The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I have, and was hurt and shocked and had so many emotions when it was done. I would say just under the 9 month span, 8 and a bit. I truly thought they didn't finish. It was Shiseido bio performance. Bought another. Sad times. 

I definitely have. I'm about to use up my second FS bare minerals one, which I got from Ulta as a GWP (MUCH better step-up beauty break than today's It's a 10, lol).

That was in September, so it's taken me about 7 months - but that's with only using it during the day. It's not quite hydrating enough for me at nighttime. So if it were an eye cream I used twice a day, I'm guessing I would finish it in under 4 months.

(0) Hearts

I'm impressed! I'm definitely bad about using it regularly, but I feel like I use such a small amount that even daily (or twice a day), it would still last forever!

I can't not use it lol, with my dry skin. After acne/redness issues, my biggest skin woe is undereye darkness and fine lines. Without eye cream my concealer would look terrible. So I've got an incentive. And it is a small amount, but a FS one is only 0.5 oz, so if you use it regularly that evens it out a bit.

I am color matched to 3Y07 in Sephora's Color IQ system. I currently wear G40 in Cover FX foundation. Hoping to find a match in the Nars Sheer Glow foundation. I unfortunately won't be able to get in store today and today's the last day for the sale Smiley Sad

I realize this is a long shot but I never doubt the power/kindness of BT! 

Thanks for any help! <3

(0) Hearts

@m26430 I use G40 in Cover Fx custom drops (not foundation) And Nars Tinted moisturizer in St.Mortiz . Some other BTers with similar complexion use Stromboli in Nars foundation.

The color IQ can sometimes help with a starting point, but isn't the most reliable thing. I always get a different number, and they are always way too dark and way too yellow.

If the G40 Cover FX foundation works well for you color wise, I would look online for comparison swatches between it and NARS Sheer Glow foundations. Temptalia has a nice foundation matrix for just this purpose. I put in your Cover FX foundation and the suggestions it gave for Sheer Glow were Punjab and Santa Fe. There's no swatch on the site for the actual Cover FX foundation, so hard to compare just from that. But, it gives a starting point.

(0) Hearts

@Kay522 Thanks for letting me know about Temptali's matrix! I've definitely considered Punjab but will compare it to Santa Fe. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

@m26430 I put your color into the Color IQ foundation search function and the only NARS it matched you to was St. Moritz (tinted moisturizers). I went one shade lighter (3Y06) and it matched you to NARS Stromboli (foundations). I would try that one... and if it doesn't work you may be able to exchange in store and they should honor the purchase price with a direct exchange.

Although when I search with the Cover FX foundation you wear, the Color IQ is 2Y05 and it says either Santa Fe or Fiji is a match for you.

You can try the Color IQ yourself here: http://www.sephora.com/color-iq

@Gwenhwyfar Thank you for all your help! I appreciate it. I've never been able to navigate the online Color IQ site before so your tips help a lot! Stromboli is definitely one of the shades I'll be looking at Smiley Happy 

I really need a nice compact mirror. I've been eyeing the Minnie one, but even with 15% off, I can't justify the price. What are some nice, but still relatively low cost, compact mirrors?

I have the Sephora Seeing Double one in black and it's great. Looks very classy, but only $12. I keep it in my purse and it's been very resistant to acquiring visible dings or scratches.

The product page for this says that the mirror was not tested on animals and now I'm just picturing a row of bunnies with scientists shoving mirrors in front of them. "Look at yourself, Fluffy! LOOK AT YOURSELF!" Clearly it's going to be a long day.

(0) Hearts

This one looks really nice! Thanks!

Has anyone tried these Sephora Rouge Balms yet? They made me very excited - the colors look pretty AND they have SPF!! Just wondering whether to expect sheer color or more pigment like the Fresh ones.

http://www.sephora.com/rouge-balm-spf-20-P406219

(0) Hearts

Also super curious about this! Was about to buy one, but I'm normally allergic to sunscreen and SPFs so I have to wait it out to hear some reviews >.<

I'm hunting for a red/orange-red (maybe I'd try pink-red) eyeliner.  I'd prefer one with no or minimal shimmer, but I'm flexible about the type of eyeliner (pencil, gel, liquid, etc.).  I was surprised that Urban Decay, master of bright eye colors, didn't have one that quite matched the bill.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

(0) Hearts

I am just a bit confused @Harpier82 your question is about eyeliner but why the pics/links included are of sunscreens  🤔

(0) Hearts

Ooooops just saw your response about the links below 😉

image.jpg

And veronika23 posted these new liners coming soon!

Unfortunately this is a shimmery one. But, if you google it, it is very beautiful!

http://www.sephora.com/aqua-liner-liquid-eyeliner-P286205?skuId=1325406&icid2=search_search_p286205_...