The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Thank you! I'll start experimenting then. I'm just nervous because I tried one from sulwhasoo (which everyone seems to love) but it caused keratin deposits...so that was a bust!

(0) Hearts

@pinyo not sure what your budget is, but there are two eye creams I quite love. The current one i use now is the Drunk Elephant Shabba cream, and i find it moisturizes and brightens my eye area without leaving it greasy or affecting my makeup. It also has an ingredient that is good for conditioning lashes and brows, supposedly, which is always a bonus for me as my brows could use some assistance. It lasts me quite a long time as a little goes a long way with it.

For a more affordable option, i've use the Paulas Choice eye cream. This one is a lot heavier, to the point where I can still feel it the next morning. It's very good if you have dry under eyes but may be too much for applying makeup on top of. The good part is that it lasted me an insane amount of time because a very small amount was all I needed. It never broke me out around my eyes either.

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I'm gonna research those. I don't have much of a budget since I know good skincare is an investment. If I get to keep all my kidneys, I'm willing to pay lol

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

help! i need some advice with hormonal chest/back acne Smiley Sad Smiley Sad is it even manageable with products? or is that for non-hormonal acne only?

i changed BC and now have baby pimples all over my neck/chest/back. i have no experience with acne and am completely out of my element. i dug through my collection and found only one thing with salicylic acid in it: Kate Somerville toner. I've been using that after each shower and slapping on a new shirt immediately so my hair doesn't touch my skin. i don't think it's made a difference though...

routine:

Spoiler

- detergent:
free of dyes/colors/etc

- shampoo:

I've made a conscious effort to re-wash my neck/chest/back after washing out my shampoo ... just in case.
- Hair:
armpit length - usually kept in a braid to minimize skin contact. 
- Clothes:
been wearing crewnecks only lately .. again, to minimize hair contact.

- body wash:
The Body Shop - been rotating between scents for years. currently using peach.

- body scrub:
St. Ives gentle Oatmeal 1x / week 

- shower:
lately ... every other day if i don't work out. immediately after working out if i do.

@whitepolkydots I totally know what you mean! I suffered with body acne for 7+ years and I still do but it's mostly gone now. I made an entire thread of all the things I've learned here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Acne/BODY-ACNE-WHAT-WORKS/m-p/2721348#M20195

I hope it helps Smiley Happy a big part of it is careful hygiene and hormones.

Thank you @IZ95!! <3 For some reason I never thought about washing my hair with my head tilted. I've tried washing it upside down, which is really uncomfortable.. then I just stopped using conditioner entirely. Now my hair will thank you Smiley Happy

And thanks for the product recommendations! I'm grabbing the Neutrogena ASAP. The 360 spray nozzle on the Murad sounds amazingg (read: genius) BUT I noticed a significant decrease after cutting sugar & picking back up on hot yoga... so I'm gonna see if I can wait for a good promo code Smiley Wink Fingers crossed that happens before it starts warming up..

Glad I could help!! Smiley Happy yeah the Murad is kinda pricey so I'm waiting for a code before I restock. Remember to get the neutrogena body clear body scrub, not the pink grapefruit one. Both are good but the first one is better.. I just use the pink grapefruit one because I can't buy the first one in my country Smiley Sadupload_1348842150814974884.jpg

(0) Hearts

@whitepolkydots it actually might be keratosis pilaris (it occurs more often in winter). I'd check with a derm though. Also, if you new BC can be changed, I would ask your GYN for one that's supposed to help with acne. Have you been exercising more? Also, you could be drying out your skin too much causing extra oil production. Soaps with tea tree oil I've heard are good at keeping body acne in check 

@whitepolkydots maybe switching to a gentle unscented body wash would help? the dove for sensitive skin bar and bodywash have been very kind to my sensitive skin. A swipe of a gentle chemical exfoliator (like FAB glow pads) after may also help clear things up.

(0) Hearts

thanks for the suggestions @greenteafueled! i'm going to give exfoliator pads a shot Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

One of the shades on my Viseart palette has white spots on it. Could it be mold?!! I haven't had it for more than a year. It doesn't smell or anything and swatches fine.

This may be an obvious question (dumb question?) but where can I find swatches for Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow pomade ?

I haven't been able to make it in store to see for myself, and I'm torn between soft brown or medium brown and I'm hoping to order soon..

I do have pretty dark brown hair, but I often like to change it and go a little lighter, plus I'm new to eyebrow makeup and I don't like them too too dark.

(0) Hearts

@CaityLaine I would definitely go with soft Brown I have dark brown hair and also often dye my hair lighter and find soft Brown to be a great with all my colors. Hope that helps Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

@Jassme

thank you so much Smiley Happy

I did end up getting the soft brown and I think that'll be best for me too!  I can't wait for it to come in Smiley Happy thanks again

45753f53110a9b4753be8e939b7a80b3.jpg

@CaityLaine you might be able to find more photos on Google Images, but I thought this one was helpful in showing the diff btwn soft & med!

aww yay! thank you so much Smiley Happy I think I lean more to the soft brown

@whitepolkydots

I didn't even think about google.... LOL

I went onto their instagram page for swatches but didn't feel like digging through all their posts.  thank you again!!

(0) Hearts

Not beauty related, but did anyone receive a seemingly random credit from paypal/sephora? 

There's a credit for $0.60 on my Visa, and I don't know why. I didn't make a return or do anything. I contacted paypal already but has this happened to anyone else? 

(0) Hearts

Did you find out what that was about? @lellybelly

(0) Hearts

@Beadshopgirl Unfortunately I didn't! Paypal never replied to my email, but the credit disappeared from my statement a few days ago. 

I'll be sure to keep an extra close eye on my statement this month, but everything appears to be back to normal at least!

I used Drunk Elephant TLC serum last night and this morning I woke up with a couple inflamed bumps. is this normal from the acid exfoliating the skin or is my skin not agreeing with the product? I've used it before but stopped since my face has been dry lately so I wanted to keep my routine simple.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@samls324 What were the bumps like? I use and love this product and have never experienced any bumps per se after use. However, there have been times where parts of my skin peel off. Not in a way that leaves redness or anything, but just flakes coming off as a result of the exfoliating process. The only other times I have experienced irritation have been on drier, more sensitive parts of my face such as my cheeks or around my nose, which have gotten red and dry before. This was a result of me using the product too much without easing into it at first as my skin is sensitive. It almost sounds like you may have had some type of reaction if you are experiencing bumps that aren't pimples or breakout related. I will say that if you post this on their most recent instagram they should get back to you. Anytime I have seen someone post about a reaction or negative experience specific to one of their products they seem to always respond, so maybe try reaching out on their instagram page or even  contacting them directly.

DE instagram: http://www.instagram.com/drunkelephantskincare

DE Customer Service: info@drunkelephant.com

Good luck, I hope your skin feels better soon!