The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

[ Edited ]

You can use the print-out from your account.  Go to your Order History.  

You also print a 'return' label on your account to mail it back.  

Wow! Thank you so so much Wheeee! <3

I need help in choosing the shade of Shiseido  UV Protective compact foundation. Sephora doesn't carry it anymore so it isn't in the Color IQ.

My best match is Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer in St Mortiz . 

IMG_6846.JPG

[ Edited ]

My favourite summer Lippy was rudely discontinued 😱 and it was drugstore too. 

I cannot not seem to find a dupe...please help. It's Maybelline Superstay 14hr in Ultimate Blush 180. I'd like a long wearing cream or satin finish ideally. 

Thanks in advance 🙏IMG_0202.PNG

@CheerMomma It is available on Ulta dot com for $9.99.

THank you @Loretta55 I'm in Canada though 😫

@CheerMomma Ulta now ships to Canada.

@Loretta55 oooh, I better get a list together! TY 

it reminds me of Sephora Rouge Shine #19 VIP, on me anyway, or #51 Magic Story

VIP is in the $5 bin as well, that's new. Along with some others that might suit

@CheerMomma

@gingerleigh I will check those out TY 

Hey all! 

I've been using Anastasia's Lash Genius for a long time to keep my mascara from ending up under my eyes (even waterproof was smudging). It's been discontinued and I was hoping some of you ladies might have a suggestion for another great clear topcoat for lashes.

@NotCrocker I've been using NYX's Proof It mascara top coat and it works just as well for me Smiley Happy it applies white rather than clear like the ABH but keeps mascara from smudging the same. Give it a try!

[ Edited ]

I'm still not over ABH Lash Genius being discontinued. It was an HG product for me. 

I have heard that Ulta, NYX, and Clarins make a clear top coat. However, it looks like the Clarins one went under some changes (formula and brush design) and based on reviews, it wasn't for the better. That would be something to keep in mind.

Definitely, let us know if you find a good dupe! @NotCrocker

@lmi82 It was definitely HG for me as well! Thanks for the tips, I will give a few of those a try! And yeah, it was pretty heartbreaking to see it go!

[ Edited ]

Q: I've been looking for the perfect shade of peach lipstick (a cream or satin stick or satin to glossy liquid) that's not too coral or too nude—enough of an orange hint to make it not my actual lip color, but still somewhat subdued. The best color I've found is Forbidden Flower by Edward Bess (https://goo.gl/images/GyFsjY), but it's been discontinued. Smiley Sad Suggestions appreciated! I could handle matte, if necessary. Prefer not to surpass Dior prices, if possible. (If it's important, I have naturally rosy lips.) Thanks in advance. 🙏 

Nars Raquel or Bite Meringue? I have both and I love the colors. I have light yellow undertones as reference.

The spotlight me from lipstick from the mac x steve j/yoni p collection looks close to forbidden flower, but probably a lot less yellow.

@kathmb My favorite peach is MAC Style Surge. Quite similar to Nars Catherine that @TKLJ recommended below, but Style Surge has a tiny bit more pink to it, which makes the color a smidgen subdued. It's very comfortable to wear and yet does deliver the color-- just overall lovely. Smiley Happy

I don't know if this ticks all your boxes, but I looked for years for the right coral and finally got Nars Catherine. @kathmb

catherine

Thanks, @aydasu@to90@NarNarNars@TKLJ . . . I'll look into all of them!

If I use the shade Finland in Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint, any idea what shade I should use for Nars sheer glow?  Finland is a pretty good fit although a bit too yellow...