The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

(0) Hearts

I would be very interested in a drugstore one. NYX has pretty good reviews overall. 

[ Edited ]

I hear KVD is coming out with one!

[ Edited ]

Yay! Good call on this one. I, too, always posted random questions in jemly's Random Thoughts : Beauty thread.

I love the curious puppies!!! My favorite is the little guy hiding in the very back, not participating. His name would be Voldy (Voldemort) because he doesn't play well with the other children.

And I don't use drugstore nail polish. The closest I get is Julep, and I only use their Oxygen treatments.

[ Edited ]

He who must not do tricks is my favorite too Smiley Very Happy 

... but can they all be my favorite?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Of course they can @KatieBT! As long as you have names for all of them. Smiley Wink 

Ready...............go!

Oh, oh! I need this thread! I've been trying to figure out where to ask this question for about a week now. So, here goes nothing.

I'm wanting to switch from a matte, full coverage foundation to a more natural, medium coverage foundation. (I have one in mind, but suggestions would be great too.) My question is: Right now, I use a beautyblender to apply my matte, full coverage foundation.  Would it apply too heavy if I kept using a bb to apply the new, natural & medium coverage foundation? Should I switch to a brush?

I agree, you can totally stick with the BB! and if applying the new foundation feels like it's too sheer, then try a brush!

I think the BB is actually giving you a lighter/sheered out coverage right? I thought the dampness of the sponge soaked up extra product that your skin doesn't need? I know when I try to apply a medium coverage foundation (currently the Stila aqua glow) with a brush it's too heavy, but it lighter and more comfortable with a damp BB. 

It also depends on the product and how it responds to different tools. Some light/medium products respond best with fingers. 

Oh, maybe. I've always felt like I get better coverage with my bb than I did when I used a brush with my full coverage foundations.

How do you feel about Stila aqua glow? It's one I've considered.

I really love it, but it's quite fussy. You have to shake it really well before using it, and be careful not to use too much or it will feel slippery and heavy. It applies best with a damp sponge, followed by fingers. It didn't look very good with a brush. If you're careful then it looks great and feels really comfortable. It covered any redness but not my freckles. It didn't feel sticky after it dried, so I think it will do well in the summer (probably not on extreme heat days though). I would not recommend it at all for oily skin though.

The lightest shade is a perfect match for me as well. I had looked at the Tarte rainforest foundation but the fair shade was too dark. 

(0) Hearts

I'll definitely look more into it and try to get a sample soon. I'm waiting until I run out of my current foundation, and I think I have a couple weeks left on it.  Thanks for the detailed info! I'll keep that in mind when I get my sample so I can get the best out of it.

I agree with Shannon. I like to use a damp beauty blender, and it applies really well with lighter foundations. You can try it out and see how it works for you, but I haven't had a problem Smiley Happy 

[ Edited ]

Hello etscore! My fav polish is Zoya, although not sure that's a drugstore polish. No fav shade though--too hard to choose.

My fav puppy is the one in front row with the white nose bridge and white chest.

Hi DivWA! How have you been? (Perfect example of a question that doesn't warrant a separate thread Smiley Happy)

[ Edited ]

My fave drug store polish is OPI Rich Girls and Po' Boys.  My fave puppy is Cecil, the one all the way on the right with the blue collar who seems the most confused as to what's going on.

I'm just here because wherever @etscore1 posts GIFs, I follow.

[ Edited ]

Same! I kind of got on someone for starting a similar thread months ago because I thought it was the whole point of BT.

But I can be totally won over by curious puppies.

(0) Hearts

Ironically, @Libellules, when I was trying to come up with a starter question, everything I came up with, I was all "Oooh, that should be its own thread... How about... No... That's another good one for a separate thread..." 

So yes, plenty of questions TOTALLY warrant their own thread... Smiley Very Happy 

Lol. If you google "question gif" there are just so many good ones. And that doesn't even include "head tilt puppy gif" results. Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]

LOL

This thread is so very much needed. 

And Wet n Wild has a great nail polish formula! So does Sinful colors Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

I wish I could give you like 5 hearts for this thread. It contains Lucille Bluth AND this sentence, "I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it..." Smiley Happy

Also, is this the kind of random question you mean? What kind of brush would I use with a highlighter (like one of the new Urban Decay ones)? A fan brush?