The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

(0) Hearts

When repressing eyeshadows, does anybody have issues with the shadows not being pigmented after? I feel like there's hard pan on mine but I don't understand how, they're new. Should I scrape the top off?

I haven't run into this problem but if you run a spooly over the top it will scratch the hard layer off.

Is this really the new website?  Are they legit not going to let us search by brand?  That makes it harder for me to shop, so less likely to buy.  Maybe I am in the minority for that but I don't understand why they are making it harder to find things.  I assume they have done their research and this increases sales in some manner but for me it makes it harder and more annoying.

@begonia46@EmmyLove here are some links to brands pages:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2bLb_cEITYcJ:www.sephora.com/brand/list.jsp+&cd...

courtesy of @trishavt

and this one for Canadian brands

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uO-cDY3-DtcJ:www.sephora.com/brand/list.jsp%3Fc...

thanks to @veronika23

And I had found a different brands link by accident last week, but apparently it has stopped working. These archive links should keep working though.

@gingerleigh@trishavt@veronika23 Thank you so much for making it so easy to search brands!!

thanks.jpg

@begonia46 so glad you mentioned this, I have been trying to figure out where the brands list was and I thought it was just my technologically challenged self that wasn't finding it, but really its because its actually not there!

Trust me when I say you're not in the minority with finding the site revamp more difficult to navigate and even make purchases through. There have been tons of posts in various threads regarding the dissatisfaction of how aspects have disappeared or how folks keep running into error messages non-stop when trying to check out product pages or move forward with purchases.

It appears that at this time Sephora is aware of this issues and the site is still in progress. I've personally found that I'm able to access some product pages now a bit better versus a few days ago when I could only get to the front page and Beauty Talk (and that was it), but it's still no where from being problem-free. Moderators and users here have advised to try different browsers, clearing your cache/cookies, or even utilizing the mobile app (which appears to be running without any issues for the time being).

It's been tough for me to browse pages to pull product information and even images from to respond to other threads. Fingers crossed this gets resolved soon.

Does anyone actually like the lancome juicy shaker? i have one in a pink shade, boom-meringue and I find that it's nothing special. It doesn't hydrate my lips very well and it's not pigmented... it's kind of gimmicky and just a light lip tint oil. I got it in a Sephora favorites set but I would never buy it full price. 

(0) Hearts

@IZ95  I do, actually.  I purchased the turquoise "shade" Mint To Be last summer from Ulta and use it fairly regularly.  It lives in my purse.  I apply it whenever I need just a little nourishing bump.

I do find their shade selection VERY misleading.  It implies there's a substantial difference between the colors, and there's no way that can be true, since it's only the slightest wash.  There might be a difference in flavor, but I wouldn't know because I only own the one.

I'm in the same boat. It smells nice, but it seems like a lot of work to shake it so much so the color mixes with the oil, only to apply it and still not get any color. I also found it dried out my lips. Maybe it was just the Sephora set ones that were off (though I doubt it), but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it.

(0) Hearts

it dried out my lips too!! glad to know i'm not the only one lol

[ Edited ]

@IZ95 I feel the same way about them.. just meh. There was little to no payoff of anything imo, and compared to other amazing lip tint oils (e.g. YSL), it definitely felt lackluster.

I also received mine from that set and I gave it to my mom immediately. What she did with it, I have no clue 😶

what gives you more excitement: buying new makeup or buying new skincare?

mainly asking because I'm wondering if anyone else is a straight-up skincare junkie like I am. ughhhh I LOVE trying out new skincare

(0) Hearts

Skincare!!! I love makeup too, but i'm definitely into putting more money into having healthy skin more than makeup now. Although I have to say I've gone away from trying new products unless they are new launches from lines I am already loyal too. I get redness and breakouts so easily and my skin is just really reactive so when I step outside the brand I usually use, my skin stops looking good and doesn't play well

(0) Hearts

Makeup! I love skincare too though. 

(0) Hearts

I used to be into makeup and when I first started a few years ago shopping in Sephora and buying higher end, I went crazy needing all the eyeshadow palettes etc...  but I've learned that in order to have good makeup, skincare is essential and so now I'm way more into buying skincare. I love trying new products and for the most part am able to try things without reactions.  I've virtually used my sample stash, between a super low buy, no buy and me sticking to it and using what I have...I'm down to a reasonable amount of backups or samples which I am steadily going thru. 

definitely makeup Smiley Very Happy makeup can change each day depending on what I feel like but skincare takes a while to test, and when I find a HG product I tend to stick to it.

but then again there's no feeling like trying out a new face mask... hmmm

Face masks!  I get unreasonably giddy when I get to try a new mask.

(0) Hearts

I am looking to build my own palette, however I feel torn by which brand to go for(ABH / Makeup Geek).  Price is not a main factor, as I'm focusing on quality.  I was also curious about the new Colourpop pressed shadows,they have pretty neat colors. Based on your experiences, I'd love to hear thoughts/opinions!!

(0) Hearts

i don't buy from colourpop anymore as I don't like their policies (I received a broken shadow and they wouldn't replace it, just told me to stick it back together - boo.) BUT, I will say I equally enjoy my mac and makeup geek singles. abh is good too but I prefer the others a tad more.

@MiaM7 The ColourPop single shadows are amazing, the pressed ones! I like the super shock ones but prefer the new powder formula. 

Makeup Geek is very nice quality too! They often add some to their sale page for being 'imperfect' look wise. A nick or scratch here or there. 

ABH is great too. I love their shadows. I just bought some singles when they had their black Friday/cyber Monday deals going on. 

I also love the formula of the Sephora brand single shadows, I've ordered a ton sine they've gone on sale for $5!