The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@sister13 Mine came yesterday finally!!

I'm in the same boat - I emailed yesterday and they said I should receive by end of this week.. I'm located in California 

(0) Hearts

Okay, thanks for letting me know! @shirleylin88

Do small, slim empty magnetic palettes exist for depotting? I'm ideally looking for something credit card sized, but the smallest I can find is the MUFE one that's always out of stock (even then it's heavier and bulkier than I'd prefer) 

thanks! 

If you don't mind a little DIY, you can always either depot an existing small compact, clean it out, and paint the base with magnetic paint.

The below is from the blogger I Am Style-ish and she took the initial two palettes, depotted them, depotted her Hello Kitty pans, painted the base of the empty palettes with magnetic paint, decked out their outsides with glittery pink paint, and attached the HK pans with magnetic backings.

If you don't have any small makeup compacts to spare in the depotting process, you may even check out E.L.F's blush/bronzer duo which is only $4, and is about the size of the blush/bronzer duo up top and similar in size to the Nars blush/bronzer compact.

Image result for elf blush bronzer duo

MAC's Pro Palette Small Compact may also be a viable size. Granted it's not magnetic, but you can always just paint the inside base with some magnetic paint as well (dimensions: 4.4" x 2.6").

The below pic shows the compact with one of MAC's two shadow pan inserts just for a size-reference, granted without the insert you're freeing up some more room so you can fit more than just two pans.

Image result for mac pro palette small compact

Z Palette also has their Mini Palette, dimensions are included below:

Z•Palette Mini Palette product smear.

Outside 4.06"L x 2.18"W x 0.5"D

Inside 3.25"L x 1.33"W x 0.25"D

@lylysa Okay, first off girl. You're a rockstar!!! Thank you for such a detailed response! I'm gonna do this DIY as soon as I have some free time. 

Secondly, my mind is blown. I had no clue magnetic paint even exists!! 

Thanks again! <3

You're welcome, and thank you for the kind words! I'm happy to help out!

In the blog that I pulled that tutorial from, the blogger used Martha Stewart's magnetic paint (can be found in Home Depot locations for about $5).

Martha Stewart Crafts 4-oz. Magnetic Paint

Krylon also has a magnetic spray paint primer that may be worth checking out.

If you end up doing the DIY route, let us know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

I just took a screenshot of your name so I remember who to tag...let's just hope the photo doesn't get lost in the abyss of other photos lol. 

Im definitely excited to do it. It'll be my "treat" once things arent so crazy and hectic for me. 

My original naked palette is completely falling apart on me, so I'm eager to depot! Smiley Happy

^_^

Crafty projects are always super fun! All the best in the depotting process (fingers crossed that no pan gives you trouble).

Question! Can anyone tell me the style name for this Kate Spade wallet? Thank you in advance!

Spoiler
IMG_2599.PNG
IMG_2601.PNG

@StephaniLynn  It looks to be the Mikas Pond Travel Wallet.  A few colors are currently in the "Secret Sale" they are having for $79!  Kate Spade Wallet 3.21.17.jpg

(0) Hearts

@Bliss1912 Thank you so much!

(0) Hearts

I once got a "pre-infused" mini reed diffuser stick as a sample from Nordstrom. It was the PERFECT strength (scent-wise) and I loved it. Unfortunately they don't sell pre-infused sticks... so I'm wondering how different a full size diffuser will be. I don't want it to be too strong, so I was thinking of not putting any reeds in (will that work?) OR just one reed in (will that ruin the reed somehow...)

@whitepolkydots @lysbainch I have a NEST diffuser at home and although it's been a while since I first opened it, I don't believe it's a very strong scent at the beginning! It's definitely one that sticks around for a while and fills the room, but you probably won't notice it for a while since your body will get used to it. My mom is particularly sensitive to scents (she can't wear or smell perfumes) and she comes in my room often and she's never been bothered by it. (: 

XOXO,
Marieke

(0) Hearts

Did you get a Nest one too? I got grapefruit and loved it. A reviewer was right and I get a lot of peach from it. Anyway, I am wondering the same thing on the strength. I hate super strong smells. One reed can definitely be used and it will be just fine but I just hope it won't be too strong. I will probably get one to try though.

(0) Hearts

@lysbainch that's the one! i think i'll get it too to try Smiley Happy i've never used a reed diffuser before so i wasn't sure if using only one reed would mess up the scent or something weird.. but i think i've been way overthinking it

Does anyone use the Deva curl towel ?  Does it really make a difference?

I got the white version in a set with a shampoo and conditioner a while back which is super tiny for me (since my hair is past my hips in length), but I do notice a difference in using a microfiber towel on my hair and when I don't. I have soft waves and I find that when I do use a microfiber towel the ends of the waves stay a little nicer and don't frizz/break apart as much.

Like others have said below, I don't think you *need* the DevaCurl one, but the use of a microfiber towel is worth checking into. Now, if you snag a DC one at a good deal or as part of a set/promo then why not? Smiley Very Happy

@makeupobesessed If you're looking for a bargain, I got my microfiber hair towels from Ulta online. They had a pack of 2 for like $7 I believe and they work great. Check ulta online if you are going to make an Ulta purchase any time soon Smiley Happy

@goneroguewhat were those towels called? i just looked at Ulta online, and am not seeing a pack of 2.

@PopularMakeup the brand is called Turbie Twist and I just did a search for them on ulta online and they still have the two pack available for $12. Try it out!