The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

(0) Hearts

That makes sense! I have a few elf ones now, and they're starting to shed. I've never used MUA or Luxie though. Are they pretty good?

[ Edited ]

@Paiigee I feel all three of those brands can be hit&miss, but the majority of what I bought/received, I loved Smiley Happy

I especially loved:

Luxie - 205 Tapered Blending Brush (Incredibly soft. Perfect for a soft dab of color, or blending things out.)

MUA - Pro Angled Liner/brow Brush  (nice and dense. It gives you almost liquid liner-esque lines)

ELF - Blending Brush , Powder Brush (Love them both. My current ones don't shed, but I've had one that sheds Smiley Sad It's my bf's temp shaving cream brush now lol)

I think I prefer some of these to my Wayne Goss brushes, though granted, I only have two haha. 

(0) Hearts

Good to know! I'll keep these in mind if finding a set doesn't work out. 

I needed this thread Smiley Very Happy 

I love the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Plum's the Word! I normally wear Kiara Sky nail polishes, not sure if they're considered drugstore, but my favorite shade is Creme de Nude!

As for the puppies, I just can't choose! 

I have a question already (heheh). Has anyone had a bad experience with Kylie Cosmetics customer service?? I ordered two Kylie lip kits last week, Dolce and Candy. When I received them, I opened my Dolce box to find a Candy liquid lipstick and Dolce lip liner. My Candy box was packaged correctly, so now I have an extra Candy and no Dolce liquid lipstick. I emailed customer service and heard nothing back. Has anyone had a similar experience?

I just have a bad feeling that this is gonna be a b**** to resolve ugh Smiley Sad I have been absent from BT for the past few weeks/months and just came back, so I wasn't here for any Kylie lipkit related talk! 

Hey, @etscore1 - Is it OK if I bring my own mascots, The Curious Cats?  Smiley Wink

I am here for the cats! Smiley Wink

Of course curious kittehs are welcome! 

kittehkittuh

So cute! Smiley Happy

KITTEHS!! Smiley Very Happy

No one's claimed my puppy yet! Blue collar to the far right. I'm going to say she's a she and her name is Lucy. I like her because she's consistently off the head tilt beat from the other puppies. Being a little awkward myself, she's my spirit puppy.

Anyway, for a question - y'all...I'm desperately interested in NARS new spring impassioned blush, but I also (less) desperately shouldn't be making an impulse purchase. My color iq is 1y05/6 right in that ballpark. Will it show up on me?! Thoughts?

[ Edited ]

@BaseballMommy   I swear this posted correctly from my phone. This morning - NARS impassioned. Please ignore everything but the blush and the lipstick Smiley Tongue

image.jpeg

(0) Hearts

It looks very pretty on you! Funny how it looks so light in the pan, but I can definitely notice it on your face. Thank you so much for sharing!!Smiley Happy

Did you like how it wore throughout the day?

Stayed all day @BaseballMommy

and I touch my face a lot Smiley Tongue

(0) Hearts

Nice!! I'm definitely going to purchase soonSmiley Very Happy Thanks again!

I am 1y06 and I absolutely love Impassioned. I have been using it everyday since I bought it to be honest. I can take a pic of it on my skin for you if you would like? It doesn't look like much in the pan, but OMG on your face it's just beautiful.

Please do!! I'm happy to hear you're my color iq and love itSmiley Happy

I will do it when I get home tonight! I do love it, and trust me you NEED it in your life! So happy they are making this permanent.

Yay! I'm excited!! (waving hand emoji)

image.jpeg

Ok, so the swipe on the left is built up and on the right I blended it out some.  I hope this helps! I took this with flash, I could do natural light if you want tomorrow. I just love it!!

Thank you so much @Amysangel!! I'm planning to buy it as soon as I can find a promo code or samples I like or a sale somewhere.

(0) Hearts

Awesome!! You are going to love it!! For some reason my picture was turned sideways. lol But I'm sure you figured out the blended versus built up.