The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Hey @makeupobesessed! I use it and I think it does make a difference but I don't think you *need* the DevaCurl branded one.  It's essentially just a microfiber towel.  I use mine after I put in product to squeeze out any excess moisture and I find my hair isn't as frizzy if I use this instead of a regular terrycloth towel.  I have the old white version and it's pretty small, about the size of a kitchen hand towel, not sure if the new one is larger. Hope this helps!  

Thank you ladies...I can get a microfiber towel cheaper then the deva so Im off to get one...thanks for ur responses!

(0) Hearts

I just purchased shipping/tracking online and noticed the tracking slip has tomorrow's date on it (3/17). Do I have to drop off the package tomorrow, or can I wait until Monday? 

on a technicality, the PO wants the date to match up. BUT - they have become massively more lax about this with all the label printing that goes on in today's world. also don't forget that you can just leave those packages with your mailman, though there may be a scan delay

(0) Hearts

Thank you @gonerogue @Alicehoopz

@pinyo Sorry no one responded sooner! In my experience with eBay and purchasing postage online through them, I have to have it in the mailbox or post office on the date printed on the slip to guarantee that it gets to the buyer on time.

Just curious if anyone else ends up spraying their hair and shirt when using a setting spray. I love the idea of setting spray but hate the feeling of spraying my face which always leads to me wildly over spraying the entire perimeter of about a three foot radius around my head. 

Related: Has anyone tried the new GlamGlow setting spray yet? Unsurprisingly I go through setting spray really quickly and am getting low. 

(0) Hearts

Another option is to buy a super-cute showercap and just get in the habit of putting it on before doing your makeup. Then you can take it off after your setting spray is dried down and BOOM. Gorgeous.

(0) Hearts

@starsandbucks, the new setting spray I'm using gets on my hair and makes it sort of feel like I've sprayed hairspray on it. It makes me so sad ): 

XOXO,
Marieke

[ Edited ]

Ok, this sounds weird I know but what about using one of those tissue-type toilet seat covers? Stick your head in the hole there and then the "cover" part protects your hair and clothing. Sounds weird but then like it might work?

I like idea of repurposing things like that. @starsandbucks

@DiVWA OMG I love this idea! I am not above sticking my face in a toilet seat cover if it'll keep my hair and makeup looking better! I'm totally gonna snag a few from work (sshhhh) this week and give it a test run. No promises on the pics. Well, maybe pics. Smiley Very Happy

(0) Hearts

OMG  Please post pics!!!  lol

@starsandbucks, I'd love to learn if this would work for you. It seems workable but the tissue part may be too flimsy maybe so I'm super curious about it. But if it does work, what's great is the covers are disposable. Plus I'm sure that you could find a box to buy somewhere...

Bonus points if you post a photo of you doing that! 😂

@starsandbucks. I have not tried the Glamglow setting spray, but I feel your pain about getting setting spray on my hair - especially after I've just straightened it! Smiley Sad

How do people feel about the Perricone MD Plasma or Cold Plasma products?

I've never tried this brand's products, but in my never-ending quest to find the perfect skincare routine, I thought I might take advantage of some of the deep discounts on it during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty.  In particular, either the Plasma Essentials Set [below] or the Cold Plasma and Cold Plasma Sub-D duo [also below]?

http://www.sephora.com/the-plasma-essentials-P400106?skuId=1735109&icid2=products%20gridSmiley Tongue400106

http://www.sephora.com/cold-plasma-anti-aging-platinum-collection-face-neck-P399650?skuId=1735083&ic...Smiley Tongue

@Harpier82 I bought Blue Plasma a while back and it smelled like rancid chicken so I never used it again. I only used it for one night so I can't speak to how it worked for me but I feel like you can find better things out there for roughly the same price. Have you given Sunday Riley a go?

I had the Plasma Essentials kit, I thought it was a good set of products, and it seemed effective. I didn't buy it again because I wanted to try other things. So many products I want to try out still. But I would repurchase in future.

If you get it, I would recommend keeping the products away from sunlight and within normal "room temperature". Maybe ask a skincare consultant about whether they should be used up within a certain timeframe.

If I bought it again, I would look more into proper storage of the blue plasma cleanser -- mine went rancid after about 5-6 weeks.

@Harpier82

I agree with @gingerleigh I've used the Cold Plasma and it was nice, but I didn't repurchase as I wanted to try other things.

I agree with @somegirl123 that the smell could be off-putting.  I think it smells like chicken broth.

Can't speak for the other products but I have a deluxe of Cold Plasma from a promo awhile back. It's sitting mostly full because I can't get over the smell which lingers. Don't know how i'd describe it but others have said metallic and/or fishy. Find a tester first if you can!

Thanks @somegirl123 for that very sound advice.  I dropped by a store today to check them out in person.  While I'm willing to grant some leeway to testers that have been poked, sampled and left under the hot lights for weeks, these two were unusually unpleasant.  The regular plasma line smelled much nicer.  I think I might try those out.