The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I love that baremineral's serum foundation is noncomedogenic, but every time I wear it it ends up with a funky finish an hour later - patchy, dry-looking, easily wiped off. I use CeraVe spf 30 moisturizer, and I've wondered if that's what's causing it. Or could it be the foundation itself? I know the foundation is supposed to be spf 20 already, but in order to get that protection you'd have to wear way too much. I live in a very sunny area and use a prescription retiniod product at night so I have to have sunscreen. Any ideas?

(0) Hearts

it's possible that product just doesn't work for you? idk, it sounds like the foundation just isn't a good match for your skin type. I'm sorry!!!

Does anyone know why some stores are not giving out vib rouge beauty insider cards? Are the physical cards being phased out? My friend was disappointed that she couldn't get the card upon qualifying.

The mods have said the cards aren't being given out anymore.  You can access it from the Sephora app & add it to your passbook on an iPhone.  I'm not sure if Android has passbook or not :/

[ Edited ]

I don't like that. I hate that everything is being made digital now. I like the cards.

(Yes, I edited a typo 22 hours later. Just look away. Pretend it was never there.)

Me too!  Call me old fashioned but I like having a card to hold.  Darn kids and their technologies.  

I like having the actual card too..... will make sure I don't lose it lol. It is easier for me to use the card in the store over giving my email or phone number.

I hate giving my email and phone number in stores. I feel like my privacy is being invaded because other customers can hear it. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

@Paiigee I feel the same way! Being cautious about privacy concerns is not being paranoid.

You're not paranoid. I feel you. 

@angel7594 @etscore1 Good to know. Sometimes I feel like I watch too many CSI type shows and start getting shifty eyed for no reason, so I'm glad it's not just me.

upload_1276343332579643109.gif

Awww.  Where's Dandelion?

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the info! 😊

So, I had this unfortunate blush accident...

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 7.23.35 PM.png

And I'm wondering if there's a way to reattach the chunk that doesn't involve smashing up the whole thing and resetting it with alcohol. Because, you know, the pretty stripes. I did consider superglue - and I'm not completely opposed to it - but there must be a better way, no?

Thanks for any advice.

This doesn't help you at all, but I am now hungry for Neapolitan ice cream.

(0) Hearts

Now I'm craving ice cream, too.

yeah.... the ice cream photo brought me here LOL

Hmm that's the reason I came here at all then I gave my advice haha

Ohhhh this makes me hurt a little! Smiley Sad

(0) Hearts

It's so tragic.