now, I'm interested in getting an icebox like container. I'll keep my train case though for transport purposes :smileyhappy:

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Well, I decided I definitely want a Sephora traincase. Thanks to bratknits for the tip off about the one in the sales section! 

Now the difficult part begins, lol. I need to decide if I want to get the one on sale right now or wait for the pink one (it's makeup, go pink/shiny/girly or go home, so to speak). I'm giving myself until tomorrow to decide, and hopefully the $10 tweezerman tweezer come back in stock too.......am I hoping too much? lol. *fingers crossed*

QueenofKings25

I love my Sephora train case. I have one in chocolate brown mock croc and it allows me to organize all my makeup in one spot, which is great if you live an apartment with one small bathroom. I find the Sephora train case much sturdier than a Caboodles, and in the long run I think it will last looking better longer. And I just saw that Sephora has some on sale this morning. So you should be persuaded. 

ry22

I have a train case, but recently I've been eyeing the eDivas because they seem a lot better organized, like everything in one place. There are probably clear, acrylic draws for cheaper too if you look.

upload_1362852911828981148.jpg

kittichick

Ooh, yes please! I am all about the clear. i want to see everything in there!!

bratknits

There's one in the sale section this morning for $55.00.

Bumblee

[ Edited ]

upload_3942079772731399906.jpg

I went O.M.G. with jaw-dropping action and all when I saw it in the sale section this morning LOL This studded beauty is the exact traincase I have been eyeing! Needless to say I immediately snagged it (and used the new SEVENDAYS Lancome promo code). So excited!

lilyyy

I strongly dislike fabric covered train cases. Spill any powdery product and your case becomes a horrible mess. I would prefer metal or plastic shelves for easy cleaning and sanitizing.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Question if you know a Sephora train case. Is any part of it metal? I know the inside is plastic, what about the shell? or at least the frame/edge?

DTalksAll

I have a plain black one from Sephora. The corners & clips are metal. I'm honestly unsure what the actual train case it made out of though. If I had to guess I'd say the outside is a hard plastic, but I don't think it's metal. 

Are you looking for something that is all metal? 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I'm looking for something that is durable. I know the inside inserts are foam/plastic I think, but at the very least the frame should be metal. If the shell is metal that's a plus, quality plastic is also ok, cardboard or something is not (actually no part of it should ever be cardboard).

SirenPrincess

swfupload_6204612051088379907.jpg

There are some really pretty caboodle ones out there.  Check Target or Meijer and see what you think of those. If you still feel they look cheap and you want more, then get the Sephora one.

warriorwitch

I'm kinda liking the new glitter one they have, but I would want to see it in person first with that kinda price tag.

chitwngrl

I bought mine off of ebay almost 10 years ago and it still works and looks great! I'm in the market for a smaller one and was looking at the ones at Ulta.

friedrice

I bought my sephora traincase last Aug, and I LOVE it! . I did looked at the caboodle ones from ulta and did not like it because it looks like just cardboard covered with fabric and doesnt look sturdy enough for me. The Sephora one looks more sturdy and would last longer  and i like that I can move the dividers/slots.

I think it is really worth the investment. I have been wanting to get this traincase for 3 years now and finally bought one and very happy with it :smileyhappy:

thesupergirl

I have one last year that looks almost identical. I like it it study and has lots of room.

iknowitstoday

[ Edited ]

I got the on that went on sale (I think I snagged it for 25) I hated the pattern on it ikat/Vegas Aqua orange and punk tribal and if I didn't get if for so cheap I would have returned it gasp I know BUT ONLY BECAUSE the closure is UNDER the handle and a bit annoying but these new ones have the clasps on either side of the handle which I love! It's cushioned and roomy and I love it! If you don't like it wait and hope that it will go on sale

-love the girl that only shops in the sale section (almost)

PS IT GREW ON ME AND NOW I LOVE THE PATTERN!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Oh I saw that on sale and hated the pattern too! If I'm paying that much for it I want it to last, and if it's gonna last a long time it better be something I love. I'm tempted to wait until it goes on sale, but if I missed it before it goes out of stock.....well, I guess I can always hope they have patterns I like next year.

warriorwitch

I dunno about the Sephora ones, but I have looked at the Caboodles and the other brands they have at Walmart/Target and they just don't feel very sturdy. I got lucky and found some vintage luggage train cases at the local thrift stores and thats what I use to store my makeup. Unfortunately they don't offer as much organization, but a couple of full mirrors on the lid and I draw all over them with Sharpie/paint markers so they are not an eye sore. :smileyvery-happy:

My advice would be to troll your local thrift stores for train cases and tool boxes if your concern is sturdy. I saw a really nice black and grey vintage Caboodle (late 80s to early 90s, the big plastic ones) but I didn't get it because I was getting things for my house. I wish I would have got that instead because it was awesome! Those old plastic Caboodles were the best!

nebel

I have had my sephora train case for almost a decade, and it looks as good as it does the day I got it.   I dragged it back and forth from dorms, to concerts, to weddings, on vacations...  I say it is totally worth the investment.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 46 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • marydiva
    • friedrice
    • lilyyy
    • ry22
    • lylysa