mommyto4

Tons of Samples

Please tell me I am not alone. I just got done cleaning out my bathroom closet and I have an embarrassing amount of samples.  Just an estimation but I think I have like 50 foil packs and around 30 deluxe samples of a wide variety of face products.  I basically order exclusively online, with every order I pick my 3 free samples and ALWAYS use a code for a deluxe sample.  I probably order 3 times a month but I have placed up to 8 orders in a single month.  I am constantly using my samples so I never get around to using the full size products I have bought.  But I always have more samples coming in, I feel like I make no progress on using them up.  I also feel like its wasteful to not use them or to not order them.  Anyone else with this problem??

lowrah

Re: Tons of Samples

I have a whole train case full of samples. If I were to get any more, I'd have to get a new method of storage.. and that's AFTER having cleaned out a bunch and gave my sister, sister-in-law, and my brother's girlfriend a ton of samples. 

I am starting to use some of them though.

violalea

mommyto4,

You are definitely NOT alone :smileywink:

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I have 4 bags full of samples!  I use them on occasion but I feel that I'm not even scratching the surface.  I give some to friends but they don't use them either because they feel that they can't afford them and they stick to the drugstore brands which isn't bad but I always say that if something will work better, then take it.  I'm especially bad with the perfume samples.  I take a wiff and if I like it, I put it away and buy the full sized version instead of finishing off the sample.  I'm trying to be better about the perfume samples...

DTalksAll

In the process of packing & moving. I had samples stashed EVERYWHERE! I never touch them, but I should start. i started a pile/bag of items I absolutely will not use to donate to a Women's Shelter or to give away to friends/family. 

I'm also going to cancel my ipsy bag & Sample Society box. I've been subscribing for over a year to both & still haven't found a HG product out of them. The bags are adorable, and the boxes are good for organizing... but I don't use the samples. 

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

What does HG stand for?

orkira

(0) Hearts

HG = Holy Grail

starletta8

I just gave my mother a bag of samples with her Mothers Day gift- and she's over the moon. I think I'm Going to keep doing that...

brennn

I have lots of deluxe sized samples from perks/codes/GWPs/subscription boxes but I consider some of them to be almost like full size items since they take a considerable time to use up. For example, the deluxe sample of Benefit Girl Meets Pearl that came in one of the Benefit kits is 10 ml, the full size I bought is 12 ml. No wonder I felt it was taking me foreverrrrr to work though the DS tube!

I am pretty good at using up the foil sachets & perfume vials as they come in though. I save a few for overnight trips, but for the most part I use them up so they don't accumulate. Right now I'm trying to fit my necessary cream & liquid products in the 1 qt bag allowed for carry-on on planes & wishing I had saved a few more sachets!

kd006

[ Edited ]

I have multiple bags of samples but it is not nearly as bad as it used to be.. I used to be a sample junkie. Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of samples. So, since I had so many samples, I decided to go on a no-buy for the products I had samples for. Ex. I had about 30 little packets of cleanser. No more full sized cleansers for me! I had about 10 moisturizers- No more moisturizer for me! Until I used up my samples in that category, then i couldn't use my full sized products or buy any new products of that item. It really helped me to de-clutter and also find some favorites and not so favorites!

Also, everytime I travel, I never bring full sized items. I will bring mini shampoos and mini conditioners from sample sizes. Foil packets of moisturizer and cleanser. Anything I can, I bring samples.

sephoramusthave

I actually don't have very many left. I have a handful of deluxe samples and one packet. I only keep the ones that I know I will use, the rest I give away :smileyvery-happy:

Daniela1387

I love love love samples!!! I collect them like ppl collect baseball cards lol but realistically I rarely use any of them mostly because a lot that I've gotten are skin care samples I don't like experimenting with new things on my face makeup yes moisturizers, scrubs and stuff like that noooo thank you. I think I'm going to start only getting samples of things I actually will try if only sephora gave me a wider selection of makeup samples to choose from :/

brittieeee

You're not alone - I collect bags of samples!  But I don't have them that long - when I have a girls night I bring my "my bag" (or bags) and my friends joke "so what fell off the truck this week?"lol I then dump everything on the table and they have at it. 

rezraveillation

I wish I had that problem! I adore samples because I'm adventurous I guess. Who wants to send 'em to me! Lol....I just got 5 today actually....going to use my sample of the bareminerals wrinkle cream tonight :smileyhappy:

quenbee

Nope you are definitely not alone.  My samples seems to multiply very quickly!  One time I had so many I gave them to a friend who does charity work.  her and her husband do a toys for tots type thing during the holiday.  She made up little goodie bags for the teen age girls and Moms!  All those samples would have probably gone to waste if she hasn't taken them. I feel so guilty if I have to throw them out because some of those samples are for expensive stuff! Just a thought -  if you have a lot and you don't want them, you could donate to your local shelter, they are always in need of personal care items for the residents.  

katie1724

(0) Hearts

You're not alone! I always hang onto samples, thinking I might try them someday, but I rarely ever actually try new skincare products (with the exception of a few). I have a giant shopping bag of samples that I feel too guilty to throw away, but I'm realistically not going to use them, either... :smileytongue:

consolvo

After Christmas I started a personal campaign to actually USE the samples. I've been doing pretty well, but part of the strategy is to keep them in plain sight. It works, but is a bit messy!

So funny that I sometimes pore over the sample options for 30 mins looking at reviews, etc., then I just toss them aside like they are nothing! :smileyhappy:

Just got 5 more today....

keelybt

Hi Mommyto4 I'm the same way!  I love the samples but a lot of the time never get around to using them.  I will sometimes include them in gifts for people who would enjoy them.

sephoralovex

My sample draw is always getting full. Seems like i'm adding more and more non-stop. But I dont mind since I always use my samples. Well the majority of them. And there are ones i will leave alone in case when im traveling, so ill be able to take with me. 

I'm glad my draw isn't empty.. since I love samples so much! Haha

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 30 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex