The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@StephaniLynn  It looks to be the Mikas Pond Travel Wallet.  A few colors are currently in the "Secret Sale" they are having for $79!  Kate Spade Wallet 3.21.17.jpg

(0) Hearts

@Bliss1912 Thank you so much!

(0) Hearts

I once got a "pre-infused" mini reed diffuser stick as a sample from Nordstrom. It was the PERFECT strength (scent-wise) and I loved it. Unfortunately they don't sell pre-infused sticks... so I'm wondering how different a full size diffuser will be. I don't want it to be too strong, so I was thinking of not putting any reeds in (will that work?) OR just one reed in (will that ruin the reed somehow...)

@whitepolkydots @lysbainch I have a NEST diffuser at home and although it's been a while since I first opened it, I don't believe it's a very strong scent at the beginning! It's definitely one that sticks around for a while and fills the room, but you probably won't notice it for a while since your body will get used to it. My mom is particularly sensitive to scents (she can't wear or smell perfumes) and she comes in my room often and she's never been bothered by it. (: 

XOXO,
Marieke

(0) Hearts

Did you get a Nest one too? I got grapefruit and loved it. A reviewer was right and I get a lot of peach from it. Anyway, I am wondering the same thing on the strength. I hate super strong smells. One reed can definitely be used and it will be just fine but I just hope it won't be too strong. I will probably get one to try though.

(0) Hearts

@lysbainch that's the one! i think i'll get it too to try Smiley Happy i've never used a reed diffuser before so i wasn't sure if using only one reed would mess up the scent or something weird.. but i think i've been way overthinking it

Does anyone use the Deva curl towel ?  Does it really make a difference?

I got the white version in a set with a shampoo and conditioner a while back which is super tiny for me (since my hair is past my hips in length), but I do notice a difference in using a microfiber towel on my hair and when I don't. I have soft waves and I find that when I do use a microfiber towel the ends of the waves stay a little nicer and don't frizz/break apart as much.

Like others have said below, I don't think you *need* the DevaCurl one, but the use of a microfiber towel is worth checking into. Now, if you snag a DC one at a good deal or as part of a set/promo then why not? Smiley Very Happy

@makeupobesessed If you're looking for a bargain, I got my microfiber hair towels from Ulta online. They had a pack of 2 for like $7 I believe and they work great. Check ulta online if you are going to make an Ulta purchase any time soon Smiley Happy

@goneroguewhat were those towels called? i just looked at Ulta online, and am not seeing a pack of 2.

@PopularMakeup the brand is called Turbie Twist and I just did a search for them on ulta online and they still have the two pack available for $12. Try it out!

[ Edited ]

@gonerogue     Thanks for the rec, I will search in store for the towels. I've been locked out of Ulta online for quite some time, and I just tried again two days ago, and I'm still unable to order online.  Looks like I'll miss the platinum deals and such, and most of what I want is online....(UD blushes, etc...). Oh well, FOMO goes away eventually.  I'll find those towels somewhere...thanks again.

@makeupobesessed Oh no! I'm sorry you can't access ulta online. The specific bran of hair towel I have is called Turbie Twist in case you wanted to check out amazon or another retailer that might carry it. It's 100% worth it.

@makeupobsessed  I second @michelleshops response.  A microfiber towel to gently remove excess water after a shower will really cut down on the friction while drying your hair, reducing frizz.  However, it's absolutely unnecessary that you get a DevaCurl one specifically.  If you do choose to get it, the new gray version is significantly bigger and much easier to use than the old one.

Hey @makeupobesessed! I use it and I think it does make a difference but I don't think you *need* the DevaCurl branded one.  It's essentially just a microfiber towel.  I use mine after I put in product to squeeze out any excess moisture and I find my hair isn't as frizzy if I use this instead of a regular terrycloth towel.  I have the old white version and it's pretty small, about the size of a kitchen hand towel, not sure if the new one is larger. Hope this helps!  

Thank you ladies...I can get a microfiber towel cheaper then the deva so Im off to get one...thanks for ur responses!

(0) Hearts

I just purchased shipping/tracking online and noticed the tracking slip has tomorrow's date on it (3/17). Do I have to drop off the package tomorrow, or can I wait until Monday? 

on a technicality, the PO wants the date to match up. BUT - they have become massively more lax about this with all the label printing that goes on in today's world. also don't forget that you can just leave those packages with your mailman, though there may be a scan delay

(0) Hearts

Thank you @gonerogue @Alicehoopz

@pinyo Sorry no one responded sooner! In my experience with eBay and purchasing postage online through them, I have to have it in the mailbox or post office on the date printed on the slip to guarantee that it gets to the buyer on time.

Just curious if anyone else ends up spraying their hair and shirt when using a setting spray. I love the idea of setting spray but hate the feeling of spraying my face which always leads to me wildly over spraying the entire perimeter of about a three foot radius around my head. 

Related: Has anyone tried the new GlamGlow setting spray yet? Unsurprisingly I go through setting spray really quickly and am getting low.