The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

That looks great! Thank you!

"Weirdest question ever warning"

I have a spot on my cheek that won't grab pigmentation. If I don't wear makeup you can't tell as it isn't lighter, darker or of a different texture than the rest of my face. However foundation won't color it, blush or bronzer won't color it Smiley Frustrated

It's the weirdest thing ever!!!! Especially now that I've been using more heavily blush from the Crissy palette, the uncolored spot is more visible than ever, like a thumbprint that won't hold color.

Has it happened to you? how did you fix it? Am I crazy? LOL

@YoiFran I had a similar experience when I used to wear face powder everyday, but only in certain areas (e.g. under eye). I was so weirded out by the fact that there was an empty spot on my cheek every time I applied blush.. LOL. For me, I think it's because the area had too much powder(?), while the rest of the cheek did not? I don't exactly know why. 

I don't have that issue anymore, and I think it's because I either (1) don't wear powder at all, or (2) apply powder all over the cheeks.

I'm trying to find a new foundation that wont feel oily after an hour or two...if I go in to Sephora will they be able to give me samples of a few different foundations/shades?  I feel like some places get annoyed by this...

Absolutely! They can also color match you as well.

Cool!  I've done the color match before but the colors suggested always feel waaaay too yellow.  I've been wanting to give a pink-er shade a try

Can someone recommend a hypoallergenic eyeliner or is designed for sensitive eyes? Not Clinique please.

Hi @makeitup305, the Lancôme GRANDIÔSE Bendable Liquid Eyeliner and MAKE UP FOR EVER
Kohl Pencil are both supposed to be safe for sensitive eyes. I don't have sensitive eyes but I do have the lancome one and quite like it. You really do need to shake it before using like suggested. Sometimes I find that I have to shake it when I need to go back for more pigment, but for the payoff it gives me, I can't really complain. 

The tarte Tarteist™ Double Take Eyeliner is ophthalmologist tested and safe for contact lens wearers. It doesn't list exactly safe for sensitive eyes, but the testing would lead me to hope that it may work for you! 

XOXO,
Marieke

What do you all find to be the best eyelash curler? I have a Chanel one but, perhaps due to user error, I can not get a great curl out of this thing. Is the Shu version really everything people say it is?

@starsandbucks i bought the shu one, and i was never that impressed. my lashes are normally quite short and straight (i've been using latisse so they're longer and thicker now), and i agree with @txcatx that the shiseido one is great!

(0) Hearts

@starsandbucks My favourite is the surratt curler. It is fantastic for very wide, big eyes.

but I definitely agree it totally depends on your eye shape

I have the Shu uemura one. I find it mediocre on my almond eyes. Also, my eyelashes are pretty straight and never want to be curled. So that might be why. 

[ Edited ]

I think that the best eyelash curlers depend on the shape of your eyes. Mine are a flatter (rather than rounder) shape, so the flatter Shiseido curler works best for me.

[ Edited ]

I have used the MAC one my entire life.  It is awesome!  Go slow and curl right at the base.  I 'pump' lightly a few times to avoid pinching. 

But, it all depends on your eyelashes.  When I have my natural skimpy barely there eyelashes I don't get a huge impact.  Mascara gives me more oomph!

When I have my 'Latisse lashes'.....Bam!!!! Eyelashes popping!  Looks like I am wearing falsies.

@wheeeee  i have been using latisse or about 2 months and i'm finally seeing effects! i can't wait to see what it does longer term!

(0) Hearts

Latisse is an amazing product.  My derm gave me some DSs of it and it worked like a dream...however once I stopped usingit, my lashes didnt quite have the same ooomph.  No worse off than before I sued it, but just no lasting effects.

(0) Hearts

I saw somewhere that Nars direct offer any coupons on first purchases?

(0) Hearts

I have two questions right now:

1. I think I know the answer to this one, but I figured I should ask anyway. If I have a receipt, bought in stores, and am in the US; can I return a product if it's been more than 3 months? I'm still debating if I should since I've been using it, but I've just fallen out of love with it and for $45, I'm not sure if I want to force myself to use it.

2. Has anyone tried the Mix Nature products? I saw an ad for it, looked at the website, and am curious about it. But since I've heard nothing about this product at all, I was wondering if anyone else has had an experience with it.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

@KellW I can only answer the first question, but yes you definitely can return a product if you don't love it! As long as you have your receipt or it was purchased with your Beauty Insider card it's no problem!

Hello!  Has anyone shopped with this website before?Was searching for this specific lippie and this site came up... But I've never seen it/heard of it before.  Thanks!!! 

image.png

[ Edited ]

@hadtotryit never heard of this site either but I haven't ventured much outside of the mainstream online beauty retailers.  But was curious and looked them up on the BBB site - 

Spoiler
0.JPGbut with only 4 reviews, they literally have a 50/50 rating...

000.JPG00.JPG