The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

(0) Hearts

IMG_5198.PNG

Has anyone tested this Nuxe Delicious Fragrant water? I'm keen to buy some but have no idea of the scent.

Further questions in the self-tanner products- does anyone know of a good spray self tanner that doesn't smell?  I've tried the mousse ones and they leave a weird network pattern on this one spot on my leg (I've tried exfoliating that spot extra and it still does this, I have a couple of wrinkles there and I think that's what's causing this). I use GloFusion spray self tanner but it's been discontinued for ages and I'm about out of my stash.

TYIA!

(0) Hearts

Does anyone here have to deal with having dry eyes? I'm going to have it checked out next week, but I'm terribly worried they will tell me to stop wearing eye makeup. 

(0) Hearts

I only do for a few weeks during the spring when allergy season kicks up around here in California. I hope your doctor gives you some good advice or treatments! 

[ Edited ]

@purly

I suffer from chronic dry eyes.  My eyes were intolerant of wearing contact lenses, and that caused it.  Then I had lasik about 8 years ago and that made it worse (lasi entirely worth it though, becasue I blame contacts for all of my mess).

I had my tear ducts plugged, but to no avail.  I wasn't keen to use medication because if there is anybody that would react poorly - I would be that person.  

I am able to manage it with constant use of eye drops.  I absolutely don't mind doing that.  

The eyes feel worst after waking up, or in windy seasons etc..  I have a dropper bottle by the bedside and apply immediately.  I keep a bottle everywhere.

I use preservative free drops.  There are many brands, but I have been using GenTeal.  I buy the ones for moderate to severe dry eyes.  There is also a gel/cream - I use that on some bad days.

If you check the ingredients, you can find a Walgreens brand similar to GenTeal.  

P.S:

Also - I don't wear eye makeup.  But its not entirely because my eyes are sensitive. Partly.  I wear very simple makeup looks, I am lazy, I touch my eyes and face ALL the time, and I have gotten used to my face without eye makeup.  I can wear eye makeup infrequently, it is a question of if I want to.  When I wear traditional clothes I wear eye makeup. So hopefully this doesn't stop you.

(0) Hearts

OK. I plan to use whatever treatment my doctor prescribes. I have been using some visine drops advertised as being for dry eyes morning and night, but hopefully the doctor recommends something better because they aren't really working. I feel like if I did stop wearing eye makeup, I might want to use the drops more. How frustrating.

@purly I have been suffering from dry eyes for about 25 years. I wish that I could offer a real solution but have been unable to find one that really works. I have heard about multiple possible causes but found no solutions. You will not have to stop wearing eye makeup so do not worry.

I believe that I may have caused my own problems by dying my eyelashes when I was younger. 

(0) Hearts

It's a relief to hear so many people say I can keep wearing my eye makeup.

(0) Hearts

Systane or refresh eye drops. There is even over the counter eye ointment you can put in the evening before bed. I started restasis a few months ago to help with dry eye. There is also Xiidra eye drops. You could ask your Dr. To prescribe either. They have discounts cards which saves a lot of the copay. $30 for my restasis monthly which last much longer than a month. @purly

(0) Hearts

Are the prescription ones really better than the over the counter ones? I've been using over the counter drops. I plan to just do whatever my doctor says.

(0) Hearts

I have dry eyes sometimes, I would try eye drops.  In my case at least it isn't due to makeup or a condition so its just something I deal with. @purly

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I already do eye drops twice a day and it isn't really enough.

I guess if they tell me I can't wear eye makeup, I'll have to figure out a routine without it.

(0) Hearts

@purly If they give you any great advice, could you share it with me? I have extremely dry eyes and contacts have become very uncomfortable. Thank you! 

(0) Hearts

@pinyo

My GP referred me to an ophthalmologist (not an optometrist) for a full eye exam. Also, I have to stop using the eye drops I'm using and use the ones by a brand called Refresh. Four times a day for a week, then if it seems to be working, twice a day, and then after another week I can go down to once a day. I guess sometimes it resolves on its own if you use eye drops properly and regularly. Also, evidently, I was applying the ones I was using wrong (you have to drop it in, close your eye, and then move your eye around in a bunch of different directions inside the socket with the lid closed so the lubricant gets spread around).

(0) Hearts

Thank you @purly! I'm gonna try this out. Fingers crossed it helps! I hope it works for you too!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thoughts on the Milk Makeup Cooling Water Stick? I'm maybe wanting to get one to bring on a camping trip next month. 

Also any product recommendations on keeping skin hydrated in crazy hot weather? Things I should pack?

(0) Hearts

I havn't tried this exact product so take my opinion with a grain of salt but, I find that with cooling products its just something that's cooling at the time you put it on.  They are soothing but only cool for a few minutes.  If you are going back out in the sun/heat you will get hot again.  I think this would be nice for camping since its travel friendly being in a stick form. 

I go to humid places often and always choose facial sprays or gel moisturizers.  They are soothing and cooling for a bit and don't feel heavy on the skin which makes me sweat and feel gross.  I really like the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Drink of H2O moisturizer and the Marine Boosting Spray. @StephaniLynn

(0) Hearts

@sydtomato I'm thinking of taking my Mario Badescu Aloe Cucumber Green Tea spray to keep in the ice chest, I have a gel formula moisturizer I use everyday, the Belief Aqua Bomb. Its already getting to 114 degrees outside so I'm wanting to pack for all the moisture/cooling I can get lol. 

(0) Hearts

I like it well enough. It seems like a solid serum, though it's not as hydrating as most serums.

(0) Hearts

@purly do you think it will do a good job at keeping my skin cool and hydrated in hot weather?