The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

(0) Hearts

Ooooops just saw your response about the links below 😉

image.jpg

And veronika23 posted these new liners coming soon!

Unfortunately this is a shimmery one. But, if you google it, it is very beautiful!

http://www.sephora.com/aqua-liner-liquid-eyeliner-P286205?skuId=1325406&icid2=search_search_p286205_...

(0) Hearts

Ooh!  That might be the one.  All of the images online make it look much less glittery—though still shimmery—than it does in the product picture on the page.  And I do love the precision of a liquid liner.

Thanks so much.

Folks, I have no idea why the links for a reply down the page showed up here.  But the sunscreen is irrelevant.  Sorry about that.

I have one for you! Sephora's own brand Contour Matte Gel Eyeliner Waterproof (oof), in Sly Like a Fox (terra cotta).

I own this and the quality and color are both great. It is definitely an orange-red, it is matte with no shimmer or glitter, and it goes on easily and then STAYS ON. Seriously budge-proof, waterproof, etc. I'm not sure how blendable it is because I haven't tried to use it like that, but I suspect you would have to work quickly before it sets.

http://www.sephora.com/contour-matte-gel-eyeliner-waterproof-P398003?skuId=1691401&icid2=category%20...

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  That is easily the closest I've yet seen.  It is a gorgeous color, and I will probably track it down, since I really like oranges around my eyes.  Ideally, I'm still looking for a rich, bright red or a fiery mostly-red orange.  But I do like that!

I have to admit that I've become pretty enamored with that very BRIGHT under eye Instagram look that you see everywhere. I already have very fair skin - is there anyway I can still achieve this look? I bought the Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener and, boy oh boy, does that not show up at all on me. I'm interested in the Becca one but the pink color scares me. Anyone have any experience? Thanks girls! ❤️

I have the Becca Undereye Brightener and the Smashbox one. I had the same experience you did with the Smashbox - no color at all. The Becca is more noticeable, but it's not true-to-pan on the skin at all. You just need a little bit (too much and it would crease, anyway), and it brightens up without being too noticeable vs the skin around it - that is, if you are fair with not-too-warm undertones. I have worn it by itself and it looks fine.

If you don't have dark circles, the effect would be pinker, but it shouldn't be that noticeable on a fair-skinned person regardless.

(0) Hearts

I second this. @starsandbucks @JazaChai

I have the BECCA undereye brightener and love it. It really brightens up (somehow while still looking natural -- what is this sorcery?!) and I have relatively fair skin. The only downside is that it is difficult to completely wash off with a face cleanser as it has a kind of waxy tackiness to it. It might require targeted eye makeup remover to avoid buildup.

I ordered the Becca brightener with a few other things thru Dermstore today (the discount is better). Thank you @JazaChai and @Gwenhwyfar for the feedback! 

(0) Hearts

No problem! Oh, I should also add that I always wear it by itself and it blends really nicely. I don't put concealer around my eyes, so this one product by itself works magic. Smiley Wink

(0) Hearts

Thank you, this is really helpful! I think I'll pull the trigger on the Becca. I got a Bite lipstick that came yesterday and it's awful (so sad) that I'm going to return so I'll almost break even. 

I might be overusing this thread but...can you all recommend me a eye liner pencil (not auto, but the wood pencil, the real pencil!) that isn't too soft? I mean, softer than the brow pencils, but hard enough to allow me to sharpen it really sharp??? 

The Burberry Eye Definer pencils have some pretty good heft to them. http://shop.nordstrom (dot) com/s/burberry-beauty-eye-definer-eye-shaping-pencil/

I got impatient and ordered UD one already (my second UD purchase!). I'll try that if this one's not satisfactory. Looks pretty good, and I'd love to have more burberry....

The Burberry is definitely, by far, the hardest liner I own - much harder than the 24/7 liners (if that's what you bought). So hard, I could see people not liking it because it's not smooth/soft enough when applying. 

That said, I also feel like it's probably pretty dupable... but it's pretty good sized, so at least you'll get your money's worth.

@etscore1 OOPS, that's exactly what I've got...Do you have any experience with that 24/7 liner (I bought one of the matte one without glitter)?? I only need it to be hard enough to be sharpened "sharp". Some eyeliner breaks/ crushes when sharpening because the formula is too soft/creamy...

Not oops! The 24/7 liners are great... There's a reason why they're incredibly popular. They will sharpen, but they're really creamy, so they don't stay sharp very long, so fine lines can be challenging. But the UD liners are so easy to apply (especially compared to the Burberry) and are so rich in color (and blendable if you don't want a harsh line), whereas the Burberry, because it's so hard, is naturally a bit softer in tone, but can be built up a bit with a couple of passes, but still nothing like the richness of the UD pencils. 

Oh, Burberry one actually seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. I think I may just keep the 24/7 (since I always wanted a grey eyeliner) and get the Burberry one too. It may not be good for getting a thick, cat eyeliner look but sounds suitable for a very thin/not too stark line that I aim for. 

Mos def! It's surprisingly hard to find others comparable to the Burberry since soft/creamy/pigmented is all the rage these days. 

But that's precisely why I love Burberry so much. Their whole MO is ultra natural, especially with a lot of their eye products. Always easy to get a simple but really polished look. 

But you'll definitely get use out of the UD. It's hard not to love them. What shade did you get?