The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I like to take advantage of The Body Shop when they have their BOGO free deals and other promos. Not the most granular tbh but with consistent use it gets ride of my ingrown hairs and inflamed bumps for the most part. I find that other body scrubs just cost way too much Smiley Sad

i have Hempz body scrub, and it hasn't seemed to do much. I have some unopened Ulta brand scrub too i need to try.

(0) Hearts

I like the satsuma one, but I don't like their peach one. Their scrubs aren't super granular so it won't give you a lot of exfoliation at once but if you use it a couple of times a week it makes a big difference. It helps a lot with my ingrown hairs and other bumps I get on my legs and stuff. Their website basically has all their scrubs at almost 5 stars but a lot of the reviews help on the product description.

Just make a sugar scrub. That's what I do on my bikini. You should ideally do this once a week or so after hair removal for future knowledge 

melt a jar of coconut oil in your tub, add oil to sugar in a bowl until your desired consistency and whatever essential oils

@samls324

@samls324 I find Tend Skin works best. I purchased the refillable rollerballs and the 8 oz bottle fills 3 rollerballs. Sephora no longer carries Tend Skin products. I purchase mine at Ulta.

tendskin is amazing!! I get it at the drugstore and it helps so much with ingrown hairs I literally can't live without it

thanks. I plan on getting some when I do my next reward redemption at Ulta Smiley Happy

@samls324 Be careful applying Tend Skin because if you should spill some it will damage any surface it spills on. That is why I like the rollerball application. Otherwise protect your hands wearing disposable gloves.

Pick up a dry body brush next time you're at the drug store. I find it works better and is less scratchy than a loofah. 

thanks. I think we might even have one somewhere haha

(0) Hearts

Question for those who own the new Muse Le Petite pro palette - do you *need* this palette if you already own the ABH MR?? It looks super pretty (yes the wonky pans do bother my OCD), but I'm trying hard to not buy eyeshadows that are already dupes/pretty close to what I already own in my hoard of eyeshadows, Also can you depot this palette? I know it's small, but I'm finding that I'm using more of my collection if I have it in a big Z palette (made by Tarte, not that nasty lady) ready to go instead of sorting thru all of my palettes.

(0) Hearts

I have both, honestly I feel underwhelmed by the petite pro palette.  It is not bad by any means, just meh.  On the other hand, I LOVE my ABH MR!! To me it's more unique, and is of better quality.  If you decide to go for it, there is a little ledge you can simply lift the pans and they will pop right out!

(0) Hearts

When repressing eyeshadows, does anybody have issues with the shadows not being pigmented after? I feel like there's hard pan on mine but I don't understand how, they're new. Should I scrape the top off?

I haven't run into this problem but if you run a spooly over the top it will scratch the hard layer off.

Is this really the new website?  Are they legit not going to let us search by brand?  That makes it harder for me to shop, so less likely to buy.  Maybe I am in the minority for that but I don't understand why they are making it harder to find things.  I assume they have done their research and this increases sales in some manner but for me it makes it harder and more annoying.

@begonia46@EmmyLove here are some links to brands pages:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2bLb_cEITYcJ:www.sephora.com/brand/list.jsp+&cd...

courtesy of @trishavt

and this one for Canadian brands

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uO-cDY3-DtcJ:www.sephora.com/brand/list.jsp%3Fc...

thanks to @veronika23

And I had found a different brands link by accident last week, but apparently it has stopped working. These archive links should keep working though.

@gingerleigh@trishavt@veronika23 Thank you so much for making it so easy to search brands!!

thanks.jpg

@begonia46 so glad you mentioned this, I have been trying to figure out where the brands list was and I thought it was just my technologically challenged self that wasn't finding it, but really its because its actually not there!

Trust me when I say you're not in the minority with finding the site revamp more difficult to navigate and even make purchases through. There have been tons of posts in various threads regarding the dissatisfaction of how aspects have disappeared or how folks keep running into error messages non-stop when trying to check out product pages or move forward with purchases.

It appears that at this time Sephora is aware of this issues and the site is still in progress. I've personally found that I'm able to access some product pages now a bit better versus a few days ago when I could only get to the front page and Beauty Talk (and that was it), but it's still no where from being problem-free. Moderators and users here have advised to try different browsers, clearing your cache/cookies, or even utilizing the mobile app (which appears to be running without any issues for the time being).

It's been tough for me to browse pages to pull product information and even images from to respond to other threads. Fingers crossed this gets resolved soon.

Does anyone actually like the lancome juicy shaker? i have one in a pink shade, boom-meringue and I find that it's nothing special. It doesn't hydrate my lips very well and it's not pigmented... it's kind of gimmicky and just a light lip tint oil. I got it in a Sephora favorites set but I would never buy it full price. 

(0) Hearts

@IZ95  I do, actually.  I purchased the turquoise "shade" Mint To Be last summer from Ulta and use it fairly regularly.  It lives in my purse.  I apply it whenever I need just a little nourishing bump.

I do find their shade selection VERY misleading.  It implies there's a substantial difference between the colors, and there's no way that can be true, since it's only the slightest wash.  There might be a difference in flavor, but I wouldn't know because I only own the one.