The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

(0) Hearts

adadadasdasda

(0) Hearts

Any of you guys ever received something you purchased online, but the item was used/defective? 

I just received a sephora favorites set that I purchased online. The sephora cardboard box is all sealed and taped up with packing tape and mailing sticker. But when I opened it, the SF set was in a weird wrinkled plastic bag. And when I took it out, I noticed the set been opened and there is one item missing in the box. 

Of course I want to return it asap. But will the store take it back? Since they might think I was the one opened it and took that one item and try to return it after? 

(0) Hearts

IMG_7818.JPGIMG_7819.JPGIMG_7820.JPG

Spoiler

(0) Hearts

@toxie They sometimes come in plastic bags so that's not weird. It was probably a manufacturing mistake where they didn't put the item in. Sephora doesn't resell used purchases (it gets thrown away). Not saying that mistakes don't happen, but I've really never heard of anyone getting used stuff. Damaged? Yes. Missing items from orders? Yes. I don't think you should have a problem returning it if you explain that you received it in that fashion. I'm not sure what item it was, but if it's not worth returning it to you then I think you're safe to use the rest unless you feel items were actually used . 

@toxie I'd like to comment that Sephora tries not to resell used merchandise, but they can mess up. I ordered the Sephora Mara Hoffman brushes on sale when they finally popped back into stock. I opened the box, one of the brushes was stained with makeup, and all but one was missing the plastic brush guards I knew they came in (I bought a set before for my sister). So while Sephora officially does not sell used products, a customer might say they didn't use a product when they did, or an associate wasn't too careful when checking the returns.

[ Edited ]

Has anyone tried the new Clarisonic massage and foundation brush heads? Any thoughts? I've recently picked them up but haven't seen them discussed on BT.

Has anyone returned an item without a receipt via mail?

I am not sure if this is the right threat so I am sorry if it is not Smiley Very Happy 

[ Edited ]

You can use the print-out from your account.  Go to your Order History.  

You also print a 'return' label on your account to mail it back.  

Wow! Thank you so so much Wheeee! <3

I need help in choosing the shade of Shiseido  UV Protective compact foundation. Sephora doesn't carry it anymore so it isn't in the Color IQ.

My best match is Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer in St Mortiz . 

IMG_6846.JPG

[ Edited ]

My favourite summer Lippy was rudely discontinued 😱 and it was drugstore too. 

I cannot not seem to find a dupe...please help. It's Maybelline Superstay 14hr in Ultimate Blush 180. I'd like a long wearing cream or satin finish ideally. 

Thanks in advance 🙏IMG_0202.PNG

@CheerMomma It is available on Ulta dot com for $9.99.

THank you @Loretta55 I'm in Canada though 😫

@CheerMomma Ulta now ships to Canada.

@Loretta55 oooh, I better get a list together! TY 

it reminds me of Sephora Rouge Shine #19 VIP, on me anyway, or #51 Magic Story

VIP is in the $5 bin as well, that's new. Along with some others that might suit

@CheerMomma

@gingerleigh I will check those out TY 

Hey all! 

I've been using Anastasia's Lash Genius for a long time to keep my mascara from ending up under my eyes (even waterproof was smudging). It's been discontinued and I was hoping some of you ladies might have a suggestion for another great clear topcoat for lashes.

@NotCrocker I've been using NYX's Proof It mascara top coat and it works just as well for me Smiley Happy it applies white rather than clear like the ABH but keeps mascara from smudging the same. Give it a try!

[ Edited ]

I'm still not over ABH Lash Genius being discontinued. It was an HG product for me. 

I have heard that Ulta, NYX, and Clarins make a clear top coat. However, it looks like the Clarins one went under some changes (formula and brush design) and based on reviews, it wasn't for the better. That would be something to keep in mind.

Definitely, let us know if you find a good dupe! @NotCrocker