The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I have a couple questions for you Sephora Rouge / VIB BTers Smiley Happy

I've never been Rouge/VIB and I know most of the people on this forum are.  I do love Sephora, but I do almost all of my beauty shopping at Ulta because of the better gwps / rewards program.  (I love to redeem some 2,000 points lol) They're also closer to me location wise.  

I purchased a Sephora Play subscription this year to try and encourage me to shop more at Sephora and so far I've enjoyed my subscription.  I have also loved loved loved finding this community and am so glad I did.  I am getting somewhat close to becoming VIB thanks to Sephora play and those purchases every month.

sorry for rambling, my main questions are is Sephora Flash worth it?  Do you find that it does stick pretty well to the two day shipping?    I have some serious frustrations with the Sephora website, and I love Ulta but absolutely hate the 50$ buy in for free shipping (even for platinum members) and for 10$ to get fast shipping and no minimum for a year sounds almost too good to be true.  Just curious about yalls experiences with it.

also, there's a part of me that feels like maybe I'm just missing something about the Sephora VIB / Rouge rewards program.  What are the handpicked gifts?  Do they mail you random goodies?  

Is there a lot of other really good benefits to the rewards program that I'm missing?

I logged in just to answer your question @CaityLaine lol. Honestly, rouge is a joke!!! It actually upsets me quite a bit that we spend so much money and don't get many notable perks about VIB/rouge who have a much lower spending requirement/none at all. 

As for the flash shipping. It's been slipping for the past half year ish (maybe longer). It use to arrive on the second day from when I get the ship email, but now it arrives on the third day. Before, flash use to say arrives within 2 days, but I think they changed it to "2-3" days because they were slipping. I'm one of those people that absolutely despises paying shipping and would likely say F shopping at X place because of it, but I definitely would pay for flash. To me, $10 for an entire year is fairly nominal and although it isn't necessary to get your items that much faster, it definitely is really awesome. Plus, you can just spend required amount for the gwp (usually $25), instead of $50 to qualify for free shipping 

(0) Hearts

@pinyo

aww thanks for responding ! Smiley Happy

That's so funny because I actually feel the same way.  I made a comment in another thread a little while ago that I feel like it's against my religion to pay for shipping!! Lol.  Ulta just has me sucked in so strong with their rewards program. Lol.  I'm going to give flash a try because even if I only place 3-5 orders a year it'll really be worth it plus likely save me money in the long run.  

I really really really wish Sephoras rewards program was better.  I'm hoping they'll maybe begin to model it more like after Ultas but idk if I see that happening.  Thanks again Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I'm from Canada and just discovered Ulta last weekend in a mall on the other side of the boarder. It angered me so much because I spend thousands of dollars at Sephora every year and have like 14000 Sephora points because there is never anything decent to spend them on. The rewards bazaar is a joke.. the cool thing they have in it here or there, there is often only one or two of them for the whole country. When i saw ultras 2000 point= 125 dollars in free make up I was shocked. Given 14000 points is 875 bucks in free make up and they carry most of the brands I use .... also most of the time in the store they don't even give you cool samples- the birthday gift isn't unique. The beauty ppl are always so busy I never use my unlimited make up applications and my shipping always takes days to ship out let alone get to me from the other side of the country. Honestly... the only things I ever really benefit from is the occasional Vib rouge event at stores and the free shipping with no minimum. I also have 2 lipsticks from bite that were rouge exclusive.. not very exclusive if you ask me...

[ Edited ]

Flash shipping is totally worth the $10!!!!  

Sadly, handpicked gifts are as true as Bigfoot.  

I think they really mean......those Rouge only G-W-P-urchase.

@wheeeee

I've always questioned what the 'handpicked gifts' are and have never received a straight answer from any of SAs that I'ved asked lol....thanks for clearing that up.  I thought maybe it was the exclusive rouge / vib only items that were for sale?  But that didn't make any sense to me since they're not 'gifts' lol

I think I've decided to try flash out if for nothing else the Sephora exclusive items that I want.  thanks for your input Smiley Happy

Flash shipping is a great perk. If I weren't Rouge I would definitely pay the fairly nominal fee for a year of Flash shipping. Just understand that it's not two days from the time you hit "submit" on your order; it's two days from when your order leaves the warehouse. That being said, I have to hand it to Sephora that over the past year (for me anyway) my orders have been shipping much more quickly - within a day or less in most cases. I'd say 95% of the time I get my delivery in the stated two days. I live in Los Angeles and get my deliveries from Sephora from onTrac and they kinda stink but they deliver on Saturdays, which is great. Not sure if UPS does that, which I think services other areas of deliveries. The interminable wait for shipping with Ulta is probably the main reason I don't shop there. 

@starsandbucks

thanks for sharing your opinion with me.  I've seen a lot of people having issues with it lately so I started second guessing getting it.  10$ isn't much for me to try it and if it's not for me, I'm not out much.  I live in Florida and Ulta is generally pretty quick getting to me,  I just loatheeeee the 50$ for minimum shipping.  The no minimum is more important to me than the speed necessarily so even if flash isn't the quickest it'll probably be worth it.  thanks again Smiley Happy

@CaityLaine I shop mostly ulta too, but I sprung for Flash before making rouge last year. Totally worth it to get a year of free shipping, no minimum, for $10. I'm mostly stalking sale stuff here at Sephora, so not having a minimum purchase requirement is such a nice feeling. 

But...two day shipping is a joke lately, so don't count on it to be fast. Most of my orders sit for 3, 4, 5, or even more days before shipping out. Frustrating, but at least it's free...

Ulta has a better rewards program for sure, but they make up for it by making you spend $50. I have a feeling that if they ever decided to offer some sort of shipping perk like sephora does, they'd have to pay for it by cutting back the rewards...and no one wants that lol. So I get what I can at ulta for the rewards, but I know that even if I don't rerouge, I'd likely pay for flash again if I ever saw myself making more than a couple of small orders at Sephora.

@RGbrown

thanks for your opinion Smiley Happy 

The no minimum is more important to me than the speed so it may be worth it for me to just try it out especially since 10$ isn't a lot honestly.  I will likely use it the same way you do, for sale items or Sephora exclusive stuff.  I saw a bunch of people having issues with flash so I started second guessing if it was worth it.  thanks again Smiley Happy

It's one of the best things about Sephora imo! The Flash shipping basically changed my life because I do a lot of online shopping and I'm impatient. I remember when I first subscribed at VIB.. and it pushed me to Rouge so quickly 😞

It's like Amazon Prime, but for high end beauty products, although sometimes it's a bit slower than 2 days. I honestly think it's worth it if you're planning on shopping at Sephora consistently. 

@myumew

thanks for replying and your opinion!  Smiley Happy

I may try it out for a year even if I only use it for Sephora exclusive items and brands.  10$ isn't too much to be out if I don't like it.  The no minimum is more important to me than the speed although I like the speed Smiley Happy haha

thanks again!

@CaityLaine I've had Flash shipping for a little over 2 years now and I signed up for it even before I made VIB (and subscribing to the Play box is the main reason I even made VIB Smiley Happy). I honestly do think that it is worth it, especially since most promos are redeemable with $25/$35 of merchandise. I tend to buy smaller items, so I prefer to make my orders hit the promo minimums exactly without purchasing $50 of merchandise every time to get free shipping. I think that if you plan on making at least 3 orders for less than $50 within a year than it is definitely worth it because shipping would otherwise be about $15 for those three orders (and you would have only paid $10 for unlimited free shipping). It's also very convenient for when you just want to purchase one thing that's on sale (like the Formula X polishes) or when you want to get something cheap to redeem a point reward. 

In regards to the 2 day claim, I find that the majority of my orders do come within two days. They almost always ship the same day by UPS 2-day air and even when they ship by ground (nail polish/perfume) they usually arrive within 2-3 days. Lately, myself and others have had some problems with order processing taking 1 week plus, but I think they've fixed this now because I placed an order at about 3 AM last night and the shipping label was already created by 9 AM despite it being a weekend!

So, in conclusion, yes I would highly recommend Flash shipping even if your shopping at Sephora is minimal!!

@lippieaddict19

thanks for your advice!  I think I will give it a try atleast for a year, because even if I use it for Sephora exclusive items / brands it may be worth it to just have no minimum.  The speed isn't quite as important to me as it is to have no minimum.  $10 isn't that much that if I'm totally unhappy I'm not out much.

I just read a lot where people were pretty unhappy with it / having issues.  thanks again for your input Smiley Happy

@CaityLaine  Like you, I do the majority of my shopping at Ulta, for all the same reasons—better rewards, store proximity, etc.—but I do get the Flash shipping every year from Sephora.  I don't usually buy all that many items, but for the items Ulta doesn't carry (I'm a Bite Beauty sucker), I find it much more economical (since I don't feel pressured to buy stuff I might really like, but probably wouldn't buy, to meet free shipping minimums) to spend $10 a year for free shipping all year.  

(0) Hearts

@Harpier82

thanks for the  advice. Smiley Happy

I've seen a lot of people frustrated with flash lately, so I wasn't sure.  $10 isn't that much, so I may just try it for a year and see how it goes for me personally.  It seems like people have different experiences with it possibly depending on where they live maybe?  Idk, it's not too much for me to try it especially for Sephora exclusive brands / items like bite. and you're right, it will likely be more economical for me in the long run!  Thanks again Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, it seems the Ulta rewards program is so much better. I've actually been wanting to get into shopping more at Ulta personally. 

I definitely wouldn't recommend Sephora flash. A lot of people have had issues receiving their orders in speedy timing lately so I definitely wouldn't suggest paying for that Smiley Sad

They never send you random goodies which is a huge downfall. From what I understand, Ulta has the better rewards, benefits, and GWP @CaityLaine

Thank you @katgoulding Smiley Happy

That sucks!  It also seems like such a bloodbath to try and get any of the higher rewards at Sephora too.  I was hoping maybe I was just missing something.  I do think I'm going to try to make it a goal to become VIB this year, even if it's just from buying Sephora exclusive items.  I appreciate your input!   

1. What are everyone's favorite foot peel bootie masks?

2. Where can I get the best deal? 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@StephaniLynn My favorite is the Kokostar one. It peeled my soles beautifully. It costs $9 at Nordies, but you can order a 6pack from Amazon for $46 (the seller is Kokostar itself)

I tried the Tony Moly but I didn't feel it was as efficient. It seemed to peel more the top of the feet than the sole. 

I've found the Tony Moly foot masks to be highly effective. You can find them in package deals on Amazon. Otherwise Ulta sells them for around $7.