The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

[ Edited ]

@emilyterrible73  I think you're on the right track. I have Sx03. I'm neutral, and it's a bit too yellow for me. It definitely has a green base. If I could go back I would have gone for Sx02 and hoped it leaned more peach than pink.

Thank you. I have been researching the SSE like nobody's business. It's an amazing product if I can get the shade right.

(0) Hearts

Good morning ladies!

Is there no longer an "ACTIVE PROMO CODES" thread? 

....and

What is up with the promo codes? OOS much?

Just placed a couple of orders totaling over 200. and all I got was the Tatcha thing. I'm feeling a lack of excitement. 

Thank you in advance for your replies.

(0) Hearts

Surratt product owners, I have a question regarding the size of the packaging...

I'm planning to buy four eyeshadows and two blushes, but don't want to buy their palettes. I do have an empty baby z palette from Sephora, do you think they'll all fit in there? 

Buying another empty, non-magnetized palette just doesn't make sense to me...I'd rather take that $$ and buy more shadows 😜😉

Hi @angelKiss24, four eyeshadows and two blushes will fit in the baby z palette. It will just leave lots of space that won't fit another shadow, but is so close! (Left is z palette, right is Surratt).

image.jpeg 

Another option is the Mac Pro Palette small, it is the same interior width as the larger Surratt palette, so it will hold up to six shadows  (with a little empty space on the bottom.) i have one of the Surratt palettes, and it bothers the heck out of me that it is not magnetized, so I wouldn't spend the money on another.

the blushes are the same height as the shadows, and the same length as two shadows together.

You're awesome @playingdressup!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Im not sure about a baby z palette, and im not sure if this helps, but I have a large z palette and 18 surratt eyeshadows fit perfectly in the "open window". I spaced them away from the sides so that they would be even in the middle window, otherwise i think the gaps are ugly.   I do feel your baby z palette would work for what you have, but i cant guarantee! @angelKiss24

(0) Hearts

@sabrinas, thank you! That does help, Now I can guess the eyeshadow sizing.  One more question, how are Surratt's blushes compared to their eyeshadows in terms of sizing?

For those who are in North America, and ordered from Cult Beauty.  How long did it take to receive your order? did you have to pay any fees? Were your items opened or damaged at all?

Cheers!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I also was wondering this. I do know that when I exchange bday gifts with a few friends who live in Europe and the UK, the time going each way seems to be 1 to 2 weeks. usually more like 7-10 days though it seems. none of our gift packets have ever been opened or delayed but they are all marked as a gift with the customs form filled out properly and don't contain anything that isn't allowed. I live in the USA. it will be interesting for me to see if this "retail" type international package will be different. Also, I am fairly sure MissPuff is absolutely correct that the USA does not charge import or customs fees on purchases under $200.

(0) Hearts

I got my order in great condition just over a week from when it shipped.  For reference, I live on the west coast!

I've place a couple orders and haven't had any problems at all. No additional duties or fees, though all my orders were under $200 USD, which I think is technically the line that customs draws. From order placement to delivery was just under a week for me (I'm located in Boston). Some of the outer boxes looked a little worse for the wear, but that's expected shipping internationally. Contents were perfect though, all bubble wrapped and tissue papered, nothing amiss.

The only one order that i placed with Cult beauty came pretty well packaged (not damaged or opened) and rather quick - i think within a week for sure. I never paid any fees for the package either.   Hope that helps Smiley Happy.

Any recommendations/must-haves from Lancome (foundation, concealer, eyeshadow etc.)? On the Canadian site on $100 they are giving 15% off with a GWP and a Juicy Shaker with the code WOMEN!

@jesscheemstheir GRANDIÔSE EXTRÊME mascara is one of my faves.  Also, not sure if you'd be interested in their overpriced, but adorable, highlighter too:

blush.JPG

Have read good reviews about this...

Thanks @Amysangel @ZombieMetroAnt 

Maybe I'll look in the foundation. Bi-Facil and I don't get along. I've had issues with eczema after using it maybe due to chemical reactions with my makeup and whatever's in that remover. So now I use my trusty coconut oil and have no issues. They still have some mascara sets left from the holidays- thanks!!

Also @ZombieMetroAnt I'll look into the mascara you mentioned (I've seen it and I think it said 24 hour wear which scared me- does that stuff feel like tar perhaps like Benefit's They're Real?). Ya that highlight is OOS but I think it's a bit too pricey for me atm. Also I seen pretty mixed review on it so I got turned off even giving it a second look Smiley Very Happy Also, I've seen people chop it up and stuff LOL and that just ruined it for me. -_- (totally ruined the 'magic')..

Thanks for the recommendations!

[ Edited ]

The mascara gives me awesome definition and length @jesscheems - I would probably compare it to the Roller Lash by benefit.  And I totally hear ya on the highlighter/blush - that's probably why it's still sitting my my loves

0.JPG Can't wait to see what you get!  Heart

@ZombieMetroAnt Okay cool. So long as it washes off and doesn't rip lashes out lol Smiley Very Happy I'm still deciding on what to get- I know it's a super good deal but I normally don't buy from Lancome because I didn't care for some of their items I tried a few years ago when I got into makeup. I bought one of those blockbuster sets and was bummed out lol. But I'm sure they have good stuff. I do like the Hypnose Drama mascara and used that right up!

I really love the Teint Idole Foundation, I prefer the stick version. Can't go wrong with the Bi-Facil  Eye makeup remover!  And I have always loved their mascaras, the Hypnose Drama is a great one!

Seconding the Teint Idole. I have the stick and the pump and love them both. The stick may edge out the pump by a smidge if I had to choose because it's so convenient.