The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

(0) Hearts

I'm going to go for it!  Thanks! 

Not sure it's ok to post her pic?? but I adore the way Sabrina from the Beauty Look Book does her eye looks. It always looks so pretty and subtle. Does anyone know of any tutorials for a similar look? I'm really durpy with eyeshadow so I need a 'for dummies' version...

Here is one example. It's such a pretty subtle look. When I try to imitate somewthing like this it just looks messy. 

image.jpg

Wow!  I just checked out her blog and I legit need one of the new TF lippies.  I'm coming for you on Thursday, Revolve Around Me! 

(0) Hearts

Prepare to be disappointed - everything looks better on her lips. Lol. 

I kid, of course. But srsly, her lips.

I don't know if I've ever seen an eyeshadow look from her, but I do know that her lips are ridiculously perfect. 

I couldn't figure out how to make that sound not creepy, so whatever. They are. 

Her lips ARE ridiculously perfect. She kinda makes everything look good. 

Ugh! I'm sorry - I just hopped on for the first time in months and didn't see this thread and my question would have been perfect for it.

Am I the only one having issues with the BT site today?  My internet just switched over this morning to a new carrier (verizon sold the lines) so I can't tell if it's me or BT.

Hope you don't have too many issues. I'm guessing you got switched to Frontier? My husband works for them and I know they were taking over new states starting today

You are right!  So far the internet seems to be working better...except BT.  That's why I'm not sure..

Verizon was an utter disaster where we are.  It's been an ongoing issue.  I don't know Frontier well...but hopefully the speed will be better.

And I live in a big city, centrally located.  Not sure why Verizon couldn't make things work...I'm hopeful on the switch!

Verizon is phasing out because it wants to be cellular only. In a big city you shouldn't have a problem with speed.

Interesting.  I will not miss Verizon.  They are notoriously awful where I am.  The speed was a joke.  Tough business, I know.  But internet reliability is a big deal...

What does your husband think of Frontier?  I'm hopeful.  So far things seem faster but we have little occasional blips...when the page won't access the internet.

[ Edited ]

Well they pay well and have good benefits but he doesn't enjoy it. The union at his office is terrible. He's been in some kind of sales position since he was like 14. We are hoping to be able to transfer offices and departments since he has been there for awhile now and could retire at an earlier time. We don't actually use them lol we have Suddenlink cause Frontier isn't the fastest in our area.

We only have Frontier and Time warner cable...crazy...

Hope he gets to transfer!!!

[ Edited ]

I've been trying to get more in shape, eat better, and lose weight lately. I just weighed myself and I'm down 8 lbs since I officially began two weeks ago! So naturally I'm using this as an excuse to treat myself to just one piece of makeup Smiley Happy hehehe 

I'm thinking of getting either the new UD bronzer, one of the new UD highlights (maybe Aura but I love all 3), or the new Laura Gellar highlight in Charming Pink. I'm having such a hard time deciding which to get... help!?!?

None of them are in stores yet (or at least in my local Ulta) so I haven't been able to test them but I just can't wait!!!  

Have you ladies tried any of these products yet and what are your thoughts on them?

I don't have a suggestion, because I haven't used any of those, but I want to say congrats on your weight loss and working hard! I'm doing the same thing, except I reward myself with lipstick. 🙊

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much!! And congratulations to you as well! Smiley Happy I just feel so much better mentally and physically and I'm sure you prob do too!! What lipsticks have you rewarded yourself with (or plan to)?!

(0) Hearts

You're welcome! And thank you too! I definitely feel better mentally and physically. It's great. So far I've gotten 2 Kylie Jenner lip kits.  I plan on getting Stila next.  I would've gotten it first, but Kylie's restock lined up perfectly with my milestone. (I use the app Happy Scale. It sets milestones for you, so when I hit one, that's when I buy something.)

I have tried the UD highlighters and highlighters.  I posted swatches in the UD thread.

Love them all.  UD did a great job with these.  The bronzers are super finely milled and creamy.  They almost feel like a cream and are matte.  And they don't turn orange or yellow (on me), and issue I've had with UD bronzers in the past.

I love all of the highlighers.  Fireball has a lovely duochrome effect and is dark enough that I can use it as a blush.  Beautiful but similar to 2 of the shades in the Gwen blush palette.  Sin is a little warm for me, but so pretty.  I got Aura and it's stunning.  Nice to have a reasonably priced cool highlighter.

Congratulations on taking better care of yourself and the weight loss!!!

Thanks so much meganlisa! I think you may have sold me on Aura! It doesn't remind me of any highlights I already have, and it'll probably work best on my extremely fair skin. I may have to go back for the bronzer though! That packaging kills me!!! Again, thanks for the feedback Smiley Happy Smiley Happy