The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Hi DivWA! How have you been? (Perfect example of a question that doesn't warrant a separate thread Smiley Happy)

[ Edited ]

My fave drug store polish is OPI Rich Girls and Po' Boys.  My fave puppy is Cecil, the one all the way on the right with the blue collar who seems the most confused as to what's going on.

I'm just here because wherever @etscore1 posts GIFs, I follow.

[ Edited ]

Same! I kind of got on someone for starting a similar thread months ago because I thought it was the whole point of BT.

But I can be totally won over by curious puppies.

(0) Hearts

Ironically, @Libellules, when I was trying to come up with a starter question, everything I came up with, I was all "Oooh, that should be its own thread... How about... No... That's another good one for a separate thread..." 

So yes, plenty of questions TOTALLY warrant their own thread... Smiley Very Happy 

Lol. If you google "question gif" there are just so many good ones. And that doesn't even include "head tilt puppy gif" results. Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]

LOL

This thread is so very much needed. 

And Wet n Wild has a great nail polish formula! So does Sinful colors Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

I wish I could give you like 5 hearts for this thread. It contains Lucille Bluth AND this sentence, "I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it..." Smiley Happy

Also, is this the kind of random question you mean? What kind of brush would I use with a highlighter (like one of the new Urban Decay ones)? A fan brush?

I use either a fluffy blush brush or soft stippling brush (EcoTools for both). It depends upon how much product I want to pick up and put on myself (i.e. How sparkly do I want to be today?). Smiley Very Happy

Thank you! I am going to give my stippling brush a try.

I fully support all the options here but may I also suggest a duo-fibre stippling brush like the MAC 187?  I use that when I want a less BLAM highlight (it's happened once or twice).  I know there are dupes but the MAC one is the only one I have and can vouch for.

(0) Hearts

I have a Real Techniques stippling brush but I've only used it for cream highlighters and blushes. I'll have to give it a try with a powder highlighter - thanks!

Great example!

upload_139305014534976123.gif

Of course I don't have an answer for you because that would make too much sense. I rarely end up using powder highlighters (too tired/bored by that point as it's typically a last step), and the one I do use, I just use the brush that came with it... but I would agree with the idea of a small(ish), tapered brush. 

Haha, thanks. Yeah, usually I look at my face at that point and think "meh, probably that's enough now" and skip the highlighter anyway. Which is why I'm now contemplating skipping the UD highlighter and getting the (much less expensive) ColourPop, instead.

Second @kethry70 I like using the Hakuhodo x Sephora small teardrop brush for my highlighting needs. (i love that brush. i bought backups so that i could have one each for highlight, blush and contour) I use the big teardrop brush for broader highlighting with less sparky powders.

I have a Real Techniques setting brush - is that maybe a similar shape? I've used that with my Cindy Lou-Manizer but I was afraid it was giving me too concentrated of a highlight, if that makes sense. Though part of me thinks it's more of a technique problem than a brush problem Smiley Wink.

if your RT brush is the small pink one I use that one too. Smiley Happy it works for really concentrating the powder on your cheekbones for a BAM sort of highlight, but not really for diffusing it into a glow? so I'm curious to see some recommendations too!

(0) Hearts

Yuppers - that's the one, and that's my problem, too. 

Your brush might be better at picking up powders, and your highlighter might be more sparkly..? I also tend to use highlighters liberally Smiley Wink

A lot of people do seem to use a fan brush but I have found that small blush brushes also wok well Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Great, thank you!