The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

[ Edited ]

Oh honey, no one here is any position to judge you for that total lol.

b3daae6118e4c404023985769ed88512932d3e1f_hq.gif

@TopazBeth Haha! True. It keeps going up too. I'm holding out for a 20% off coupon, but I keep adding to my basket so in a way it's counterproductive. I keep telling myself the more the total is, the more 20% will help.

I always point out to my hubby, "Look how much I saved..." and his response is always, "Look how much you spent..." LOL  It makes sense in my head though...

It makes sense to me too, don't worry. 

Even though last weekend I spent $72 at Victoria's Secret and saved $85. They let me stack coupons. It was amazing. It's the first time I've saved more than I've spent. 

(0) Hearts

BAM! That's they way to get a good deal!  Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I was so proud. I still am.

Sometimes it will somehow "save" one of those 3.50 of 10 coupons from order to order, if you still have qualifying merchandise in your new bag. That looks like what's happened here since the difference is exactly 3.50.

Oh, interesting. Thanks! I love Ulta's rewards, but their website needs some work.

(0) Hearts

Since the error is in your favor...

Answering a @heartsmyface question about grey mascara.

I just saw this new Diorshow color "Pro Anthracite". It's supposed to be dark grey, though Sephora's picture is darker than the Dior website's pic. Couldn't find any swatch online. Can anyone verify the color?

http://www.sephora.com/diorshow-mascara-P396240?skuId=1812353&icid2=brand%20content_brand%3Adior_p39...

(0) Hearts

I'm going to go for it!  Thanks! 

Not sure it's ok to post her pic?? but I adore the way Sabrina from the Beauty Look Book does her eye looks. It always looks so pretty and subtle. Does anyone know of any tutorials for a similar look? I'm really durpy with eyeshadow so I need a 'for dummies' version...

Here is one example. It's such a pretty subtle look. When I try to imitate somewthing like this it just looks messy. 

image.jpg

Wow!  I just checked out her blog and I legit need one of the new TF lippies.  I'm coming for you on Thursday, Revolve Around Me! 

(0) Hearts

Prepare to be disappointed - everything looks better on her lips. Lol. 

I kid, of course. But srsly, her lips.

I don't know if I've ever seen an eyeshadow look from her, but I do know that her lips are ridiculously perfect. 

I couldn't figure out how to make that sound not creepy, so whatever. They are. 

Her lips ARE ridiculously perfect. She kinda makes everything look good. 

Ugh! I'm sorry - I just hopped on for the first time in months and didn't see this thread and my question would have been perfect for it.

Am I the only one having issues with the BT site today?  My internet just switched over this morning to a new carrier (verizon sold the lines) so I can't tell if it's me or BT.

Hope you don't have too many issues. I'm guessing you got switched to Frontier? My husband works for them and I know they were taking over new states starting today

You are right!  So far the internet seems to be working better...except BT.  That's why I'm not sure..

Verizon was an utter disaster where we are.  It's been an ongoing issue.  I don't know Frontier well...but hopefully the speed will be better.

And I live in a big city, centrally located.  Not sure why Verizon couldn't make things work...I'm hopeful on the switch!