nathaliew

The Hourglass Veil Mineral primer - what am I doing wrong?

Hey guys. I am totally puzzled. I have several deluxe samples of the hourglass veil mineral primer. I have tried it many times and I just hate it. It is the worst primer I've ever used .... Its greasy and rolls up when I apply foundation on it... and it seems to make my skin twice as oily. I only see glowing reviews for it, so what am I doing wrong? Does it only work with certain kinds of foundation and moisturizer? If you own this primer and love it, how are you using it?

so confused.... 

starletta8

Re: The Hourglass Veil Mineral primer - what am I doing wrong?

(0) Hearts

Like everyone says, it depends on your skin and your foundation. I happen to love the primer, but my skin is not oily. I've used it successfully with a number of foundations (Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, Bobbi Brown).

I would recommend getting samples of a few different primers and testing them for several days each. If the Hourglass Mineral Veil didn't work for you, I'd suggest:

• Hourglass #28 Primer Serum
  • NARS Pro Prime Oil Free Primer
  • Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer

There are obviously many, many primers on the market but I've personally liked those three along with my Hourglass Mineral Veil.

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

I also wanted to love this primer especially because I dove in and bought the full size bottle. Unfortunately I stopped using it because it dried one specific spot of my face after a few hours into the day. It looked awful and was a hot mess.

Urbie

hi nathaliew- everyone's skin is different, so while hourglass may work wonders for other people, it may be just not right for your skin type!  

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

I know that sometimes it can depend on your foundation and moisturizer too....

Urbie

For me, primer always works best without also applying moisturizer, but that is my personal preference.  If you have oily skin you probably want to use a primer for your skin type- Smashbox and Too Faced make great primers that might work better on your skin than the Hourglass.

HookedOnBeauty2

I am picking up Smashbox primer tomorrow. Although I don't have oily skin, I was told it's a silicone based primer and I was using ELF primer until chic week rolled around.

nathaliew

I love smash box primers

brownskin77

I've tried the Hourglass Veil Primer because my sister recommended it and I have mixed emotions.  When I first

tried it, I loved it, but now it doesn't work well for me.  I don't think this primer is ideal for people with oily skin. 

Everyone has different experiences, but I do know that you should be able to mix and match products. Your skin

regimen plays a huge factor in how the products work.  Good luck...

rdesigns

I feel exactly the same way you do.  I have so many deluxe samples of this stuff, and it just doesn't work for me. Sorry I could not be of any help, but I definitely can commiserate with you! :smileywink:

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

Nice to know that I'm not alone!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • nathaliew
    • starletta8
    • Urbie
    • rdesigns